Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150647 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1260 on: October 05, 2017, 03:28:27 pm »

We are definitely finishing our Thaddeus Crystals. No question.

I agree with spending our rescources to build our fleet and equip our troops instead of designs this turn.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: October 05, 2017, 04:25:14 pm »

So, I take it we're saving up four dice this turn or...?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: October 05, 2017, 05:17:19 pm »

Revise. Coordinated. Fire.

We could save the other 3 dice or spend them on more revisions.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: October 05, 2017, 05:26:43 pm »

We are definitely finishing our Thaddeus Crystals. No question.

I agree with spending our rescources to build our fleet and equip our troops instead of designs this turn.

We can still roll new projects without spending resources. We just can't progress things without them. Now would be a good time to do a theoretical design.

I agree we should finish thaddeus class crystals, and revise coordinated fire.
Personally, I think we should take another stab at grenade bolts and revise a tactic of laying traps during the fighting retreat.

Then we could bank the last dice.

I wonder if drag would let us sell a dice for resources...
After all, if a dice just represents the funding for our projects, we could just divert those funds to buying resources from independent contractors. hmm... ???
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: October 05, 2017, 06:16:54 pm »

Since starting a design costs no rescources.

Medium Cannon Mount
This is simply a medium mount designed to hold medium cannons such as our neglected Vanguard. Instead of using slow hand cranks to aim it uses a pair of tiny trim crystals; one for vertical movement and one for horizontal. It also has suspension to reduce recoil vibration and ironsights to improve aiming.

This will let us make damn good use of our vanguards. It's stupid to put an expensive autocannon in a shitty unaimable mount.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: October 06, 2017, 02:37:45 am »

In the spirit of options, I'll make two crystal project suggestions that we can vote for or against starting:

Medium Lift Crystals
Something the Viper has been lacking for several years now, this is a larger Lift Crystal. I don't think anything else needs to be said.

Dedicated Core Crystals
A core crystal has three main responsibilities: power conversion, shroud generation and energy storage. Three very different tasks that need very specific crystal formations. Every time an enterprising designer tries to enhance one of these abilities, the other two suffer commensurately. Developing a crystal that is simply better in all three aspects will be expensive and time-consuming. This project instead focuses on creating dedicated power crystals, shroud crystals and storage crystals by enhancing different core crystals each in a different area, trusting that the shortfall will be covered by another dedicated crystal of a different type. This project should synergise well with our medium core crystal, which is simply three synchronised small core crystals. Instead of each of the three adequately managing at all three tasks, we can have one that excels at each.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: October 06, 2017, 04:11:02 am »

I better declare my allegiance to Spire Kasgyr.

If we're just talking designs that might not be invested in, it could make sense to consider wilder options.

Evermelt Ice
The contents of a crystal vat, frozen by the cold produces ice that melts without seeming to reduce in size or mass as the aether replaces what was lost. This Evermelt Ice can be used to help douse fires and rapidly reduce the severe heat buildup that follows the use of aethergrenades.

Aether Projection Cannon
By carefully tuning and adjusting the weapon crystal, it is possible to create a semi-stable construct of aether that moves in synchronization with the cannon. The result is a weapon that can be guided onto the target while the projectile is in transit.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: October 06, 2017, 04:29:29 pm »

Quote from: Designs
Thaddeus Crystals (1 die) + Medium Cannon Mount (3 dice): [1] NAV

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: October 06, 2017, 04:33:32 pm »

A medium cannon mount would be a revision, albeit one for the viper hull.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: October 06, 2017, 05:24:34 pm »

A basic medium cannon mount would be a revision. One with trim crystal rotation is a design (albeit a small design). Or I suppose we could accomplish the same with a few successful revisions.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 05:26:26 pm by NAV »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: October 06, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

Trim crystal rotation would only be useful on much the larger guns of bigger, and therefore slower, ships.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: October 07, 2017, 09:51:36 pm »

Thaddeus Crystals (1 die) + Medium Lift Crystal (3 dice): [1] NAV

Changing my vote to Medium Lift Crystals because we need our Vipers to be as good as possible and we have tons of crystal.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: October 07, 2017, 09:59:07 pm »

Thaddeus Crystals (1 die) + Medium Lift Crystal (3 dice): [2] NAV, Taricus

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: October 07, 2017, 10:56:15 pm »

Thaddeus Crystals (1 die) + Medium Lift Crystal (3 dice): [3] NAV, Taricus, helmacon

I kinda want to do some other stuff, but honestly, medium lifts are overdue.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: October 08, 2017, 02:36:28 am »

I'm gonna vote for just the Thaddeus. In the revision phase we can do the following to get Topaz production lines.

Topaz skyskiffs "Natalie" pattern - as the name suggests, this is a pattern for fully Topaz equipped skyskiffs.

Royal Funding - A dedicated topaz pattern would be a boon to the war effort, but with the Princess' eclectic output it will be difficult to implement as is. This revision focuses entirely on smoothing out the Princess' production processes so she can reliably provide for a topaz design pattern in addition to her current yields. This will hopefully also help as groundwork towards a topaz production line.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 02:21:14 am by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 178