Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which team did you play in the last game?

Glorious Arstotzka
- 17 (16%)
Glorious Moskurg
- 13 (12.3%)
Ingloriously Didn't Play
- 76 (71.7%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 500

Author Topic: Intercontinental Arms Race: Finale  (Read 592845 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Intercontinental Arms Race: Fall 1943 (Design Phase)
« Reply #5850 on: April 15, 2018, 02:41:04 am »

Quote from: Votessss
UF-39-APC "Salamander" Pattern F (AKA Charmander): (6) NUKE9.13, NAV, Happerry, eS, Andrea, QuakeIV
Butterfire: (1) RAM
UF-43-IRC "Spectre": (1) Kashyyk

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: April 15, 2018, 03:49:08 pm »

UF-39-APC "Salamander" Pattern F (AKA Charmander): (7) NUKE9.13, NAV, Happerry, eS, Andrea, QuakeIV, Stabby
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: April 15, 2018, 05:58:51 pm »

UF-39-APC "Salamander" Pattern F (AKA Charmander): (8) NUKE9.13, NAV, Happerry, eS, Andrea, QuakeIV, Stabby,Funk
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: April 15, 2018, 06:22:22 pm »

The biggest problem with jungle combat is that there's too much jungle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: April 15, 2018, 07:23:06 pm »

I honestly wouldn't mind pushing the navy a bit more. If we could get a navy advantage this turn it might be worth more than having a leg up with infantry.
If we do a naval revision what I want are better, longer ranged, easier to air drop, torpedoes.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: April 15, 2018, 08:19:53 pm »

If we Revise the Fair Fight Module to be effective against their proximity fuzed AAA, then it would provide a bonus to both Naval and Land action next turn.  The battle report mentions it being a concern in the naval theatre.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: April 15, 2018, 08:23:38 pm »

I honestly wouldn't mind pushing the navy a bit more. If we could get a navy advantage this turn it might be worth more than having a leg up with infantry.
If we do a naval revision what I want are better, longer ranged, easier to air drop, torpedoes.

"Hey guys you know our already awesome aerial torpedo? Let's make a better one, awesome isn't good enough"

Seriously we could also just revise a good ship torpedo + launcher, IF it was worthwhile to focus navy this turn (Spoiler alert, it's not)
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: April 15, 2018, 10:10:29 pm »

"Hey guys you know our already awesome aerial torpedo? Let's make a better one, awesome isn't good enough"

Seriously we could also just revise a good ship torpedo + launcher, IF it was worthwhile to focus navy this turn (Spoiler alert, it's not)

I still think a light sub to screen out in front of the fleet would be the best thing if we wanted to do a naval focus, open another avenue to attack them from.  But jungle warfare is certainly the priority right now.

UF-39-APC "Salamander" Pattern F (AKA Charmander): (9) NUKE9.13, NAV, Happerry, eS, Andrea, QuakeIV, Stabby,Funk, Voidslayer

Anyone thing a Tiger Armor upgrade would be a good idea or are we completely past infantry mattering?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: April 15, 2018, 10:13:01 pm »

Anyone thing a Tiger Armor upgrade would be a good idea or are we completely past infantry mattering?

How the hell would we do that?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: April 15, 2018, 10:18:43 pm »

Aluminum flak jackets would be a sensible choice, but that is revision-worth.

I would like to have a decent destroyer in our navy.  Neither we nor cannala have a decent destroyer (I am actually not even sure if Cannala has any destroyer-class ships), and the Archer has been shown repeatedly to be near-useless.  I honestly can't remember a single time the Archer was mentioned in a positive light.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: April 15, 2018, 11:18:03 pm »

Our torpedo has been repeatedly called out for being too delicate to easily air drop from a good height and speed, forcing our aircraft to fly low and relatively slow to deploy it, and for being too short ranged to deploy except from a good distance within the enemy's AA umbrella which is a bad place to be flying lower and slower. Both of those issues are worth fixing individually, and together they're definitely something to be looked at as soon as we have a free revision.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: April 15, 2018, 11:51:25 pm »

Our torpedo has been repeatedly called out for being too delicate to easily air drop from a good height and speed, forcing our aircraft to fly low and relatively slow to deploy it, and for being too short ranged to deploy except from a good distance within the enemy's AA umbrella which is a bad place to be flying lower and slower. Both of those issues are worth fixing individually, and together they're definitely something to be looked at as soon as we have a free revision.

I'm fairly certain we fixed that? Around the same time we finally got the magnetic detonator we initially wanted... The range is still crap though, but we don't have to do any of that 'low and slow' nonsense.

Aluminum flak jackets would be a sensible choice, but that is revision-worth.

I would like to have a decent destroyer in our navy.  Neither we nor cannala have a decent destroyer (I am actually not even sure if Cannala has any destroyer-class ships), and the Archer has been shown repeatedly to be near-useless.  I honestly can't remember a single time the Archer was mentioned in a positive light.

We sort of have that with our current uniforms?... I mean, mangalloy isn't as light but it should protect from shrapnel no? Yes, I'm talking about our uniform with all the pockets, not Tiger Armor. It has a mangalloy chest and back plate, plus helmet.

Pretty sure the Archer has been mentioned beating up Corsairs once somewhere.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: April 16, 2018, 02:01:40 am »

Altitude and speed were fixed a long time ago.

Despite the immense importance that more sophisticated systems based on this technology may have, possible Forenia's biggest change this turn is their revision: the TPD-38b DOLPHIN torpedo fulfills the vision of the original, it is able to be dropped from aircraft at high speed and hundreds of meters of altitude, and uses a magnetic detonator to explode below the hull of enemy ships, causing maximum flooding while evading topedo belts and mitigating the value of torpedo bulges.

Range is just the nature of the beast. You can not increase range without making it bigger, at which point it can't be carried by our planes.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: April 16, 2018, 05:25:35 am »

We might be able to change the ratio of fuel to warhead to get better range against smaller targets, and upsize that to get something that is effective against larger targets but a Haast can only carry one at a time... I don't really see it as being that much worth it, but y'never know...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: April 16, 2018, 05:43:12 am »

The haast can carry two of our current torpedoes. It could carry one twice the size.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 500