Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Council Of Villains: Deployment Phase  (Read 17905 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Council Of Villains
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »

Brain already have one, I don't think it will be impossible to build another one
But yes, selling them might be a mistake
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 04:58:49 pm »

We should start thinking about what other characters we might want to recruit, and what we should do first. For the former question, I'm thinking something like deadshot, a sniper of some sort, maybe we can add on a few things to em later on too, be they technological additions, or genetic.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2018, 05:07:43 pm »

Thankfully the heroes have a lot less leeway in terms of preemptive strikes than we do, so I think we're safe for the moment in terms of current recruits. Focusing on income is definitely an idea, but if we do anything too shady for income, it could damage our reputation as a Public Figure.

Oh yeah, and I dunno if voting is still open but definitely +1 Brian Matter since it looks like he's gonna already get the vote.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2018, 05:11:21 pm »

You are Brian Matter, eccentric millionaire and card carrying genius. You have grown up in this world, and are more than familiar with it's many faults. A lesser man might have been tempted to try to fix these faults, spending the rest of his life in frantic patchwork maintenance, dreading the inevitable day when at last he dies and the world will crumble under it's own weight to ruin of it's own. No, there is no hope for the world as it is. You understand these faults, and and you choose to exploit them. You will rebuild the world under your own ideals. You will make it something strong, something robust. You will make a world that can endure, that will carry your legacy into infinity, or the end of time. You are Brian Matter.

Your current headquarters is a building in the Blue Nation city of Dagos, a cold and icy city of an omnipresent murkiness. It is home to many financial centers and organized crime controls much of the underworld here. Your Headquarters is the boardroom of your very own Matters .inc and can support up to three (3) heroes at once. Brian is currently stationed in Dagos, and it will take one (1) turn to move him to another city, during which he will be unable to perform other actions.   

It is currently the Project and Research phase.

You may describe one project or research project you would like to perform. You will receive a quote for the baseline cost of the action in money and influence. If it is a project you may receive some details about the end effects, but the full effect will be dependent on the project rolls upon completion. Example: Your new Headquarters will increase the total Villain cap for the Council. (Rolling a (1) in effect might increase the cap by just 1. Rolling a (6) might increase the cap by (3)). The project will then become available for work during the deployment phase. *Do note that you do not have to assign anyone to work the project, and it will stay open indefinitely. There is no maximum number to the amount of projects or research you can have active at once.

State of the Council:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Villian List:
Spoiler: Brian Matter (click to show/hide)
Current Reputation - 100

Current Projects:
Spoiler: Projects List (click to show/hide)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 05:22:27 pm »

I vote to start research on the +1 Cerebral Enhancer.

The Cerebral Enhancer is a simple, elegant three-pronged headpiece designed to increase the natural intellect of any being. It works by firing isolated electrical currents within the Cerebral Cortex itself, speeding up the rate at which electrical impulses fire through bridging the gap between neurons. This particular enhancer is made specifically for Brian Matter himself, to increase his intellectual capacity and enhance his memory storage. If successful, it's designed to increase Brian's Intelligence from a lvl 4 intellect to a lvl 5 intellect.

The motivation for this project is so that Brian can keep up with the increasingly common superhumans filling the streets.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2018, 05:29:23 pm »

The Cerebral Enhancer is a simple, elegant three-pronged headpiece designed to increase the natural intellect of any being. It works by firing isolated electrical currents within the Cerebral Cortex itself, speeding up the rate at which electrical impulses fire through bridging the gap between neurons. This particular enhancer is made specifically for Brian Matter himself, to increase his intellectual capacity and enhance his memory storage. If successful, it's designed to increase Brian's Intelligence from a lvl 4 intellect to a lvl 5 intellect.

The motivation for this project is so that Brian can keep up with the increasingly common superhumans filling the streets.

+ to the mothertrucking 1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2018, 05:33:15 pm »

+ to the mothertrucking 1
+1, The search for wisdom never goes worng
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »

+1 Cerebro
We evil Professor X now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 06:34:12 pm »

So could we maybe get a quote on the Cerebral Enhancer, or do we only get a price/influence quote on it after it's been decided upon?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 06:39:40 pm »

So could we maybe get a quote on the Cerebral Enhancer, or do we only get a price/influence quote on it after it's been decided upon?
It's the latter. You get the price quote once the project has been started.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 06:40:45 pm »

It's the latter. You get the price quote once the project has been started.
ah, very well.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 06:46:40 pm »

+1 to the cerebral enhancer.

It's worth mentioning that such a device actually exists in real life; I'm too lazy to find the link for it right now, but by simply passing a small electric current between two points on the head it is possible to get a slight boost to your reasoning and memory. This guy being an evil genius (as well as possibly having less moral objections to more extreme experiments) might be able to achieve much more than that.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 06:55:44 pm »

+1 to the cerebral enhancer.

Its seems like a good start. And allows better stuff later.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 06:56:09 pm »

So even though it's not time to recruit, I think we should start discussing what we want to do with that. Do we want to spend reputation on our recruiting, or get some low-level mooks instead and enhance 'em with research projects? And if we're going to spend reputation instead, how much are we talking? Like a lot, so we have initially powerful villains, or less so we have more balanced villains and reputation to spare?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 07:05:47 pm »

Well, as I said, I wouldn't mind a sniper/someone deadshot like. Although a catwoman or some such would also be a nice idea seeing how they would be able to get us some extra cash on the side with their borrowing of very expensive and rare artifacts and possibly tech. Also, on a unrelated note, I wonder if there will be any neutral characters, ones whom are non aligned to either faction and sometimes fight both.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21