Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193481 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Welcome To Sundown!
« Reply #360 on: June 01, 2017, 04:08:43 pm »

There's only one sentence in that post I called out.

You've latched on to Tea like a limpet.

Also, who said we wanted you to reveal how you do reads?  We just want your reads, whatever they are.  And not Tea's reads but fluffed a little.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:33 pm »

Just because I don't blabber out anything I have in mind all the time, doesn't mean I don't consider stuff, and no, I wont give a full reads list, I never do, I'll give stuff when I feel it's important or I have drained enough information from it that I feel like I can't get any more, which would be glaringly obvious if you had asked for any prior games to look at.
Ah, but I did notice and accept that.
See, I realized that, as you said, you weren't new and that what was going on did have some meaning to you.
Your failure to elaborate on that meaning, or to leave it open to scrutiny (and also, therefore, further elaboration or the formation in meaning in relation to yourself) is why I said that you are bad.

See, I need content to analyze in order to make a strong case.
If someone doesn't have enough content, I can ask them questions or ask them to produce content, and reinforce my requests with pressure.
The happier I am with lynching someone as the situation stands, the less I specify what content I want them to produce.
I'm not asking you specific questions because, broadly speaking, I'm pretty happy with lynching you.
Posting a full reads list demonstrates engagement with the game and leaves you open to scrutiny.
Legitimate interest and engagement in the daygame is the top towntell.

TBF
Pretty sure I said how I want his reads
If I kill Pozzai N1, who are you going to have content to pursue going into D2?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:12 pm »

There's only one sentence in that post I called out.

You've latched on to Tea like a limpet.

Also, who said we wanted you to reveal how you do reads?  We just want your reads, whatever they are.  And not Tea's reads but fluffed a little.

Yes but what particulary do you think is buddying in that(and prior) sentences, the fact I talk to her? The fact I engage her around her reads(which I actually skipped at first till she asked me about my opinion on them) ?

Where does the line of interacting/discussing reads go for you? What changes discussion into buddying?

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 01, 2017, 04:13:17 pm »

Just because I don't blabber out anything I have in mind all the time, doesn't mean I don't consider stuff, and no, I wont give a full reads list, I never do, I'll give stuff when I feel it's important or I have drained enough information from it that I feel like I can't get any more, which would be glaringly obvious if you had asked for any prior games to look at.
Ah, but I did notice and accept that.
See, I realized that, as you said, you weren't new and that what was going on did have some meaning to you.
Your failure to elaborate on that meaning, or to leave it open to scrutiny (and also, therefore, further elaboration or the formation in meaning in relation to yourself) is why I said that you are bad.

See, I need content to analyze in order to make a strong case.
If someone doesn't have enough content, I can ask them questions or ask them to produce content, and reinforce my requests with pressure.
The happier I am with lynching someone as the situation stands, the less I specify what content I want them to produce.
I'm not asking you specific questions because, broadly speaking, I'm pretty happy with lynching you.
Posting a full reads list demonstrates engagement with the game and leaves you open to scrutiny.
Legitimate interest and engagement in the daygame is the top towntell.

TBF
Pretty sure I said how I want his reads
If I kill Pozzai N1, who are you going to have content to pursue going into D2?

Posting a full readslist shows you want to seem active, as you can't possibly have anything remotely strong in terms of opinions on anyone.

It's way better to fixate on the stronger reads and make sure you let people know those than adding a bunch of sleb into a pile "just because"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 01, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »

Pozzai, please be aware that 80% of TBF's posts and 100% of mine (at least until the  16th-ish) are made via phone. LurkerTracker is our primary ISO tool on Bay12 and it doesn't function well via phone. Also, it is obnoxious to respond to "You havent posted X" with "Yes I have, sometime, somewhere, go re-read the entire game to try to find it!" And doing so will rightfully draw fire for evasion.

PPE: ah, so you never post a full reads list, and were intentionally wasting the entire towns time and energy telling us you already had and to trawl through the entire game over and over to try to find them. Thanks for telling us your alignment directly  Pozzai. good talk. and here I thought youd be hard to read since youd need leeway for being new to the forum. But when you tell us youre playing anti-town... well, that makes things easy.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 01, 2017, 04:16:37 pm »

Unvote I feel TBF has fulfilled what I was pressuring him into.

Is that an actual townread, or just a "well at least they entered the game"?

If the latter why not place your vote on a new spot you want to pressure?

If the first, can you walk me through that townread?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 01, 2017, 04:17:59 pm »

Do we have a quantum-state god-emperor this game or something? I'm becoming increasingly skeptical of doll's claims at all. I mean, we'll know by Day 2, but this is becoming slightly annoying actually. Signal-noise ration and such. Can't figure out anything about Doll meanwhile.

I really should reread the case against Pozzai, though. It seems important. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:58 pm »

Pozzai, please be aware that 80% of TBF's posts and 100% of mine (at least until the  16th-ish) are made via phone. LurkerTracker is our primary ISO tool on Bay12 and it doesn't function well via phone. Also, it is obnoxious to respond to "You havent posted X" with "Yes I have, sometime, somewhere, go re-read the entire game to try to find it!" And doing so will rightfully draw fire for evasion.

While that may be true, the opposite is equally evasive and non-committal. Why not just either a) "I'm on phone, care to link me" or b) use the ~12hours to either find it or ask about it?

The way they demand me to post it, as opposed to asking for it, and the fact they showed 0 interest in actually finding the stuff outside me prompting them about it should ring huge warning bells to anyone >_>

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 01, 2017, 04:20:56 pm »

PPE: ah, so you never post a full reads list, and were intentionally wasting the entire towns time and energy telling us you already had and to trawl through the entire game over and over to try to find them. Thanks for telling us your alignment directly  Pozzai. good talk. and here I thought youd be hard to read since youd need leeway for being new to the forum. But when you tell us youre playing anti-town... well, that makes things easy.

Why does that tell me my alignment directly?

I'm saying I never, and have never with 1 very specific addendum, have posted a full readslist as town. I think I might once as scum, not 100% sure.

So at best this should tell you that I play differently than you, but never my alignment.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »

Why does that tell me my alignment directly?

I'm saying I never, and have never with 1 very specific addendum, have posted a full readslist as town. I think I might once as scum, not 100% sure.

So at best this should tell you that I play differently than you, but never my alignment.

Also, I was never prior to today asked for a full readslist, nor did I ever say I had provided one. >_>

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:08 pm »

I'd like to note that it's pretty damn unsurprising that in an unfamiliar gametype and meta, a foreign player has the longest interaction with the only person they've played with before and who's play they've got the strongest grasp of.

Posting a full reads list shows you've analyzed at least some of every players content, or are pretending you have and may be able to be called out for such.
It also acts as an inducement to re-read key content in the thread, which is why on B12 telling inactive or weak players to post reads lists is very common. There's often a big ritualized posting of reads lists early D2 or occasionally late D1 when players look back through the thread for leads when there are none obvious to pursue or in response to other players posting reads lists which prompts players to re-examine content which appears to be influencing a conclusion they hadn't yet considered.

TolyK
I don't really have a strong case against Pozzai yet, but they aren't really giving me content when under pressure so it's getting stronger by the minute.

Pozzai
No, they fact that you don't have anything to find should ring huge warning bells.
Asking other players to find what you mean when they don't interpret it the same way is pretentious and rude.
Not everyone has ~12hours to trawl the thread to find out that you meant you posted empty reads on a quarter of the players in the game and were talking about that like it was deep and meaningful content.
If you've got ~12hours, spend that time posting something to get pressure off of yourself.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2017, 04:26:59 pm »

@doll: Well, you, possibly.

If you somehow survive or something, which would be weird.

I might need to reread D1 to find content on D2, depending on what comes up.

@doll again: He's not giving his reads because he doesn't want to give his methods.  You want his reads, not his methods, right?

Geez, 9 new replies?  Right...gonna go read those now.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2017, 04:27:21 pm »

Doll-senpai! - you just said you ask nothing of those you can lynch yet keep saying nothing when I ask what you want of me! Please post your lynch case against me! Senapiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!! notice meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

PPE - ill repond to you in a sec pozzai
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2017, 04:27:59 pm »

Pozzai
No, they fact that you don't have anything to find should ring huge warning bells.
Asking other players to find what you mean when they don't interpret it the same way is pretentious and rude.
Not everyone has ~12hours to trawl the thread to find out that you meant you posted empty reads on a quarter of the players in the game and were talking about that like it was deep and meaningful content.
If you've got ~12hours, spend that time posting something to get pressure off of yourself.

You got to be shitting me. Them demanding stuff I already have posted shows they're not actually reading through stuff or taking it in.

I told them it exists, go and find it if it's interesting, they somehow didn't consider that interesting.

Again, I answered them in terms of what they gave, had they asked "do you have any reads, I'd have pointed out where they were, demand shit, and you'll get responded to in equal.

Their constant avoidance to actually give specifics as to where 'buddying' exists, their lack in interest in how the other person in the exchanges thought the exchange felt means he's just latching onto what's cool and popular.

They also asked me to go read up on other games, but have had no interest in reading up on mine or Tea's and used it to throw shade in my direction.

You're just so blinded by your abysmal tunnel/the misslynch/shot you can take that you're unwilling to look for outside possibilities.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2017, 04:28:21 pm »

@Lenglon: More like 99% of my posts are on mobile.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 95