Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91924 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Evil's Afoot!
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2018, 03:17:00 pm »

I thought he was more likely than anyone else, but with 11 people, that still doesn't mean he's very likely.
That doesn't necessarily track... you'd have to figure there are at least 3 "generally bad types", so it's not like there's just a 1/11 chance. If one person seems more likely than anyone else, that's enough to vote for him. Although probably not to hammer. I find it rarely helps to second-guess yourself too intently, especially at these early stages.

Onnnn the other hand, I'm obviously not convinced enough to actually suggest voting for TricMagic at this particular point in this particular game. So do take it with a grain of salt, but it is generally good advice.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2018, 03:23:30 pm »

All right, first off, everyone share there Allignment.

Even if everyone says I'm mafia, I'm town. Do not trust your investigations straight off.

This was mostly to get everyone started by saying their alignment. Town would say town, and mafia can't claim miller. It was meant to help the investigators by knowing who to trust.

Granted, I play an Honest game no matter which side I'm on, though this didn't work out to anything but jokes...

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2018, 03:28:23 pm »

To my attention some questions have come.
My answers I sum:

I use no hammers in this game,
for having a lack of time to talk is lame.

A count of the votes can appear upon request,
Or at any other time I feel best.

Like now.
I take a bow.
~~~
VOTECOUNT:
*[1] hector13: mightymushroom
*[1] Starver: Maximum Spin
*[0] blueturtle1134:
*[3] TricMagic: juicebox, IcyTea31, BlackHeartKabal
*[0] IcyTea31:
*[1] BlackHeartKabal: hector13
*[0] juicebox:
*[0] MoonyTheHuman:
*[0] mightymushroom:
*[0] darkwarlock3:
*[0] Maximum Spin:

Not voting: blueturtle1134, TricMagic, MoonyTheHuman, darkwarlock3, Starver
To Extend the Day: None yet wish to stretch the day...
*Personal extension, yet unused.

This first Day ends 4:00 PM Central/Forum time Thursday, about 24 hours from now. The day's communal extension has not yet been used.

Do tell me if I got anything wrong. I would hate to have an inaccurate votecount.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »

Vote: BlackHeartCabal

Truly, your heart is as black as the cabal you are a part of.

In other news, I am thinking Juicebox the Jester as mafia, but his voting me as soon as he 'read' the thread is strange. And downright suspicious due to his misreads. If he read the thread, I doubt he would have made those mistakes normally.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2018, 04:12:43 pm »

Even if everyone says I'm mafia, I'm town. Do not trust your investigations straight off.

This was mostly to get everyone started by saying their alignment. Town would say town, and mafia can't claim miller. It was meant to help the investigators by knowing who to trust.

Granted, I play an Honest game no matter which side I'm on, though this didn't work out to anything but jokes...

Come on, that's not believable at all. Give me a bit more than that. :P

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2018, 04:23:31 pm »

Of course it's not, who plays an Honest game?{TricMagic}

I actually played in a game where we chose a Yu-gi-oh card, and I played as Honest there.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2018, 04:36:27 pm »

BHK

Right.

hector13: Town. Not as active as I'd expect, but that doesn't mean much.
Starver: Null. The asking to visit is odd, but that could mean anything.
blueturtle1134: Slight town. They aren't scum, I feel, and there isn't much against them.
TricMagic: Miller, huh?
IcyTea31: Null. They have observations, but nothing conclusive.
juicebox: Scum. I'd probably vote them, if not for Tric's miller claim.
MoonyTheHuman: Null. Maybe a bit lurky.
mightymushroom: Strong town. Very involved.
darkwarlock3: Null. Not a lot to work with, huh?
Maximum Spin: Town. They're focused on scumhunting, and would probably be a good choice to take charge of things.

I'm not one for the chaos of Day 1, but Tric's behavior tells me that they're a good D1 lynch, and we do need some info.

These are first impressions, based on very incomplete data. They are very much subject to change as I learn more.

hector13: Slight town. Scumhunting, but not as actively as my meta of one game would expect.
Starver: Third-party. Asking to be visited is a soft giveaway, and is suspicious but not quite scummy in my mind.
blueturtle1134: Town. Started a not-too-suspicious wagon, though I have some reservations.
TricMagic: Scum. Claims both miller and gunsmith and hasn't yet defended against accusations. I would like to hear more of them, as a brilliant jester is a possibility.
IcyTea31: Myself. Can't say a lot here, except that I'm town.
BlackHeartKabal: Null. Still lurking.
juicebox: Slight scum. Under the radar; has posted several times, but only to defend themself and to claim that at this point we need a 'good reason' to vote for someone.
MoonyTheHuman: Null. Under the radar, with little content.
mightymushroom: Town. Logical and focused play.
darkwarlock3: Null. Still lurking.
Maximum Spin: Strong town. Scumhunting, with jokes to make it less obvious.

I mean, these look almost identical. Minor variations and IcyTea thinking Starver's a TP aside, anyway. To be brutally honest it looks like you're dropping an OMGUS and using IcyTea's readslist to pretty it up.
There is an answer to Miller claims, and the answer is death. While it's going to always be in the best interests of a town aligned miller to claim that they're a miller if they're aware, it's also far too easy of a scum claim to ignore, because it gives them a perfect mechanical defense against a mechanical investigation.

Come on, that's not believable at all. Give me a bit more than that. :P
Yeah, this is a deflection, presumably because the response to a miller claim bought more heat than they desired.

The way I see it is that the Miller claim is outright our safest lynch, because if they're telling the truth, then we remove the innate uncertainty behind the miller themselves (because we can't prove that they're miller, and this could end badly if we end up in a LYLO/MYLO situation and we conclude that that is the best time to take out the miller.)
And if they're lying? Dead scum. On D1 too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2018, 05:11:39 pm »

He also claimed to be a Gunsmith. Which claim do you think is accurate?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2018, 05:13:41 pm »

He also claimed to be a Gunsmith. Which claim do you think is accurate?

He claimed gunsmith by... saying he'll give SK a gun. I kinda don't like the way he claimed that. This way he can pass it off as a joke if he needs to.

Or was it really a joke?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2018, 05:16:16 pm »

The said part is, this claim is invalidated by my honesty. Modified Miller. This game is just mostly vanilla mafia.

nin-nin: He was joking too you know.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2018, 05:20:02 pm »

Well then, BHK makes a point. You will die at some point, the earlier the better.

However, D1 lynch, in my opinion, needs to be informative. The only information we get from lynching TricMagic is whether or not he was lying. Not good enough.

If we have a vigilante or something, they can shoot him. If he’s alive tomorrow, we lynch him then.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2018, 05:21:30 pm »

Please give me a warning before you do that. I can extend the day, then you shoot me.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 27, 2018, 06:51:12 pm »

*[3] TricMagic: juicebox, IcyTea31, BlackHeartKabal
I have (at this point in my going through) Icy as having Unvoted, leaving the other 2 voters (and four devoting/onwards-voting people, Icy included).

BICBW.

(Anyway, nearly at the top end. Expect something non-metaish from me shortly, though probably nothing impressive.)

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 27, 2018, 07:24:08 pm »

Unvote hector13.

I feel like there's something else to ask you but no words are falling out of my brain.
I might have read too much text at once.

Isn't the information we get from pretty much any D1 lynch whether or not that person was lying?
After my last D1 experience, I'm skeptical of demanding more than that.

(For those who don't know, a reference to MafiaKart where Role Madness, including some of hector's, made D1 a mess of claims and nobody got lynched. Twice.)

Starver, as long as you're posting, please include these answers:

--You said you wanted to wait for everyone, how do you plan to respond as it looks like darkwarlock3 will not show up?
--Do you feel the same about MoonyTheHuman, who has made approximately the same contribution?
--What benefit do you believe you might gain by not voting at all D1, if I understand your announcement correctly?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:45 pm »

Depends on how much that person was interacting with others really. You know their alignment, so you can analyse the interactions they had with other people, and the interactions other people had with them.

I guess my major contention is that Tric's lynch is basically an argument around the mechanics of a Miller (Miller, for those who are unaware, is a role that means the person will investigate as mafia, regardless of their alignment) rather than anything content-wise, which doesn't tell us anything about the interactions (specifically around the votes) that other people have with Tric.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 55