Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 334

Author Topic: MOOK: Such sights to see  (Read 482486 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #975 on: June 27, 2019, 03:23:17 pm »

I think a goop tank is much less now.
Can't seem to find it in the arsenal, so how much exactly?

Hmmm probably gonna be...Actually, I think instead of allowing weapon modification it might be a better idea to just have upgraded versions to buy that do more effective "damage".  Oz was complaining about people buying their way out of weapon negatives and he does have a point.
Aww, part of the reason I invested in mechanics to be able to make neat mods for our kit, with the idea that (since a roll is involved) fucking up would mean breaking the thing you wanted to mod, or at least wasting Toolkit charges (I assume those don't refill if you do tinker in between missions, but instead count towards your next mission?)

Personally, I think it might be better to allow player-modding but to not have npc's that mod things perfectly for money (like it was in ER). Of course, if you don't want weapon/gear modification in the game that's fine by me (though then Tech becomes even more favored over mechanics than it already is, like how Aux was waaay more useful than Handi back in ER), but then I'd probably like to rethink my level-up, if allowed. 

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: MOOK: Monkey Business
« Reply #976 on: June 27, 2019, 05:37:44 pm »

I think a goop tank is much less now.
Can't seem to find it in the arsenal, so how much exactly?

Hmmm probably gonna be...Actually, I think instead of allowing weapon modification it might be a better idea to just have upgraded versions to buy that do more effective "damage".  Oz was complaining about people buying their way out of weapon negatives and he does have a point.
Aww, part of the reason I invested in mechanics to be able to make neat mods for our kit, with the idea that (since a roll is involved) fucking up would mean breaking the thing you wanted to mod, or at least wasting Toolkit charges (I assume those don't refill if you do tinker in between missions, but instead count towards your next mission?)

Personally, I think it might be better to allow player-modding but to not have npc's that mod things perfectly for money (like it was in ER). Of course, if you don't want weapon/gear modification in the game that's fine by me (though then Tech becomes even more favored over mechanics than it already is, like how Aux was waaay more useful than Handi back in ER), but then I'd probably like to rethink my level-up, if allowed. 

Lets say 5.

Lets do it like this: I'll allow modification but only 1 modification at a time to any weapon or item. So you can customize it to a degree but you can't make it into some completely new thing via slowly modifying it repeatedly.

See if I can find a map of that type of space station in the network.

Also see if I can make an input only link from my communicator to the Murder Pot so that it will stop complaining about its lack of sensory input and start complaining about other things.

Otherwise, ready!

Edit: Also gonna give Rezel an extra 140 due to the armory rewrite (leaving me with just enough money to pay off my gambling debts). I've already edited my sheet.

[11]
[12]
Pathos finds a map of the station on the network and start it downloading. Immediately after that he attempts to secure a connection to the murderpot and accidentally set it to be two way. The murderpot completely takes over his computing cube and is about to leap into further networks when the network security kicks in and locks him out.  The map is now unfortunately trapped within the bowels of a severely misanthropic computing cube.

Done.

The team is lead to the interdepartmental pneumatic transport system, which conveys them violently to a lab not far from the original teleporter testing room. There they are met by several nondiscript men and women in labcoats and a bear.  The bear is very large; too large one would say. Its shoulders are nearly 6 feet across and if it were standing instead of just sort of lazily sitting on the floor, it would probably be something like 15 feet tall. The bear is also wearing a labcoat and, oddly enough, a pair of pez nez.  When everyone enters the room the bear waves with one paw. A woman, a beautiful but very severe looking specimen with her hair in a tight bun, steps up next to the bear. The bear begins to make noises; just ordinary bear noises as far as anyone can tell, but the woman next to him starts speaking a few moments later,  apparently translating. 

Hello, my name is Professor Octavius Honeypot, and I will be handling your transportation today.  I heard you participated in some teleportation experiments recently, but unfortunately that technology is not available to us yet. You see, that system used a decoding of basic molecular data and then encapsulation of the data in a photon packet which is beamed from one installation to another. It is a very excited new technology, you see it uses a... At this point the woman stops translating and looks at Professor Honeypot rather coldly. After a few moments the bear stops speaking and places its massive paws together in a rather sheepish way before continuing.

Yes, well. The version You'll be using is an old style folded space method using a phase interface. In layman's terms we're going to shoot you into another dimension for a bit and then you'll pop out near your destination. Easy right?  Well, I should warn you that there is a small chance that the phase space you'll end up passing through is rather...hostile. We've equipped your craft for such an event. Might come in handy later too, who can say.

If you'll just board the ship over there, there are 4 gunner positions and 1 pilot position.

As he says this the metal wall across the room starts to rise, revealing a military landing craft and the unmistakable nested gimbals of a phase interface. The ship is a pretty sleek looking thing, almost like a combination Helicopter and Vtol craft. The cockpit looks distinctly like an Apache's, all angled glass, while the body is pudgy, somewhat forward sloped, and possesses 4 relatively small wings with enormous rocket motors. Sticking out of the top, bottom, and both sides of the ship are hemispheric gunpods and, sticking out of just under the cockpit, is what appears to be an autocannon.

The door is in the back. Just head through, take whatever seat or position is best suited. We'll begin the connection momentarily.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: MOOK: Beary Serious
« Reply #977 on: June 27, 2019, 05:54:40 pm »

"I hope you're happy. Now I'm going to have to format the cube and start from scratch. You should show a bit more respect to the man responsible for you, you know."

Reprimand the pot. Format the cube and reinstall the OMNI OS.

Find a seat where I can plug my computer, preferably one with sensor data. Else just find a nice spot.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:56:29 pm by Parisbre56 »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: June 27, 2019, 06:11:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pick a spot. Whatever spot I choose, look at the controls to try to figure out what they do

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: June 27, 2019, 07:38:42 pm »

Take control of the top gunners seat. Get KitKat to sit as close to me as possible.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #980 on: June 27, 2019, 08:02:18 pm »

Grumble. Mentally pet my symbiote and call it a good girl, because it might just come in handy soon.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: June 27, 2019, 08:05:58 pm »

Take a seat. Firmly grasp my fire ax in preparation in putting down any space dissidents that come on board the ship.

Spoiler:  Kerberos (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK
« Reply #982 on: June 27, 2019, 08:22:46 pm »

"That sounds incredibly optimistic."

Ready. Test out the Symbiote on the ride over. If a subject is necessary for testing, attempt to cajole Lucy into helping by mimicking the voice of her sister, Lyra. You know, the one who liked to do experiments.

You still want to try this, when you get on the ship?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: June 27, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »

(I hope not.)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: June 27, 2019, 09:17:33 pm »

"sorry if I'm being blunt, but why are you a giant bear?"
take the left gunner seat, if it uses guns skill to fire these, and even if it doesn't.
Spoiler: Blake (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26:30 pm »

Pick a passenger seat roughly in the middle of the vehicle.

Spoiler: Spuds (click to show/hide)

Hotfire90

« Reply #986 on: June 27, 2019, 09:42:57 pm »

Pick a seat near the front of the ship.
Spoiler: Heather Reid (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: MOOK: Void where Prohibited
« Reply #987 on: June 28, 2019, 06:37:45 am »

Oh my God, Blake! You can't just ask someone why they are a bear!

You gotta growl and gurgle it."

PILOT SEAT! PREPARE TO DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Spoiler: Gambling Hall (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: June 28, 2019, 08:49:29 am »

Pick a seat that's as far from the door as possible.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

f13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: June 28, 2019, 09:08:04 am »

Grab a gunner seat, assuming that there is one available and no one with a higher weapons skill wants it. (I have d6 guns)

Are we talking rifle caliber mg gunpods or canon type gunpods?
Not that it makes much difference I suppose... after all, it beats my generic pistol, and I'm still going to shoot at hostiles with it when (probably not if) I get the chance.

"I wonder if anyone would mind me test firing it."

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 334