Poll

Poll Holder.

Simple Machines'
- 20 (52.6%)
Poll code is buggy.
- 18 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Stellaris: President Ashsaber  (Read 24003 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Stellaris: A Drunken Electoral-System Rampage (Democratic Succession)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 07:28:15 am »

Space 'murica?

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 11:48:13 am »

Space 'murica. DEMOCRACY IS NON-NEGOTIABLE.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 12:24:32 pm »

I've added the option to the poll and reset it to allow people to reconsider the poll after that oversight.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 01:16:35 pm »

What was the final count for mods/no mods? Looked like we were leaning towards no mods

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2017, 03:29:00 pm »

It was 5 against, 4 for. I'd probably lean against mods if only to make easy to deal with configuring the game.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2017, 04:26:33 pm »

Well you can put all of the officially allowed mods into a collection so the participants can easily subscribe to them on steam, but it's still difficult to be sure.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2017, 04:28:04 pm »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2017, 09:02:39 pm »

Honestly, just get a waiting list of everyone who's going to actually pick up the save at some point and ask them as your most-important-people group.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2017, 09:42:07 pm »

I'm in for a term or two

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2017, 09:58:38 pm »

I've made a collection of mods we could use. Does anyone have any additions or subtractions?

Collection

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2017, 02:58:14 am »

Multiple Crises?  Because nothing says fun like siccing the Prethoryn on the Unbidden while the Machine Consciousness...kinda sorta just sits around sipping digital mint juleps and pretending it's a real threat, since it's a rather weak crisis at the moment, but the idea is sound.  I also see Plentiful Traditions on your list; any reason to use it over or solely instead of Additional Traditions (with or without Expanded) or the entire megaset using the combined Merged Traditions?  That's a genuine question; I'm actually not very familiar yet with these tradition mods, so I don't know yet if Additional, Additional Expanded, and Merged are imbalanced compared to Plentiful. 

"No mods" does seem like it'd make things easier all around, though, especially since the vote went against.  Since Steam auto-updates subscribed mods, it'd also break things when Čapek releases at some indeterminate point on down the line, assuming the succession game doesn't die a quick and horrible death to player ennui.  Even if you stop Stellaris itself from updating by opting into the appropriate "beta" version branch, Steam will still continue to update the Workshop mods as they update to v1.8, and many of those updates won't be backwards-compatible.  In other words, a Steam mod collection will almost certainly break the succession game a few months down the line unless we manually pull out all the mods and put together a big zip file or something to redistribute (probably without permission from the mod creators, given the number of suggestions, which strikes me as a bit un-kosher), or unless we can point out where players can download v1.7.2-compatible versions of all these mods on other sources like the Paradox forums down the line. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:02:21 am by Culise »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2017, 09:54:41 am »

I'm interested, but I don't have Utopia.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2017, 10:57:36 am »

That's a good point, Culise. Rather than run the risk of breaking the save, we'll go with the vote as it is.

Since it seems fairly conclusive that this is going to be Space 'Merrica, I think that's everything I need to start the game out. I'll start in about nine hours, until then, I await final comments and or suggestions.

IcyTea, what's your steam id?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:04:56 am by PTTG?? »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2017, 08:40:39 pm »

PTW.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2017, 02:18:36 am »

God Bless the Electoral College! And what a time to take office! Let's get right to work. Three massive combat spacecraft launched and in orbit, a construction fleet has just finished building an orbital spaceport, and the USSS Neil Degrasse Tyson is ready to start searching the solar system for useful resources. But first, our research plans:

There, we need to improve the guns, and if this terraforming research pays off, maybe we can carve my face into Mars... Anyway, the solar panels were the best of some very unimpressive options, but at least we can get a couple GW/hs from the spaceport.

But the really interesting thing is this warp drive tech. Now that has some interesting potentials. We've already outfit the three warships with prototype drives, and I've sent orders for them to shake them down with cruises to nearby stars. Military ships poking at mudballs is only the beginning, though. The observatory reports say that Alpha Centauri 2b has an actual nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere... it's well within range of these drives. I only have ten years in this position, so I have to act quickly, but it should be possible to put together a colony mission there fairly soon. Let's see what the engineers think.

Nice. Luna has a major mineral deposit. Hmm... but it'll take 90 billion dollars of industrial commitment, and it'll only net some 2 b$i/month... at that rate it'll take too long to pay off. I'll sit on the report until the colony ship's already under construction.

The test flight to Alpha Centauri was a success. Rather than waste resources flying the whole armada around, I've had two stay in Earth orbit and sent the USSS Cangjie to scout out some of the nearest star systems. She's not a science vessel, but just getting some eyes on orbit in some other star systems will at least help us locate some potentially habitable worlds.

Good news, Alpha Centauri 2b has new competition! Sirus III looks even more habitable [size 19 to size 17], and Sirus IV is also inhabitable, albeit mostly open ocean. I think this good fortune won't hold for long, though. Other scouting missions haven't been nearly so lucky; it seems that only a few stars hold this sort of treasure trove of potentially habitable worlds. We still have more than a year of stockpiling to go before we can even lay down the framework for the colony ship, and there are so many things that can go wrong... Still, in just a few months, we've made huge strides.

[Yeah so, I'm rushing the first colony ship and then switching to industry.]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6