Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you support Iridium's rebellion if he becomes an animal person of some sort?

Yes
- 13 (46.4%)
No
- 15 (53.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 203

Author Topic: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD: Epilogue: Guest Week  (Read 293372 times)

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) SPAMOVERLORD
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2017, 07:19:18 am »

B, A feels more appropriate from my point of view, after all without the crystal in Poseidon of the rebels the fact that they can control it becomes less of an issue.

That's implying that bad guys can shoot.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »

B, A feels more appropriate from my point of view, after all without the crystal in Poseidon of the rebels the fact that they can control it becomes less of an issue.

Ah, I forgot, plot armor.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

BB then.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2017, 11:04:41 pm »

Ah, I forgot, plot armor.

Yep plot armor. Bane of all of us. I hope to fix things to have the guys like, do something useful.

Because aside super science we stink.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 20, 2017, 07:41:47 am »

Because aside super science we stink.

Every empire ever.

But seriously though. They were supposed to defuse bombs - instead, they have to shoot with small arms at extreme range and get doused with a wave for no good reason. Anyone would be shaken.

If it was a fair fight, we might have won. This was not a fair fight. I think the vote now is B,A? I'll get that later.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2017, 07:43:00 am »

Okay, we have guns shooting at Andrew and dogs after the control crystal.

Spoiler: Dice (click to show/hide)

Getting up to the tree is easy enough. Andantesite doesn't discriminate; it's generating a large column of inverted gravity, which the dogs locate and use to travel up.

The issue is that now Sam Drimoxi is standing below them with a shotgun.

Yeah, that doesn't go well.

The dogs do manage to make it into the tree in which Anna is sitting, however. And it's in close range that these guys really shine. After a brief time getting snapped at by the hounds, Anna jumps out of the tree.

She manages to catch a part of the gravity cylinder, but there is still a satisfying splat as she hits.

Sam bellows and helps her into the forest.

All the while we're shooting at Andrew, but unable to stop him from gliding to a landing deep in the forest. The inversion lessens to let him down, indicating that someone still had the control crystal.

Just then we get reports that Eldin is escaping.

You may turn your attention to one situation only, the other gets the idiot ball.

A: The control crystal
B: The escapees

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 21, 2017, 08:20:20 am »

A: The control crystal!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 21, 2017, 08:22:16 am »

A: The control crystal!
+1
Also, how about we just don't bother with the escapees? Rather than making a fool of ourselves, let's just focus on the crystal.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 21, 2017, 09:21:14 am »

Oh I'm sorry, I meant escapee singular, as in Jacob.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 21, 2017, 10:02:26 am »

A I already think Jacob as a idiot little ball, the idiot ball of local guards will be enough

(and that's how villains die and jacob or becomes a kind of comic relief or the unexpected hero))

although, the control Crystal is their greatest asset/danger
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 21, 2017, 12:08:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm also going to have to say A is our greatest threat.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 06:55:13 pm »

A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that ****ing crystal!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 08:07:01 pm »

A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get that ****ing crystal!

Alright.

The rebels holding the crystal have disappeared into the jungle. However, by now, reinforcements have arrived, and based on the injuries we're sure they have hastily hidden themselves in one of these areas:

The Search: Rules

We'll scan one zone per day (post) for human activity. Each day (post) the rebels will undertake one action critical to their mission. I won't disclose how many actions there are in total, but when they run out bad things will happen.

Each zone has been assigned a sensitivity and specificity. Sensitivity is the chance (out of 6) that we successfully find activity there. Specificity is the chance (also out of 6) that we mistakenly identify something else as rebel activity.

You will select a zone every day. You may select the same zone several days in a row. When you select a zone, the following happens:

• If the zone contains rebel activity, then a dice is rolled. If it is below the sensitivity, then you are told that there is activity. If it is not, then you are told, wrongly, that there is no rebel activity. If there is no rebel activity, then a dice is rolled and compared to the specificity to decide if you receive this information correctly or not.
  • If a neighboring zone (up, down, left, right, four directions) contains rebel activity, the same is done. Information about neighboring zones does not include which one it is.

At any time, you may perform a detailed search on a zone. If you are correct, then the search will proceed to the next stage without any chance for rebels to act. If you are wrong, I will state so, the rebels gain an action, and move randomly to any zone.

Therefore, low sensitivity high specificity zones like Mountain are safe - you likely won't catch them, but when you catch them you can be pretty sure. High sensitivity low specificity zones like Grasslands are loose cannons - you likely will catch the rebels, but might detect something else if they aren't there.

Our first zone will be!

A: Mountains
B: Swamp
C: Beach
D: Grasslands

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 08:09:41 pm »

B, check the swamp.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2017, 08:11:21 pm »

B, check the swamp.

You read the rules in two minutes!?!?!?!

I'll lock votes in half a day. I'm predicting this nonsense to go on for at least a week in-game.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 203