Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 222640 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2017, 12:40:26 pm »

Hmm... I choose (11,11). I think that’s the dark green square in the tradesman’s quarter. Anything else that needs to be done?
Those are chemical vats.

You guys can create your prep spells if you have one.

0_o. Okay, (10, 11) instead.

Spoiler: Prep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 06, 2017, 12:54:47 pm »

Shadow Alliance.

(Forgive me father, for I have juxtaposed cavemen and dinosaurs in the same scene.)

Flip through the book, and look for a picture of a stegosaur.  Is the book showing feathered dinos or lizard dinos?

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 06:11:21 pm by Devastator »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 06, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »

Oi Piecewise, read this spoiler:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #528 on: November 06, 2017, 03:17:57 pm »

Hmm... I choose (11,11). I think that’s the dark green square in the tradesman’s quarter. Anything else that needs to be done?
Those are chemical vats.

Alright, thats a tannery. Right next to the Bird Squad headquarters too.

[6]
You magic yourself up a truly stupidly big and powerful pistol.

Just waiting on your companion (and me to make the map).

Oi Piecewise, read this spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 06, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »

Oi Roncal badboys, I want that frikkin Permanent word.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #530 on: November 06, 2017, 03:33:53 pm »

Those are chemical vats.

Alright, thats a tannery. Right next to the Bird Squad headquarters too.

Huh. Didn’t even see that. What the hell, might as well make things interesting.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #531 on: November 06, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »

Ponder what kind of creatures dwell beyond this wall. Perhaps ask the nearest guard what they look like?

If our new recruit continues to be braindead then auto him up to the barricade and start doodling on his face.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You ask the guard nearest you about what critters hang around in this toxic mess.

"Oh, you know." the guard to the right of you replies "Skeletons with organs made of sludge that breathe chlorine gas and thermite. Though sometimes something bad shows up and we have to get serious."

Roncal Roth

Corven takes a long breath, sighing heavily "A'kay, I'll speak a bit slower here.  I know the Dreamers aren't in this for profit or power or any'a that bull.  'S why I want y'all to stay here.  This gate's a helluva lot more important than any money.

There's people who don't understand that, though.  Blind people who aren't seeing how the city's fallin apart.  They see this gate, they just think it's something they can profit on, they don't get the danger.  Do you want those people here, being responsible for holding the shit out there back?  I don't.  That's my whole point, you guys are good here, they aren't.

Now, yes, I'm very sure about this.  I got offered a whole lot of money if I promised to join their little coalition.  I didn't, 'cause I'm no fool, but we both know there's a lot of desperate people out there.  They can give those people guns and food, and then you've got a problem.  I'm offering to be the solution, if it comes to that."

I think part of the problem here is that I don't know how to say "I want your hex's magic words" in-character.  I had assumed it was sort of a collecting thing, where we can gain the words if we're allowed free passage around the entire building--that's what I meant by free passage, rather than freely being able to pass into The Unreal.  Poor choice of words, yeah.

Corven's deal here is that he wants whatever gives him the hex's words, in return for supporting the Dreamers if anyone attacks them.  He doesn't care about actually controlling the gate as in blocking passage through the hex; such would be nice, but is entirely secondary to his (completely honest) goals of preventing anyone else from taking the gate, and gaining words.  If that is impossible to achieve without actually murdering and replacing the Dreamer's leader... well, I guess this was a waste of time.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)
"So you wish an alliance out of the goodness of your hearts, reward be damned?" The man says, " Perhaps you're truthful. Self interest is a strong motivator. And the Dreamers always need new allies in these trying times.  However, I will ask you this: Do you want something out of us in return for your offer of aid?"

"Ain't that the truth. What kind of nasties do you lot see out here? Can't imagine anything friendly coming out from in there."

Converse with the guard, just two grunts talking shop.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Caustic Ghouls mostly. But sometimes animate objects come in from the North or preserved demons from the south."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 06, 2017, 04:48:57 pm »

Preserved demons to the south? Sounds like we can head that way and get a Zentol~

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 06, 2017, 06:09:21 pm »

No prep spell, let's see how this goes.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 07, 2017, 08:13:38 am »

Haul up atata's (character's) corpse up to where I'm sitting and take the permanent and polymorph words from him, aaaand... say, his repair word. Then start doodling on his face. Let's make him BEAUTIFUL.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 07, 2017, 08:48:03 am »

((@RC  . . .
 If you do that, at least, please, be a sweetie and boost Abu's Int to d10 before you enchant anything with them.  ???
EDIT: After checking stats, it's not so bad, but I still stand by my recommendation of boosting Int to d10 before any attempted (enchantment) use of those level-five words.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 08:56:44 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 07, 2017, 10:40:29 am »

((Hey PW this is a stupid dumb question but what are the limits to starting stats? Like the sum amount of levels we have to divide among them?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 07, 2017, 10:43:03 am »

((Hey PW this is a stupid dumb question but what are the limits to starting stats? Like the sum amount of levels we have to divide among them?))
It's in the OP, though it's a little hidden:

Character creation:
Take the following dice: One D2 and D10, two D4s and D8s, and Three D6s. Distribute them, one die to each stat. Then choose a name. Thats all you need to do. You can create descriptions and backstories as you like but that stat block and name is all you actually need.

((@RC  . . .
 If you do that, at least, please, be a sweetie and boost Abu's Int to d10 before you enchant anything with them.  ???
EDIT: After checking stats, it's not so bad, but I still stand by my recommendation of boosting Int to d10 before any attempted (enchantment) use of those level-five words.))

((My dear, have some faith please! I'll give those words to whoever thinks he has a good/funny use for them, but since that corpse is there now and I'm not a big fan of retcons several turns into the mission, I might as well grab them. Besides, regular spells don't need int, so it might not even be a problem depending on what one wants to do with it.))
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:48:22 am by Radio Controlled »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 07, 2017, 10:59:57 am »

Roncal Roth

((@Radio
We can't trade words after we've taken them.  If you loot the words, you'll have to be the one who uses them.  Unless, of course, Piecewise retcons that rule away; such would explain how we can sell words without using them.))

...So we defrauded the people who made our crow uniforms, thus meaning we can't ever go back to them and buy more, or improve our uniforms.  Greaaat, wish I'd known that. :(

Oh well, more important things to deal with.  Can Permanent and PolymorphWholeBody be used in enchantments on other people?  If so, then I'm pulling rank and adding those to Corven's hand.  If not, or if it's ambiguous, somewhat against my better judgement I'm still pulling rank and giving them to ER.  Hopefully he won't waste them.

The other words are distributed as follows: Abu gets Repair and AffectUser, Raven gets Crow and FireForward, either Raven or Corven (whoever doesn't get the two tier 5 words) get Cloud and... Ammunition.  That leaves Wall, MarkCaster'sEyes, LargeFirearm, Clockwork, and Many on the corpse, which I'd rather be located back at base instead of the field.

All of this assuming that we can retroactively have distributed the words before coming to the hex.  If we can't do that, well, nothing I can say really matters.  Now, back to the game...

Corven nods "I want two things, both of 'em simple and easy.  First, I want me and mine to be allowed among you, in this building, as allies.  Not just travelers passing through, as soldiers who might have to fight and die here.  If we're gonna be defending you, we need to know the place, and know the magic in its bones.

Second, we want information, about The Unreal.  Whatever you know about the things out there, and how people can survive them.  'Cause as hellish as it is, I think the Unreal holds a lot of value, knowledge about what the hell is happening.  Maybe even information about how to stop it.  Call it a fool's errand, but I'm gonna make sure my daughter has a life to look forward to in this city, or die tryin."

Yes, we want things.  One, we want the hex's words.  Two, we want to be allowed to talk, and get information about the Unreal.  To my understanding, neither of these have any cost, unless they actually do have mages.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 07, 2017, 11:15:46 am »

((@Radio
We can't trade words after we've taken them.  If you loot the words, you'll have to be the one who uses them.  Unless, of course, Piecewise retcons that rule away; such would explain how we can sell words without using them.))

((Is that so? I don't remember that rule, could you show me where PW stated that? 

Also, I'm really not a fan of blatantly retconning stuff like this, just way too convenient and boring. In contrast, having to get the corpse to the right person could be funny and give options for shenanigans.))

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 114