Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #5: The Tree of Desires)  (Read 13098 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

KitRougard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #4: Napoleon Bonaparte)
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2019, 06:37:09 pm »

I... I think that Agent Orange could be interesting. Make a Dryad sort of situation.
Scream all you want
They don't understand
Your Comic Sans font
A language of another land

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 16, 2019, 05:17:36 am »

I say we use AGENT ORANGE because that went so well for the plants in Vietnam.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 18, 2019, 04:27:09 am »

A) Tinker Red

A) 'Tinker Red'. Safe. Effects: Grants a creation power, enhances memory, creativity. Powers are affected by user's emotions. Manifestations: mental, physical. Power Level: Average-Strong.

This tree is going to be so blessed. You've chosen a serum that generates powers of creation as well as enhancing various mental qualities. The user's emotions play a key role in the power's manifestations.

...most of which is entirely irrelevant, since the subject is a tree. Not only does it lack emotions, it has no real memory and no creativity to speak of! You're hopeful that the serum finds a way to manifest that allows for something interesting, in any case. They can yield surprisingly useful results with something like this.

[MANIFESTATION: AVERAGE POWER LEVEL, MEDIOCRE ABILITY]

The tree... remains a tree, more or less. It exhibits no external changes and exceedingly dull to observe. It doesn't even have a real mind to analyze. You're rescued from boredom when a bird hops onto one of the tree's branches and is promptly submerged in a shower of seeds that appears from absolutely nowhere. The startled bird proceeds to gorge itself on the ample food on offer before being caught and torn apart by a passing fox. At least it died happy, you suppose. The fox lingers for a while in the shade, and once the tree manifests an affable vixen for it out of thin air you begin to understand just what you're dealing with here. In the absence of emotion and thought on the tree's part, the serum appears to be drawing from the living beings around it - and giving them they want, it appears.

Once humans wander by the scene, you get a better idea of the specifics. First comes a lonely old man; he's met by an affectionate dog to lend him warmth and company. The second is a city-bound soldier desperate for the means to pay off his debt; they discover, quite by chance, an ancient pouch of golden coins spilled over in the bushes. The third is a bitter young man with the intent of ending his days in the forest; the tree manifests a noose waiting for him. The sight of it actually scares him off his attempt, funnily enough. Each visitor appears to get their heart's desire - their momentary heart's desire, at the least. After that, the tree has nothing more to offer them.

The locals talk, the story spreads. The Tree of Desires waits in the forest, so the talk goes. They come in a thick crowd to cluster around the tree - some searching for treasures, others (rightfully) convinced that the tree will grant them what they want. The group gets nothing, though - either the mass of different wants and emotions confuses the tree, or it's simply not powerful enough to grant all of them what they want at once. The disappointment keeps human visitors away from the tree, but not forever. They begin to trickle back in, each receiving a little something for what's on their heart. You note that their true, deepest desires don't actually get fulfilled - the tree lacks the power or means to bring people back from the dead or grant them powers of their own, but the little gifts it gives can be very valuable, if their recipients get lucky.

That's that. Time to move on.

Who or where do you wish to inject?

A) Search for an individual fitting particular criteria. Specify the criteria - ie, 'a slave laborer', 'a scientist in Britain', 'a moral person exhibiting qualities of humility, courage and self-sacrifice', 'an amoral person of limited empathy', 'a young lion in Africa', etc.
B) Inject the water supply in a small settlement or area. The effect will be spread among many in diluted form. You may specify a particular place or type of area, ie, 'in New York', 'a forest', 'an isolated village', etc..
C) Pick a human at random. Should be entertaining!
D) Pick an animal at random. Should be entertaining!

What you want to see next are...

A) Safe Serums. These Serums are tested and mass-produced, with well-known effects and power levels, though the exact details of how they manifest varies. You'll have Machine bring you a batch of them to choose from.
B) Experimental Serums. These Serums are experimental and untested, with only the faintest hints of how they might manifest known. They tend to have a much wider range of possible power, and there is a danger of creating something that could be a problem to even you or something that might cause undue damage to the planet as a whole. You'll have Machine bring you a batch of them to choose from.
C) Choose a known Serum. Machine has provided you with quite a few Serums already. You could use one of them before requesting new ones. Please choose from the list below.

(Optional) There are further options you could consider...

A) Request specific batch of serums. You could have Machine focus on particular kinds of serums - for example, serums which tend to grant growth or offensive powers, or which manifest in a specific way such as gravity or disease, or other similar criteria. Please specify one term to search for.
B) Monitor an active individual more closely. Focus your monitoring on one subject you've injected. This yields more in-depth and detailed records and narratives of just what they get up to. Options: Naiche, the Horned Nightmare, the wandering cat, Christos, Eugen von Heeringen, Napoleon Bonaparte.

Spoiler: Known Serums (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Subjects (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman's Arsenal [SG] (1820, Injection #5: The Tree of Desires)
« Reply #187 on: January 18, 2019, 05:22:58 am »

B, Prussian War College
A, Lets see what other fun stuff we can drag out.
B, Naiche. Wonder how much of the US he's been running rampant on.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 18, 2019, 05:33:58 am »

B, Prussian War College
+1 It's time. After this, let's see what Napoleon's doing.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 18, 2019, 06:01:24 am »

B, Prussian War College
+1
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 18, 2019, 06:08:30 am »

B, Prussian War College
+1
1+ Pyramid time, speaking of, we should do a Pharaohs curse at some point, though I said that not to long ago I feel the need to bring it up again now.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 18, 2019, 06:24:09 am »

I also still think we should give serum to some factory worker soon.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 18, 2019, 08:34:13 am »

B, Prussian War College
+1
1+ Pyramid time, speaking of, we should do a Pharaohs curse at some point, though I said that not to long ago I feel the need to bring it up again now.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Hotfire90

« Reply #193 on: January 18, 2019, 08:39:35 am »

A A french scientist.
C Tinker Red.
B Eugen von Heeringen, he's the most powerful of our subjects, we should find out what he's planning.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 18, 2019, 07:10:29 pm »

A. Young/child worker in a major city factory.
C. Swift
B. Napoleon Bonaparte
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14