Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to Ǫ̸̛ff͟i͢c҉̀ę̕: Paperwork in Five Dimensions  (Read 8298 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ǫ̸̛ff͟i͢c҉̀ę̕: Paperwork in Five Dimensions
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2017, 05:10:53 pm »

Name: Cole Wheeler
Description: 5'4", 24 year old male college student. The kind of guy they put on brochures.
Position: intern, hired to help IT convert the office to digital. All that paper means a very expensive waste company contract.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2017, 05:13:28 pm »

Description: 5'4", 24 year old male college student. The kind of guy they put on brochures.
Position: intern, hired to help IT convert the office to digital. All that paper means a very expensive waste company contract.
InB4 you get assassinated by the contracted waste company.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »

Complete paperwork at incredible speeds attained through the benefit of long practice and myriad extra hands emergent from the void.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2017, 03:36:16 pm »

How unprofessional. Find the cleanup guy and demand an explanation. After taking out all the trash of course. And bringing the blood to the workers. Seriously, the nerve of that guy.

(3)

You get a shoggoth by the name of Fred to haul the paperwork out of the building, but he gobbles up the bloodstained rags before you can offer them to any of the workers in accounting. Oh, well. A skipped lunch break isn’t really your problem, even if people are more likely to decide that the janitor would make good a snack.

You find the viscera cleanup guy outside the shipping department, contemplating a very suspicious pair of r͚̖̘̕u̠b̜̰b̫̗e̩̼r͎͉ g͉̬͞l͖͘o͔͔v̢͔̦̳e̜̕s̞͔. You’re not sure what he’s up to, but he definitely hasn’t been putting severed body parts where they belong.

"Is the black pharaoh at it again? Stay put Bob, and give a screech if someone starts causing trouble."
Check to see if Eshe needs some help dealing with nyarlathotep again. He frequents often due to his innumerable incarnations, and is one of the few capable of generating this much paperwork, Not to mention the love-hate relationship after she beat the metaphorical socks off them and got hired as one of the forward facing accountants.

(1)

The cloud-thing flashes you a look of complete and utter terror, then floats down the hallway at what you think might be its top speed. Was that Eshe? Things made of sulfurous gas are pretty hard to tell apart.

That’s about when the tide of paper gives way to a tide of giant cockroaches. You’re really not sure whether that’s normal, but it’s probably safe to assume that the swarm of insectile horrors is out for blood.

Look into one of the emails that aren’t translated into unholy runes to figure out why the fuck does he keep spamming me

(5)

You have been randomly selected to receive a free .pdf copy of the Necronomicon (530 BC, Hastur Edition)!

Please CLICK HERE to receive your prize!

Name: Soh
Appearance: A giant, floating smiley face. It can somehow manipulate objects just like a creature with hands could and pass through doorways.
Position: Therapist

You’re a part of EMBR’s newly-formed Mental Health Office, which is simultaneously gigantic and understaffed. Working with patients who have witnessed the unthinkable is a little touch-and-go, but as a giant smiley face, you can very confidently say that you are the man for the job.

The next patient on your schedule is John Smith, a human who’s suffering from “a sense of complete irrelevance on the cosmic scale.” Join the club, buddy.

Be as nice as possible, but make the procedure as unnecessarily complicated as possible; if it's nigh impossible to submit complaints, then I should never have to worry about complaints being submitted!

And if he wants to complain about that, who will he complain to? Muahahaha...

(1)

Niz’thur falls silent as you talk him in circles, and his maws begin to contort into a thousand grimaces and snarls. The columns of steam billowing from his face turn into a choking black smog.

“DOOO NOOOOOOT CRRRRROOOOOOSSSS MEEEEEEE, HUUUMAAAAAN!”

Name: Joe
Appearance: Tall, Blond, covered in scars from defending his position over the years, slightly substandard number of fingers... wears a pair of blue overalls and black shoes.
Position: Coffee and other fluids guy

According to EMBR, you are the “official beverage distributor,” which really means that you go around getting people drinks and replenishing the blood coolers in break rooms. It’s an unforgiving job at the best of times, but everyone seems to want lots of coffee, water, and nutrient slime today. You’re going to have to get ahold of enough fluids to fill their orders, and fast.

Save the juicy bits for bribes! Bribes for better equipment: bigger mops, sturdier buckets (with wheels!), better protective gear, genetic and metaphysical upgrades. The usual.

(6)

You mop up the blood, throw out the nastiest parts of the entrails, and deposit the remaining viscera in buckets from a nearby janitorial closet. The bigwigs might not want this stuff, but you know a guy from shipping who will definitely be interested. A bottle of dinosaur blood here, three kilos of human flesh there, and he’d be happy to send some contraband your way.

You can’t quite remember the ensuing negotiation, but you soon find yourself with a heavy duty pair of r͚̖̘̕u̠b̜̰b̫̗e̩̼r͎͉ g͉̬͞l͖͘o͔͔v̢͔̦̳e̜̕s̞͔, fresh from some cartel in the outer realms. You can’t seem to look directly at them, but they have a reassuring presence at the edges of your mind.

Since the day it came to be, the IT department has dreamed of eliminating EMBR’s massive paper trail. What they didn’t realize was that doing so required them to create digital versions of all 10^98654 types of forms. A team of underpaid interns was hired to process the record-breaking quantity of paperwork, and the rest of the department decided that they had another, very urgent pile of reports to fill out.

You are one of the unlucky interns. Having just completed the 10^36th digital form, you have several hours of free time before someone remembers to send you the next load of papers.

Complete paperwork at incredible speeds attained through the benefit of long practice and myriad extra hands emergent from the void.

(3)

You call upon the bureaucratic powers of the void, summoning up a thousand disembodied hands to fill out your mountain of paperwork. Binders are opened and filled out, reports are annotated, and at least ninety different varieties of form are neatly organized on your desk.

Everything seems to be going smoothly until you actually look at the completed papers. What info you can puzzle out is mostly sound, but the handwriting is completely illegible. There’s no way you can send this stuff out to your boss!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2017, 03:47:44 pm »

"Ah, sir, it seems you're unsatisfied with our services. Would you like to submit a formal complain about HR?"

Keep talking him through loops, but press "call security button" and hope it's silent.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 03:54:20 pm »

((This open to further applications?))
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »

nope, not Eshe, she's the only human in the forward facing accountants. Might have been one of the other staff, or maybe a client that was onlooking the situation. Push forward further into the office and discover the source.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 04:04:53 pm »

Statuses:

Spoiler: Ruairi Iudir (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jebbediah Loean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Karlman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Soh (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cole Wheeler (click to show/hide)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:05:42 pm »

((This open to further applications?))

Yep. Everyone is welcome, although I'll probably end up having to slow my pace if the player count rises significantly.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:08:15 pm by Whisperling »

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 04:25:28 pm »

Name: Elder Rich
Appearance: An old guy wearing clothes that flicker between the ages---one moment he is wearing a toga, the next a business suit, and then robes, then a futuristic spacesuit of some sort, and so on.
Position: Chief of Department Evaluation, Department of Horrors
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 04:29:26 pm »

Technically the paperwork is complete. Thus it is no longer my problem. Locate an underoccupied intern and make it his problem. Oh hey, there's one in the IT department now. Employ cosmic small talk to befriend intern while training Hands of the Void in penmanship and Gregg shorthand.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 04:47:02 pm »

Get back to fixing the Banishment Department's eldernet router and after that go on a quick brake
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2017, 05:32:51 pm »

"Hello, John. Please, come in. Just lay down on this bed here and try to relax."

Once he's nice and relaxed and receptive, mind-whammy him with a happiness blast, making him permanently happy, enthusiastic, and eager to work.

Then send him out and call in my next "patient".

Yeah, we used to use standard therapy methods, but this method is so much simpler, cheaper, and more effective.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 02:37:04 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2017, 06:14:56 pm »

"Why are you stari- You know what, never mind. I am severely disappointed in you. As fellow cleaners we are honor-bound to provide a clean workplace for the others. And what do i see here? A grown man playing with rubber gloves. Disgraceful. Where is your sense of duty? Stop staring at those gloves and get back to work."
Confiscate his rubber gloves.
"You're not getting these back until you get your act back together."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2017, 07:02:28 pm »

"Why are you stari- You know what, never mind. I am severely disappointed in you. As fellow cleaners we are honor-bound to provide a clean workplace for the others. And what do i see here? A grown man playing with rubber gloves. Disgraceful. Where is your sense of duty? Stop staring at those gloves and get back to work."
Confiscate his rubber gloves.
"You're not getting these back until you get your act back together."
Prevent this action. By force if necessary.[/s] "I do my job, lunchmeat! You can fuck off! You ain't nobody's boss!"

Edit: since the gloves confiscation emergency has been resolved peacefully, Ide will go home to his efficiency, shower and change, leave the gloves there, and go to the nearest bar that is not immediately fatal to his kind. For a drink.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 12:19:03 pm by Ozarck »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6