Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 178

Author Topic: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr  (Read 150339 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: War of the Cinder Spires | Spire Kasgyr
« Reply #1875 on: February 28, 2018, 11:08:40 pm »

Medium Docks
Much larger and more effective docks, capable of servicing a number of medium warships. These docks are meant for military usage, thus they are made of superior bronzewood and have places to mount medium defensive cannons as well as light ones.
Provides a single production line that can be used for any medium or smaller production pattern.

(AKA Viper Production Line. Text pretty much copied from small docks.)

Quote from: Votes - 5 Dice
[1] Burned Mountain Survival Kit (3 dice) + AIM (1 die) + hold 1 : Kashyyk
[1] New VPL + Event Bonus (3 dice) (hold 2 dice) : Helmacon
[1] Topaz Vats (3 dice) (hold 1 dice) (1 dice AIM)
[1] Medium Docks (3 dice + event bonus) + AIM (1 Die): NAV
Proposals
Burned Mountain Survival Kit
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 11:12:45 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: March 01, 2018, 01:35:34 am »

[2] Medium Docks (3 dice + event bonus) + AIM (1 Die): NAV, helmacon
Proposals
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: March 01, 2018, 04:36:22 am »

[3] Medium Docks (3 dice + event bonus) + AIM (1 Die): NAV, helmacon, Talion
Proposals

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: March 01, 2018, 04:54:43 am »

I ask again, what is this event bonus?

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: March 01, 2018, 06:24:52 am »

I ask again, what is this event bonus?
Page 115 for the event description and reward. Page 121 for the declaration of victory.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: March 01, 2018, 06:44:38 am »

I have a different post-to-page ratio to you. For me, we're only on page 38. A reply number, or even a link, would be more useful.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: March 01, 2018, 09:16:19 am »

Quote from: Event
Event: War Must End

For this event, I want you to write your most persuasive argument for why your side should give up the pursuance of war and strive instead for a quick peace. This is not an argument for "BLITZ THE ENEMY SCUM, THAT'LL GIVE US PEACE", but something more like this. This is an argument for why the war is an evil thing, and why your spire would be so much better without it.

The side with the most persuasive argument will be awarded with the ability to take an advantage roll on one design, for both the project and prototype rolls.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: March 01, 2018, 09:29:43 am »

Hence why we want to spend it on the dock. Makes sense. I still want my proposal, but I can definitely see the benefit to this.

[] Burned Mountain Survival Kit (3 dice) + AIM (1 die) + hold 1 :
[1] Topaz Vats (3 dice) (hold 1 dice) (1 dice AIM) : doomblade
[4] Medium Docks (3 dice + event bonus) + AIM (1 Die): NAV, helmacon, Talion, Kashyyk

Proposals
Medium Docks

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: March 01, 2018, 03:04:41 pm »

Medium Docks
[Time: 6 (2,6) Progress: 5 (2+3) Cost: 5 (1,5)]

There's no war like a union war. After the Union of Dockers' spectacular success in turning the earlier Viper Production Line proposal into an utter quagmire, the situation seemed poised for them to do the same to the proposed upgrades to medium docks. Uncontested, the situation seemed ripe for another round of cutthroat dealing to drain imperial coffers whilst delivering a product as slowly as possibly. Uncontested, best blueprints of the Engineers could draft would mean less than cat spit. Uncontested, the docks would likely remain an unending civic project, 'employing' many and producing nothing. Thankfully, there was a source of contest.

The princess wrote a letter to the head of the Union of Dockers.

Less than half and hour after receipt, the head of the union showed up personally at the headquarters of the Military engineers and respectfully offered any and all services his organization could offer for the benefit of Kasgyre as a whole.

Medium Docks: 5/40 | 5C + 5O + 5W + 5S, +30 From any combination of any resource | Rushed 0 Times | Nothing Invested

Prototype
[Efficacy: 6 (3,6) Cost: 6 (6,5) Bugs: 6 (6,1)

The new docks are... impressive is too small a word- breathtaking would be better. The scale model worked out between the dockyard construction corps and the engineers is a marvel of detail. The docks themselves are designed as multi-tier affairs, buttressed by shrouded steel supports in critical regions, and supported at the extremities by hard-set lift crystals. Defensive positions are hardened with layers of bronzewood structural reinforcement, copper plating, dedicated shrouds, and a plethora of cannon mounts.  Billowing silk sails flown from various positions on the spire conduct aether through wrist-thick silk cables into various isolated medium cores, powering a plethora of dockyard machinery to aid in the creation of vessels outside of anything yet seen.

Medium Docks: A vast improvement over the standard small docks, with greater onsite machinery, room for workers, drydocks, and dedicated defensive sections. Capable of running a single production line for medium sized vessels, or splitting its production between two separate small production lines.
5000 Base points of production cap
1000 Base points of production per turn

A.I.M
Progress: 18/27
The progress on the AIM project continues at a steady amble, which can readily be explained away as the Engineers going out for another (fort)night of carousing after the smashing success of the larger dockyards.

Spire Kasgyre's Production stands at
13(+10)/y Crystal, 24/115 Banked
17/y Ore, 18/85 banked
19/y Wood, 26/95 banked
10/y Silk, 10/50 banked

It is now the revision phase. You have 1 die to spend.

Spoiler: Projects (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ships (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Goods Stockpile (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Infantry (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:27:35 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: March 01, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »

Nice....

So what was or actual roll for the AIM?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: March 01, 2018, 08:22:14 pm »

It was a two, so not bad, but certainly not great.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: March 01, 2018, 10:51:32 pm »

Nice! Now how about a revision to make pushing Burned Mountain non-suicidal?

Gas Hood
A hood of oiled cloth that seals around the neck. Has round glass lenses to look through, and an activated charcoal filter to breathe through. Will protect from poisonous gasses in the air, such as those caused by Wreth's spitball cannon or Burned Mountain.

Later we can do a couple revisions for canaries and cooling uniforms. We probably can't do cooling crystals with a revision, but there are similar mundane methods we can try, like evaporation based cooling.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: March 02, 2018, 09:15:27 am »

Jeez. I do not want to know how expensive that would've originally been. I was hoping it'd be the same production level as the Viper Production Line, but I can't complain with that. Gonna be a bitch to assign funding for though.

Anyway, revisions.

Quote from: Kasgyre Technology
Vanguard 'Mini' LAC (Small  Cannon)  3 Ore, 2 Crystal, Small | A single barrel variant of the Vanguard, designed to run in small mounts. Suffers greatly increased issues from the water leakage of the Vanguard design, and can only manage a sustained ROF of one shot per 18 seconds.

I suggest we Fix the Mini Vanguard. Rework the water pipes to reduce leakage. There's no revolving barrels here, so I don't understand how they managed to screw it up so badly. That should increase our RoF significantly as cooling improves.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: March 02, 2018, 09:28:39 am »

You know, I think a kettle gun revision would pull more weight. Maybe an improved cooling revision on those? Better accuracy maybe.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: March 02, 2018, 09:39:27 am »

We've already done a number of revisions on the kettlegun. I think it's about time we fix the mini Vanguard enough that we can officially phase the kettlegun out of active service, much the same way I want to phase out the gauntlet.

Speaking of, there's another revision for you. Streamlined Aether Pistols. The Aether pistol costs 1 each of Crystal, Ore and Wood, whilst the gauntlet is only 1 Crystal and 1 Ore. By perfecting the design and using Bronzewood where needed, we should be able to remove that Ore cost entirely, without increasing the Wood cost.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:53:20 am by Kashyyk »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 178