Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138993 times)

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2018, 09:44:06 am »

The People
Action 1:
Ymar with !*Rehield*! and the Armor of Purity
The trapper with a crude spear
Hunt at G3
Action 2:
The grandmaster farmer harvests at H4 with a crude tool
Action 3:
5 workers and the half-secretary bird
Use 6 wood to build 3 boats
Action 4:
2 workers forage for wood at G3 with 2 crude tools
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2018, 10:08:05 am »

I, tellus, will create next turn a crucible providing a civilization with a tool making material better than any stone, in a form easy to use.

But who of the civilizations is willing to use such a boon?
Who dares enter in a new age of crafting and forge a bond with its god?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2018, 10:21:05 am »

I mean, probably me. Replacement would be useful, though I might as well just research Coppercraft.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2018, 10:50:10 am »

((I kinda feel that we should enter the age of construction since said god is far off with its fp.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 05, 2018, 11:43:13 am »

Well, honestly I think I'll try a civilization other than Cait Sith for the crucible.  I want to try to find someone more reactive and active in either doing FP boosting actions, or outright prayer. I'll throw the crucible in a developed civ which seems to have the right resources to start casting quickly and see what happens.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 05, 2018, 12:27:35 pm »

Well, honestly I think I'll try a civilization other than Cait Sith for the crucible.  I want to try to find someone more reactive and active in either doing FP boosting actions, or outright prayer. I'll throw the crucible in a developed civ which seems to have the right resources to start casting quickly and see what happens.

Probably the Delta Dwellers then, or the Aglejo.
Fishing vs Farming.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 05, 2018, 12:31:42 pm »

Still didn't got to fishing though :(
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 05, 2018, 12:39:53 pm »

Well, now you can make copper spears, or at least research their creation. Make sure to add rope for a retractable harpoon.

So Research Copper Harpoons.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 05, 2018, 12:47:37 pm »

The sword is only using the adjective "Purity" because of the fire. It is to be used to "purify" the corruption.

Amastay spends some fp to give his wyverns better wisdom/intelligence.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 05, 2018, 12:59:38 pm »

Alright, first off.

Diplomacy, 8 of 8 (It is now possible to have diplomatic states with civs other than the default hostility!  The possible diplomatic states are War, Hostility, Neutral, Friendly, and Allied.  You can change your diplomatic state by simply doing something like, for example, "Change diplomatic state with Xekarni to Neutral."  It doesn't use a logistics slot.  Note that two civs can set different diplomatic states with each other, and the other civ must research Diplomacy before they can reciprocate your diplomatic state.)

Dipnoi Republic has this. And The Xekarni has 7 food.

They research Diplomacy and become a vassel of the Dipnoi Republic. While having 2 people get the food needed. Would that work?

Second.  ;D
Housing: 9 primitive, 1 grown tree (houses 12 total)

I cannot state enough how happy I am that I can house 30 Workers at the end of it. Growth is coming to fruition. Hopefully literally. We're gonna need some more baskets.

Magic For the Win. We thank you Izzith!

Nagas attempts to teach the Keerim faction of zebras that snakes are intrinsically superior to birds, with the help of a puppet show demonstrating how snakes eat birds, in order to convince them to worship him.

ETA: Nagas also suggests to the Elder Lindorm that it ought to go eat a couple Cait Sith to keep them on their toes.

...Really Nagas? Changing actionAdding flavor to reflect this. Unless someone wants to protect us..
Also, isn't he supposed to guard the Magical Forest?

We got 7 Magicals and a whole lot of Fireballs.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 01:07:56 pm by TricMagic »

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 05, 2018, 01:05:23 pm »

Keerim tells the duck at F7 to go meet the zebras at G8
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 05, 2018, 01:20:43 pm »

Farsky acts
I put 2 FP worth of protection into H5, Lets not let history repeat itself so easily...
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Prismatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 05, 2018, 02:36:57 pm »

The forward-minded people of Aglejo hear the word of Tellus and pledge to offer their worship to the Metal God so as to earn his favour and guidance. [All workers not devoted to food production next turn will pray to Tellus to generate up to 7 FP, depending on this turn's haul. However, research into Metalworking will likely be delayed until after a couple of other techs are secured, as the civilisation is still quite young].

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 05, 2018, 02:44:06 pm »

The forward-minded people of Aglejo hear the word of Tellus and pledge to offer their worship to the Metal God so as to earn his favour and guidance. [All workers not devoted to food production next turn will pray to Tellus to generate up to 7 FP, depending on this turn's haul. However, research into Metalworking will likely be delayed until after a couple of other techs are secured, as the civilisation is still quite young].
Can't promise that, Aglejo outbided us.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 05, 2018, 04:55:05 pm »

REMINDER TO SELF: Check and update action instruction document

Jotun Oligarchy

The Jotun Oligarchy has been instructed to seek out the creature that causes the corruption. However, the Jotun Oligarchy is not able to travel far enough to reach it! In order to fulfill Amastay's instruction, research beings on a means of extended travel. Food is stockpiled so that they can fight without needing to stop to gather and stone is collected so that they can construct anything they may require for this task. Unfortunately, the preparation for war against the Nagas's creation left little time for prayer. Why was Nagas so bent on the destruction of the Jotun Oligarchy? The Giants thought that Nagas would only seek to destroy them if they wiped out the snakes that he made, which they definitely did not do.

An interesting thought occurs to the Jotun Oligarchy. Since their houses can hold twice as many regular sized people as they can giants, then if a multiple of 2 workers somehow ended up being normal sized then they would be better suited to non-physical tasks such as praying and research.

Spoiler: Doublecheck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Possible FP Triggers (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 05:12:29 pm by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 119