Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193439 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Lenglon and Shakerag Fusion Dance
« Reply #510 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:16 am »

I'm guessing scum did it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:56 am »

Why the fuck are people not asking what Survival mode is?!
1) Nobody claimed they were changing the gamemode or turning survival mode on or anything to that extent
2) Survival mode, as far as it has been expressed so far, is purely to the benefit of the mafia:
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.
3) Therefore, whoever turned survival mode on is scum and, perhaps unsurprisingly, does not want to out theirself or provide information about what it does
4) Therefore, any commentary on survival mode is (purely baseless) speculation
Also I'm not really phased by it because my action was going to have a similar effect anyway. Presumably scum turned survival mode on this phase because I'll be giving them an extra action after this and they can only use survival mode for one cycle or w/e and it'll be mostly useless after I've acted or something like that (or they want to kill & use a protect or w/e - like I said, all I or anyone has got on it is baseless speculation)

PPE:
No shit

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 03, 2017, 08:10:36 am »

... why will you be giving the mafia an extra action?
And why do you know so much about this survival mode? Or is this your "purely baseless speculation"?
Nevermind, I reread your last sentence. The first question still stands, though.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 03, 2017, 08:40:27 am »

... why will you be giving the mafia an extra action?
Well this gamemode is lucky, because I don't need to worry about giving mafia the ability to take another night action as well as the mafiakill.
...What.
...If you somehow survive the night, explain that.
Why don't you read the thread and stay up to date, eh?
This is why no-one likes you, nano.
Here is my fullclaim:
Spoiler: kore wa fullclaim des (click to show/hide)

I intend to use (E) to use (D) twice and (A) and (B) some arbitrary number of times on every player in night 1.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 03, 2017, 08:43:21 am »

I asked you for advice on what to with those powers earlier and you didn't say anything at that time (though I had a typo then time).
TolyK, Shakerag
Do either of you think I should avoid targeting certain (or many) players with my night abilities?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 03, 2017, 08:50:44 am »

OH. Apparently there are many people who miss fullclaims in spoilers...

I see. Well, my older advice still stands, then. Killing random people is pretty annoying to those people, even though you can revive them they still end up vanilla.
Do you require points to use EACH ONE of your actions? I'm guessing yes.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 03, 2017, 09:10:34 am »

Tir - I picked shake because of a mix of things.
1) respect for his play in general
2) a self-contradictory read of him (I didn't buy his miller claim emotionally, but did mentally, cold analysis said town, emotions said SK)
3) curiosity for what role he submitted to the BYOR.
4) Shake made a self-depreciating comment in the banter thread that made me want to express (1), and I feel more comfortable expressing through action sometimes.
5) I had major concerns about being able to post at all, and doing this would help cover the dead period if I couldn't post.
also, Tir:
Note: the mode change is NOT from me or shakerag. I have his entire role PM and he has most of mine, (doesnt have my alignment). Neither of us have anything to change the mode like that.  We are both town, but he cannot verify that I am even though I can verify he is. we have shared actions and votes, and he can post and/or act for me while im away.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 03, 2017, 09:21:40 am »

Lenglon
Is Tiruin town?
It sounds like she needs rolenames to protect players (?)
Would it be a good idea to share some of your current role information to feed her roles based machine?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 03, 2017, 09:38:55 am »

I don't know Tir's alignment or role, but Im assuming you want my best guess on her right now?

My best guess here is that everything Tir has claimed thus far is true. I also think that since she told us to NOT give away role info we shouldn't do it. Its reasonable to assume there is a counterpart to her, be she scum or town, likely one of the other is hidden.
As for my read of her? Town-ally. actual town maybe and maybe not, shes prone to aiding town when shes 3rd-party, including as a SK. I haven't got enough to reasonably guess at that part yet.
note that this is an emotional read, I can't bring up specific post segments to back it up. Dealing with her I believe emotional reads are more accurate than mechanical ones. she plays a good scum game and she is prone to missing entire posts as any alignment, so its very hard to lock her alignment mechanically.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2017, 09:41:10 am »

... So, things happened. One we get a public explanation of. Second is unknown what it even does.

Why the fuck are people not asking what Survival mode is?!

I just woke up and read a bit, but seriously?
I was :O
With a lot less expletives and innuendo. However the obvious hit me a millisecond after. It's like doll's post but my own :p
Basically:
Why do you care.
It is obviously player activated; it is obviously going to be mentioned if ever that person is of actual teamplay mind--context in the situation, it can also be fakeclaimed, either way it is too early to even make use of anything due to a myriad # of factors.

OHOH! :O You picked Shake! (You should've picked me ;~; becuz girl power)
It sounds like she needs rolenames to protect players (?)
Not really D:
Just knowing people's rolenames, role ability names, who targets who, etc, boosts me up :3
As in my abilities.

All of which isn't even part of my theme or what I expected but :V I'm cool.
Also thanks for clarification x>x

Rolename: seriously tir that wasn't my rolename I dunno what you're talking about
I misread ._.
Also your role sounds a lot like balancing a card game. I like that :p MTG \o/ [of which I have 0 knowledge about other than those 5 fancy colors that I somehow felt nicely towards as a child]

Also Lenglon: Just to ask; are there any other players matching your coincidental choice this game at the current time?
Anyone else targeting Lenglon? :3 I want to hug you (while you do whatever to her). [I actually don't do anything important x<x Hence why I keep harping about being a bloody magnet, however if I know stuff, I can then act and boost people. Bwuhbluhbwuhbluh!]
[/manyclaimsI'vemade]
My best guess here is that everything Tir has claimed thus far is true. I also think that since she told us to NOT give away role info [if you think it won't help your team; obviously Town] we shouldn't do it.
Yes please.
This is a disclaimer on everything I say. I edited it in there. :p

I'm guessing scum did it.
Can you add to this by typing your speculation out in detail?
I would love to know more about your thinking this game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2017, 09:45:55 am »

When actioning lenglon or shakerag or lenglon-shakerag, how should we annotate the action in our PM to you?
Currently, they are the same player. They do, however, still have separate votes.

You may target one of the other. Or come up with a creative portmanteau of their names. Personally, I'm fond of Lakelon.
I'm wondering if they can act on each other :V that'd fulfill one of the stuffin's I mentioned!
Lakelag: Can you still target your fused buddy and can he target you?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2017, 10:11:00 am »

Tir: Not really, not with the same reasonset anyway. you were my #2 pick, followed by tea. but the reasons for each were different. doll was considered but her plan to suicide N1 kinda drove me away. FoU is too inactive. flabort was considered too but he is giving me a toxic emotional read and I dont wana be stuck near that. Persus was probably #4 on the list.

and because I know youll ask:
Why Tir? becuz friend, simple as that.
Why tea? respect + outsider
why doll? analytic
why persus? analytic.
why flabort? vaguely remember him earning, through good hard work and skill, so kinda fancy title.
Who outside the game would I have prioritized? NQT.

Targeting each other depends on the ability.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 03, 2017, 10:11:42 am »

Hey you chatty ass people.

Just a reminder that I'm crazy busy on the weekends.

Might post at night.  Depends if the powderkeg I live with falls asleep early or not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2017, 10:12:01 am »

Generally no, we cannot

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 03, 2017, 08:55:33 pm »

Pozzai:
4 reads, yes. Have any changed? Doll has a point about you.
What exactly is Doll's point about me? Why don't YOU expand on it?

4 reads is still more than most people in the game has given, why is it an issue I 'only' gave 4, why is it not more important that multiple people have given (next to) none?

And no, nothing major has changed in regards to this.

What do you think of fish asking for my reads, being told I had given some and has proceeded to do 0 with the information? No confrontation or discussion at all about the reads he was so interested in me giving?
I assumed you'd figure out from the context that I was referring to doll's point about your reads. Specifically this one:

I didn't expand on it because you're already responding fairly poorly to the pressure given to you by doll and TBF, which is understandable, given doll's idea of pressure, but at the same time wanted you to be aware that doll had a point. Lenglon did a much better job on this front.

Sure 4 reads is better than a lot of people, but its still only a quarter of the players in this game. And the four reads were of people like flabort, who hasn't posted as much as he did early game. So I'm sure you had more reads than just 4 by then. And later on, you did start posting them.

Also, what you did in this post with TBF is classic deflection. You should also notice I've stated previously that if I wasn't voting flabort I'd be voting TBF, explicitly attacking him for lack of follow-up.

Posting a full readslist shows you want to seem active, as you can't possibly have anything remotely strong in terms of opinions on anyone.

It's way better to fixate on the stronger reads and make sure you let people know those than adding a bunch of sleb into a pile "just because"
The weaker reads still generate content, because a snap judgement on someone tells you a bit about the player making the read list. Are the strong reads important yes, but sometimes the weak ones give good content. What's wrong with wanting to be engaged and active? I'm fine with it if you don't like posting a full list of reads (because most of reads on OSG is going to be "he's barely posted") but you seem to be implying its a scumtell here.

Again, I answered them in terms of what they gave, had they asked "do you have any reads, I'd have pointed out where they were, demand shit, and you'll get responded to in equal

Their constant avoidance to actually give specifics as to where 'buddying' exists, their lack in interest in how the other person in the exchanges thought the exchange felt means he's just latching onto what's cool and popular.

They also asked me to go read up on other games, but have had no interest in reading up on mine or Tea's and used it to throw shade in my direction.
You keep using they, but most of these complaints in this post are directed solely at TBF, and your last line refers to FallacyofUrist, I think. If you look at the cases brought against you by TBF, doll, and Lenglon, you'll notice that they have different reasons for voting you. Lenglon's voting you over your supposed hypocritical reads stance, doll has a slightly broader case on you, and TBF's voting you for buddying. You're lumping people in the game into an indistinguishable "they" in this post and its really weird, since I don't think you're using it as a gender neutral pronoun here.

Persus was on my ISO list which I intended to do today at some point, but frankly only awake right now because I set my alarm to +3hours earlier so will have to wait till tonight, because Persus' reason for scumreading me felt very lazy, got a postnumber down for Flabort? I kinda felt like I had read one more at some point that irked me a bit, but couldn't find it when I quickly looked through earlier.
Where did I say I thought you were scum?

So at the first part and the final sentence.

Those two together actually make it even worse.

You're verbally supporting a case on me, that I, and even Doll themself agreed on was "weak"

It's a kind of non-commital way to keep pressure on a person, while deciding whether you want to be on the wagon and actively pursuing the lynch, or stepping back later if things change. The fact that you're now trying to make it sound as if you were not actually scumreading me, makes the manner of reminding people of the case even worse.

I use "they" a lot, because it's the gender neutral way of speaking of people. As long as I'm not 100% certain of people's gender, I tend to keep it gender neutral, which I have done the entire game, except one instance where I think Tea initially said "he" so I in terms responded with "he" about Lenglon, how come you haven't noticed that other places?

@Jack I'm starting to ISO/LurkerTrack Persus now, can you go into more detail about your read on them?

Pozzai

May've been addressed already, but:

I haven't shared them(well kind of have in some interactions) and I wont, because it breaks the purpose.

If I say "I did this and that because I hope to get these results" I murk the waters for the results I get.

There's no point in giving people an exact blueprint of what you're doing/intending to do.

*cough cough*

If scum!4mask, might be informative if their arguments feels reachy or contrived.

So... you're willing to let scum know a little bit about how to hide themselves from you, but you're unwilling to let town know how to show themselves to you?

You also seem to be awfully interested in other players reads of those that are voting you:

flabort on TBF

Lenglon on TBF's suspicion

Lenglon on TBF in general

Almost as though you're trying to deflect attention (votes?) onto a person that can easily be made to look scummier than you.

What do you think of TBF?

It seems from your reads that you have a much stronger case against both TBF and doll (in the sense that nobody is going to vote with you based on meta) than you do for the person you're voting for at this point, which is Tea. Why are you voting for Tea here, and not TBF or doll? (vote count at the time)

Quite frankly, yes, I'd rather tell people how to avoid being scumread than how to be townread, because that still means they have to force themselves into doing stuff in a certain manner to 'satisfy me' which can come of as crafted to me, and might get people who know them better to see things in their argumentation that reveals their alignment as well.

Also, I never said I didn't alude to or say what I do find towny in general, because that's in all my reads where I have seen something towny.

I am saying if I do/say "x" to get reactions, I'm not afterwards gonna state "I hope to get y" out of it, because it ruins any natural reactions to my initial action. For an example, see when I explain how I went about my initial thought process about Tea.
  I did and said specific things, to get reactions from her, and then revealed why I did so and what I got from it, had I simply instantly said "I wish for Y" that whole sequence of interactions had been pointless.

Regarding to strength of case, Doll is self-resolving. If I am wrong on them, and we lynch them while they're self-resolving, that's a huge own-goal.
 About TBF, you'll notice I spoke to a townlean later turned into a townread about their meta, since no one said "no that's total bull" to the meta explanation, I take that as fairly accurate, which creates issues with a large part of my points about them, because a large portion of my issue is that "surely a logical person would've noticed/done...."

Finally, I do not think my case on TBF or Doll were stronger. Tea has had some interactions and actions/lack of actions I find 'off' at the same time she's a person(the only person) I at the same time have some experience with, and in terms of meta, she also feels off, so as a person that tends to use experience as a factor in my reads, she pinged both the "in this game" and "through experience" parts of my scumradar.

TBF I expanded on a few times, since my Tea read kind of dissipated a bit, they're my strongest scumread. I have severe reservations about them being in a position where everyone is like "well we can just lynch them because I don't know" and something I hadn't quite taken in yet this morning when still posting was that the OP kind of confirmed a mafia faction existing, which therefore makes me even more uncertain about them being scum, or just a misslynch where people can just claim "well they were poe" as their reason to kill them off.

@Tea you asked for a reminder.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 95