Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 95

Author Topic: BYOR 0 - Game Over: Everyone Dies, SK wins  (Read 193649 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Lenglon and Shakerag Fusion Dance
« Reply #645 on: June 05, 2017, 05:01:25 pm »

Everyone: Do you have any reference to different "Game modes"?

The reason I'm asking: Given my (albeit limited) information, it seems that role ideas are reciprocated between several players, i.e. similar role mechanics are at work. This is fairly standard in Wuba BYOR's, iirc, so it was odd that nobody has any info about the modes. There's also the possibility that they just want to keep it hidden, for now, but I didn't really consider that at the time, either...
PFP
I put in Balance but I don't think this feels like it :V
But yeah I'm serious about having put in Balance somewhere in submitting the theme or otherwise.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 05, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »

Everyone: Do you have any reference to different "Game modes"?

The reason I'm asking: Given my (albeit limited) information, it seems that role ideas are reciprocated between several players, i.e. similar role mechanics are at work. This is fairly standard in Wuba BYOR's, iirc, so it was odd that nobody has any info about the modes. There's also the possibility that they just want to keep it hidden, for now, but I didn't really consider that at the time, either...
PFP
I put in Balance but I don't think this feels like it :V
But yeah I'm serious about having put in Balance somewhere in submitting the theme or otherwise.
I asked this earlier in the day, but are we doing a theme-claim-thing?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 05, 2017, 05:26:02 pm »

Persus - just trying to get some content to work with.

4mask - many other players are putting TolyK and Jack as just barely above the scumbar. I have a much more positive read of them. could you go into detail about why they are where they are in both your own and in the town as a whole's reads?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 05, 2017, 05:34:51 pm »

Persus - specifically, I was asking about those whos death he was endorsing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 05, 2017, 06:27:03 pm »

TolyK - If I wanted to privately tell doll details about my role, would you be able to make it happen?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 05, 2017, 06:28:30 pm »

No.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 05, 2017, 06:31:45 pm »

darn. oh well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 05, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »

No.
I think she was indirect (AND PFP BECAUSE AAAAA I had an awesome but D: dream and I still can't get over it despite it being 3.4 hours out, and my only coping mechanism was time alone and a darn nice navy-colored skirt)

So let me be direct.

Can you manually create or make a quicktopic between two people as an ability that isn't used up at this point in time?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0: Timer Dings. Locking Thread. Sending Roles (100%)
« Reply #653 on: June 05, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »

Getting vote count out. I'm a bit busy with this one, so I'll do actions in a little bit. If you action now, you'll even get to do it today!

The sun gets a little bit lower, but they bring out the lanterns.

Day has been Extended!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
doll -
FallacyOfUrist - hector13, Persus13,
flabort - doll, 4maskwolf, Lenglon, Pozzai, Tea,
hector13 -
Jack A T -
Lenglon-Shakerag - Shakerag,
origamascienceguy -
Persus13 -
Pozzai -
Tea -
TheBiggerFish - TheDarkStar, Tiruin,
TheDarkStar - flabort,
Tiruin -
TolyK - FallacyOfUrist,
No Lynch -

Not Voting - origamascienceguy, TolyK, flabort, TheBiggerFish, Jack A T,

Extension - TheBiggerFish, flabort, 4maskwolf, Tiruin, FallacyOfUrist, Shakerag, TheDarkStar, TolyK, Pozzai, Tea,

9 To Hammer. Day Ends on Wednesday, June 7th at 8:00 PM CST. There is no Extension available.

Quote from: Current Rules
Survival - The Mafiakill does not count toward the 1 action per Phase limit.

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 0 - Day 1: Bring Out The Lanterns
« Reply #654 on: June 05, 2017, 08:57:18 pm »

So been observing the last 30mins of the day from the shadows(not much to see).

It strikes me as really odd that Flabort's last post talks about how he'd return with information today and never shows up.

Feels very much like anti-spew mode, which could turn out interesting given we just got an extension.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 05, 2017, 09:19:20 pm »

anti-spew mode? What's that mean?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Pozzai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 05, 2017, 09:32:04 pm »

anti-spew mode? What's that mean?

Anti-spew is the description of "scum attempting not to give reads for town to analyse" when they're going down.

Ie if Flabort had died and flipped scum, we'd have very little in terms of interactions-stances to find his potential partners from, which is beneficial for scum.

A town is much more likely to be interested in actually leaving a legacy to provide town with information to win despite their demise.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 05, 2017, 09:34:38 pm »

Its possible, but its also possible RL stuff prevented him, or he forgot. He clearly hasn't been very engaged with the game, regardless of alignment.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 05, 2017, 10:53:39 pm »

Day actions processed. There is one Day action phase remaining. (I misspoke, I apologize.)

Additionally, if your ability does NOT say Day or Night (It says #-Shot or Any), then it can be used during ANY Phase.

Just reiterating.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2017, 10:59:28 pm »

Huh.

This, I'll have to think about.

TolyK has given me something to think about. That said, it doesn't change the lack of scum hunting from him, so I'm not currently changing my vote.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 95