Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 222092 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2017, 10:54:19 pm »

Haul up atata's (character's) corpse up to where I'm sitting and take the permanent and polymorph words from him, aaaand... say, his repair word. Then start doodling on his face. Let's make him BEAUTIFUL.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You grab his corpse and hull him up onto the barrier. You take his words and then use the repair one for no real reason and with no target. The magic, lacking any sort of goal, lashes out randomly in a spray of green sparks and leaps into his corpse. His body writhes and contorts horribly, limbs twisting taunt at odd angles, joints popping wetly. Finally he  arches his back, so hard he nearly touches the top of his head with his feet and his skin burns and heals in random patches before the magic fades and his corpse thumps down and rolls off the barricade.

Huh.

"Shit, you even get animate objects attacking you? Like what, angry cutlery trying to poke yer eyes out?"

Just makin' conversation

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Those aren't the problem. The little stuff doesn't venture far. But we had an animate windmill come here." He points back at the wall to a large section that is of a slightly different hue than the wall around it. "Took part of the wall. And six men."

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

In case there is a roll on whether the negotiations succeed, I assist with it.

Also, did we really defraud anyone with that trade for uniforms? Does it actually matter (or is it just a Fun bit of game-insignificant trivia you provided on request)? Because I believe trading honestly and without fostering long-term complications was in the spirit of that exchange, especially since it was not specified (or explained to us at the time) to do otherwise.  :-\

((@RC On trading words without killing involved: I guess it was just taken for granted from the "gain words upon kill" mechanic interpretation; I actually couldn't find any sources to support this hypothesis when I tried. Maybe we should just ask PW directly. ))
We can assume you traded the word, not the material.

Roncal Roth

((@Radio
We can't trade words after we've taken them.  If you loot the words, you'll have to be the one who uses them.  Unless, of course, Piecewise retcons that rule away; such would explain how we can sell words without using them.))

...So we defrauded the people who made our crow uniforms, thus meaning we can't ever go back to them and buy more, or improve our uniforms.  Greaaat, wish I'd known that. :(

Oh well, more important things to deal with.  Can Permanent and PolymorphWholeBody be used in enchantments on other people?  If so, then I'm pulling rank and adding those to Corven's hand.  If not, or if it's ambiguous, somewhat against my better judgement I'm still pulling rank and giving them to ER.  Hopefully he won't waste them.

The other words are distributed as follows: Abu gets Repair and AffectUser, Raven gets Crow and FireForward, either Raven or Corven (whoever doesn't get the two tier 5 words) get Cloud and... Ammunition.  That leaves Wall, MarkCaster'sEyes, LargeFirearm, Clockwork, and Many on the corpse, which I'd rather be located back at base instead of the field.

All of this assuming that we can retroactively have distributed the words before coming to the hex.  If we can't do that, well, nothing I can say really matters.  Now, back to the game...

Corven nods "I want two things, both of 'em simple and easy.  First, I want me and mine to be allowed among you, in this building, as allies.  Not just travelers passing through, as soldiers who might have to fight and die here.  If we're gonna be defending you, we need to know the place, and know the magic in its bones.

Second, we want information, about The Unreal.  Whatever you know about the things out there, and how people can survive them.  'Cause as hellish as it is, I think the Unreal holds a lot of value, knowledge about what the hell is happening.  Maybe even information about how to stop it.  Call it a fool's errand, but I'm gonna make sure my daughter has a life to look forward to in this city, or die tryin."

Yes, we want things.  One, we want the hex's words.  Two, we want to be allowed to talk, and get information about the Unreal.  To my understanding, neither of these have any cost, unless they actually do have mages.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

((I stated earlier that words cannot be traded between gang members on a mission because I wanted to avoid "Word Tanks", ie some guy with d10 memory just remembering all the words for everyone and giving them out as needed. It might provide some interesting moments, admittedly, and makes the guy a huge target for smart players, but it would also undermine a stat.  The idea of picking up some words from a corpse and handing them to other team members though...I think I can accept that. We'll assume Radio collected the ones he wanted and can give out those, and only those, by meeting with people in person. ))

Nahhhh you traded the word. I wouldn't have you do that without your knowledge. The best horrible circumstances are the ones you make for yourselves, after all.

As per that question...

Ok, I'm gonna stop ya here and just say this to prevent future problems out of ignorance on one of our parts.  Are you purposefully not telling him that you want to take the magic from the hex? Because if you told him "And I want to take the magic from this area" he would understand your meaning.  I just want to know if you're being Coy or not. Because if you say "I wanna hang out" and then take the magic without telling them you were going to, they are probably gonna get annoyed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2017, 10:55:23 pm »

Shadow peeps, I'm really quite tired so I'll hit you up in the morning.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2017, 11:58:22 pm »

Nahhhh you traded the word. I wouldn't have you do that without your knowledge.
((Yay for most gracious and benevolent Piecewise the GM!  :) ))

Ravenous Rogues

Bored to his bones, Kay narrowly held down his urge to start singing. Or fighting the closest evil-looking man.

Hang around. Be ready to start killing people (or talking) when the situation demands so. Actually, let's engage in some talking already, as far as it doesn't impede the negotiations.

Sir Dreamer, if I may ask, that is one extremely brutal scar. Is the eye damage extensive? Could you tell its story?

Obviously, Kay is always eager for a story.

Spoiler: @Roncal-Roth (click to show/hide)

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #558 on: November 10, 2017, 12:46:06 am »

Tell the dude explicitly that we'll be collecting the magic words here, but they obviously have the right to take those words off us themselves if they have mages, or to just have us summon simple stuff using them. Warn him that stuff summoned like that will disappear. They own the place, they built it, and they man it against otherworldly horrors, so it's the least we can do to give them this place's words.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 10, 2017, 04:27:35 am »

Haul up atata's (character's) corpse up to where I'm sitting and take the permanent and polymorph words from him, aaaand... say, his repair word. Then start doodling on his face. Let's make him BEAUTIFUL.
You grab his corpse and hull him up onto the barrier. You take his words and then use the repair one for no real reason and with no target. The magic, lacking any sort of goal, lashes out randomly in a spray of green sparks and leaps into his corpse. His body writhes and contorts horribly, limbs twisting taunt at odd angles, joints popping wetly. Finally he  arches his back, so hard he nearly touches the top of his head with his feet and his skin burns and heals in random patches before the magic fades and his corpse thumps down and rolls off the barricade.
Huh.

Uhh, I think you misunderstood. I didn't actually want to say/speak/use his 'repair' word, it was the written equivalent to when you'd be in a store and draw out your 'and' while choosing what else you wanna buy. "I wanna buy some X, some Y, aaaaaand say, some Z". So can we undo that?

Either way, start doodling on that face dammit!

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:43:54 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #560 on: November 10, 2017, 09:06:42 am »

Tell the dude explicitly that we'll be collecting the magic words here, but they obviously have the right to take those words off us themselves if they have mages, or to just have us summon simple stuff using them. Warn him that stuff summoned like that will disappear. They own the place, they built it, and they man it against otherworldly horrors, so it's the least we can do to give them this place's words.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

...This.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roncal-thol Rotheleaod (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #561 on: November 10, 2017, 09:35:55 am »

Shadow Alliance

"So, I was wondering, does this place allow check outs? If so, you got any mystery novels, long ones?"

Chat with the closest guard, quietly of course, don't want to disturb anyone.

Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)
The guard leans in to speak with you, just as quietly.
"We do, but something of value must be left behind, as collateral. Books of that nature are in the fiction section, second story, left side."

Shadow Alliance

To the second floor, ask one of the guards how they got the job of guarding this place.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
The second story is much the same as the first, save for the big open area in the center.

You ask one of the guards on this level how he got his job.
"I was part of this organization when the city began to devolve. Though we were in a different building then and had a different name. I simply went along with the changes and adapted."

Shadow Alliance

Head up to the second floor. If I spot someone who is apparently in leadership in THE LAST WORD, approach them. Otherwise, just inspect the area. Look for access to the newspaper part of the building.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You look around and find a sign pointing up the stairs indicating that the newspaper printing area is further up. Fourth floor, specifically. And the people in charge are likely on the fifth.

Shadow Alliance.

(Forgive me father, for I have juxtaposed cavemen and dinosaurs in the same scene.)

Flip through the book, and look for a picture of a stegosaur.  Is the book showing feathered dinos or lizard dinos?

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
The image you find labeled "Stegosaurus" is this

Huh.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #562 on: November 10, 2017, 10:10:04 am »

Shadow Alliance

Head up to the fifth floor. If I spot someone who is apparently in leadership in THE LAST WORD, approach them. Otherwise, just inspect the area.

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 10, 2017, 10:37:01 am »

Shadow Alliance

"So, I was wondering, does this place allow check outs? If so, you got any mystery novels, long ones?"

Chat with the closest guard, quietly of course, don't want to disturb anyone.

Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)
The guard leans in to speak with you, just as quietly.
"We do, but something of value must be left behind, as collateral. Books of that nature are in the fiction section, second story, left side."
"Ahh, gonna have to come back later then. Thanks for the information."

head up and look for an interesting mystery novel.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:30:34 pm by Failbird105 »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 10, 2017, 01:16:47 pm »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 04:48:38 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 10, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »

Enter from the north. Find somewhere hidden nearby to chill until I think of something useful to do

Spoiler: @Cosa Nostra fellas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:59:00 pm by SamSpeeds »

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2017, 04:20:43 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: @DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:32:37 pm by Questorhank »
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: November 10, 2017, 07:54:27 pm »

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 10, 2017, 08:14:12 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"Cool!"

Flip a few pages.  Any sauropods?

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2017, 04:32:13 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"I'm interested in helping out as well, could you tell me who to talk to so I can formalize an arrangement?"

Accept and follow directions to whoever runs this place.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:34:03 pm by Rautherdir »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 114