Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Ye Titans! IC [12/12+4/12]  (Read 12806 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [11/12]
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 01:24:19 am »

SECRET MOVEMENT, MURDER
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2019, 01:25:13 am »

yeah, then, some fire happened,,,, everybody melted, it was great,

some fire happens

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2019, 01:35:37 am »

FB coughs!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [10/12]
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2019, 02:00:41 am »

[To support reality, Seven Words that must not reach the mouth of Mortals.
One Word for the Beginning.
One Word for the Titans.
One Word for the World.
One Word for Power.
One Word for the Soul.
One Word for Destiny.
And lastly, One Word for the End.]

1 PILLAR

Name: The Seven Forbidden Words
Sphere: Taboos
Anchor: The ignorance of the Seven Forbidden Words. The Pillar will collapse were the Seven Words to be known to Mortals.
Description: The Forbidden Observer muttered seven times.
One Word for the Titans.
One Word for the World.
One Word for Power.
One Word for the Soul.
One Word for Destiny.
And lastly, One Word for the End.
He then sealed his lips, throwing the Seven Words to oblivion.

[To bring ruin to Yggdrassil, a bearer of Secrets.]

1 ASTRAL
1 NATURE
6 Essence

Quote from: Yur'Akashari Mual Yggdrassil, the Worm of Secrets (Ziz)
Name: Yur'Akashari Mual Yggdrassil, the Worm of Secrets
Class: Ziz
Background: Born from the first fruit of Yggdrassil, Yur'Akashari is the forbidden Worm that must devour all life and magic.
Description: A pulsating worm of azure-gold energy, shrouded in a silver-white aura of crushing power. Seven great tendrils used to manipulate and unmake sprout from its mouth. Ziz speaks fluent "English", the most holy tongue, making it pretty powerful and dapper indeed.
Traits:
[Magic Devourer]
[Absolute Movement]
[Mastery of Primal Energies]
[Cunning and Intelligent being]
[Weakness: Knowledge of its True Name]

[TITANIC EDICT. TRUTH WILL PREVAIL.]
4 ASTRAL
2 HOLY
24 Essence

Quote from: The One True Edict
This Titanic, being the First Titanic Edict, shall be know as the One True Edict, and all Edicts created after it in chronological order of the OOC-Universe shall be known as False Edicts. As the First Edict, the One True Edict shall take precedence over all False Edicts, because Truth is stronger than Falsehood.

Words will be Power

Words will hold great power. And Languages shall be stronger in order of apparition. As more languages are born, new ones will be born weaker. The old and forgotten tongues will bear vast amount of power compared to the newest and modern tongues, until eventually, newer tongues no longer hold any power.

Words of English Shall be the Most Holy

There is currently the first tongue, and most divine: "English", which dictates reality and its meta-nature in the [IC]. "English" will be the strongest tongue, and words written in "English" will hold unparalleled magic power compared to all other languages.

Words of Engrish Shall Be the Most Reviled

The use of "Engrish" shall be forbidden, the highest of taboos. And as the highest of taboos, "Engrish" shall also be powerful, maybe even stronger than "English".
Writing actions in "Engrish" will greatly increase the potency of their results, while also causing their user to accumulate an amount of Corruption proportional to the power of their action.
Actions written in "Engrish" may also cause great pain and damage to their user, possibly causing Wounds.

But a word of warning. Engrish and English must not meld together.
As "Engrish" is in nature contradictory with "English", presence of typographical errors, or "typoes", as well as partial "Engrish" in a majorily "English" action will actually cause the action's power to drop in potency, as well as earning their user Corruption.

Truth is Power, Falsehood is Weakness

It shall be known to all that Truth is absolute, and Falsehood is nothing before it.
It shall result in Secret actions becoming costlier to undertake than Overt actions, by an amount chosen by the Destinies and the Grand Master (GM) of all that is and isn't.

The Seven Forbidden Words

The essence of all that is will be bound to the Seven Forbidden Words.

The Seven Words that must not be known will be the keystones holding all that is together. They will be the most powerful Words ever created, and any beings unable to bear their massive power who attempts to write or speak them will spontaneously combust into primordial dust. Exposure to the Words will cause great pain to weak beings, and prolonged exposure will lead to the aforementioned spontaneous combustion.

Discovery of the Seven Words, and the Seven Eras

Each discovery of a Forbidden Word will usher a new era. Their discovery [of the Words] will always follow the chronological order they were ushered into the world: the first discovered word will always be the Word for the Beginning, and following Words will follow the chronological order until the Last Word.

The discovery of a Word shall translate into a great and chaotic increase in Flux-level, as well as all forms of energies and powers present in the World. Each successive Words discovery will be stronger than the previous, until the Last Word is known.

The First Era: the Era of the Beginning.
The Era of Titans.
The Era of the World.
The Era of Power.
The Era of the Soul.
The Penultimate Era: the Era of Destiny.
The Final Era: Era of the End.

The Final Era shall generate an unprecedented amount of Flux, al well as all forms of energies and powers of the World. The Final Era will last the shortest of all Eras, and at its climax, all Creation shall collapse with no chance of escaping it, and a new Universe shall be born. Only the Destinies will be able to prevent

Addendum: Any ire caused by the One True Edict shall be directed at the Forbidden Observer, not the mystic forces governing the world (GM). Any form of lashing at the GM for that Edict shall be redirected to the Forbidden Observer, and will also cause a Mark of Shame to appear on the offender.
Addendum 2: The name of the Eras is not definite, and may be changed at a later date by either the Forbidden Observer or the Destinies themselves.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 02:03:11 am by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2019, 04:24:51 am »

[To support reality, Seven Words that must not reach the mouth of Mortals.
One Word for the Titans.
One Word for the World.
One Word for Power.
One Word for the Soul.
One Word for Destiny.
And lastly, One Word for the End.]
Quote from: The One True Edict
Discovery of the Seven Words, and the Seven Eras

Each discovery of a Forbidden Word will usher a new era. Their discovery [of the Words] will always follow the chronological order they were ushered into the world: the first discovered word will always be the Word for the Beginning, and following Words will follow the chronological order until the Last Word.

The discovery of a Word shall translate into a great and chaotic increase in Flux-level, as well as all forms of energies and powers present in the World. Each successive Words discovery will be stronger than the previous, until the Last Word is known.

The First Era: the Era of the Beginning.
The Era of Titans.
The Era of the World.
The Era of Power.
The Era of the Soul.
The Penultimate Era: the Era of Destiny.
The Final Era: Era of the End.

The Final Era shall generate an unprecedented amount of Flux, al well as all forms of energies and powers of the World. The Final Era will last the shortest of all Eras, and at its climax, all Creation shall collapse with no chance of escaping it, and a new Universe shall be born. Only the Destinies will be able to prevent
Titans, observe.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 04:28:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12]
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 06:33:29 am »

Turn 0.5: Another Weird Dawn: Part 1/?

((OOC | Discord))

"Observe, Titans, the fruits of your labors:"

The First Creation of the World

Mana, first to act, took the World Seed and created the watery world of Aquarius (Mana: -W-A-H-8EE) and surrounded it with the twin suns Halios and Helios (Mana: -F-S-4EE), built on the Sun Seed. A softly glowing cloud Mana named the Auroris soon formed to shield half of Aquarius from the light of the Twin Suns.

With such a foundation in place, Mana proceeded to form her Pillar into the Divine Tree Yggdrasil, slightly stabilizing the universe by ordering the primordial chaos into mana so long as the world Aquarius exists.

Many of the other Titans vehemently disagreed with these unilateral acts of creation, and Mana being unwilling to revert these to Flux, they began plotting and scheming in the shadows. Sensing these tensions, the Defender drafted a settlement in which Mana's Essence is to be distributed among the dissenting Titans, viz. the First Precept, Fourth Banner, an unknown Titan named Ogretech, and Midan in exchange for their not attacking Mana. Of the named parties, none of which signed the agreement, only one Ogretech, failed to resist the terms of the agreement. On a surely unrelated note, Ogretch' da fowl appears to be smugly uninvolved in this ordeal.

The Lighting of the Torches

Fourth created the Major God Legion One, a quilted quilt knight and god of Conquest and Marriage. Thus born, Legion One left to beg for Essence and Marvels from the Defender for the power to preside over divine marriages.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Ye Titans! IC [12/12]
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 01:23:53 pm »

"In due time, Legion One, in due time. I must recover my power first, but I will offer you support when I may."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [13/12]
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 01:42:02 pm »

activateTitan(thethirteenth);
System.out.println("Hello World!");

"Hello indeed. It seems I came in at an interesting time, when you're only just deciding on the rules. Do not worry about my presence at the moment, I am still trying to understand just what is happening right now."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Titans! IC [13/12+3/12]
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2019, 05:42:32 pm »

((Posting to watch. Also will join in later. Tired today.))
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2019, 06:13:54 pm »

"Greetings to you, Exceptional One. While we are all gathered here, I have a proposal for when this conflict is ended, and if the current sphere comes to an end, as some of you have already seen."
TL;DR: Hollow world surrounding a black hole, illuminated by moons and powered by Penrose effect. Both inner and outer surface habitable.

The world envisioned by the Defender, which has yet to be named, would, at its center, hold a great black hole, encased by the hollow planet upon which life is to exist. Celestial machinery created by the Meta Machine himself would draw energy from the black hole by a method some Primordials may known as the "Penrose process" in order to supply energy to the life on the inner surface of the planet. The planet itself would spin, generating gravity for the ones inside with a bit of magical assistance.

The outer surface of the world would be illuminated by a number of glowing crystalline moons, the exact number and nature of which are yet to be determined. Complex lunar cycles would affect the energies and tides of the surface, as well as loosely approximating a more familiar day/night cycle. Traversal through the layers would be possible by passing through deep cave systems, or diving through bottomless oceans - though the former would require some sort of protection from the heat and pressure of the depths.

Though the world does not have a core in the typical sense, it still has seismic activity by dint of the crust being quite thick, with the immense forces acting on it providing energy and heat to drive tectonic processes. The atmosphere is continually replenished by the great machinery, compensating the losses as some is inevitably drawn into and consumed by the dark sun within.
"The Last has already proposed that the cold light of the moons drain the energy of the core away as the dark sun radiates it, instead, as well as suggesting that the moons are moved by great machines along a greater web spun by the Dreamer."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2019, 06:15:51 pm »

This largely has my approval.

*sounds of fighting*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2019, 06:18:08 pm »

*sounds of roaring winds and localized tsunamis are occurring*

"Fall, Hollow Dreamer..."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:01 pm »

getTime(theLastProposal1);
Exception in thread "getTime" yetitans.TimeTravelException: thethirteenth.timeline() doesn't match thedefender.timeline() at yeTitans.Time.main(Time.yetitans:534533458)

"This universe truly has an interesting spacetime, in how malleable the past seems to be. Nevertheless, the proposal is sound and almost makes me cackle in how many opportunities it presents for myself."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2019, 07:07:53 am »

Turn 0.5: Another Weird Dawn (part 2/3)

((OOC | Discord))

"Let it be known that the Meta Machine is a lying, untrustworthy being!"

Attracted by the lovely Mana, the First Precept bounded for the crown of Yggdrasil for a discreet rendezvous. After having delivered the twin Major Gods TBA and Overseer, the new couple were soon set upon by a mob of vengeful Titans. The Defender rushed in to protect his client Mana, who called upon the power of the elements from the world below and the suns above. (2x Titanic Intervention)

Towering Mana, stalwart Defender, and the vast First Precept turned to face the assailants who now surrounded them: The Meta Machine, Midan, the Hollow Dreamer, Ogretch, Zo'Vass, and the Forbidden Observer.

Mana struck first, surprising the Hollow Dreamer with a brilliant flare from the twin Suns. By the time the flare had died down, it appears the First Precept had escaped the terrifying battle. (Hollow Dreamer: Wounded!) Hollow Dreamer struck wildly, but still blinded by the flares, her mandibles found no purchase.

The Meta Machine calmly fed a strange egg-like object a measure of Ichor, causing it to shimmer with strange power. (The Meta Machine: Healthy?)

Midan struck Mana in the back with a recursively flaming hand, releasing massive clouds of steam on contact with Mana's shields of rushing water. However, this ferocious attack resulted in naught but a small, sizzling scratch. (Mana: Healthy?)

At this point, Ogretch' closed in and harassed Mana, distracting her from her other assailants and blocking her from fleeing.

Zo'Vass, shrouded in a foul black cloud, charged at Mana but was turned by the stalwart Defender.

The Forbidden Observer tried to inflict the Curse of the Seven Forbidden Words on Mana but was only able to reach the fourth word before a loud explosion from the elemental display interrupted the incantation. Mana was only briefly distracted by the partial curse and turned her attention to eliminating the troublesome Ogretch', landing a glancing blow and scratching up his sleeve. (Ogretch: Healthy?)

Twisted energies emerged from the Meta Machine's egg, forming into Ichor chains slicing entire appendages away from Mana's form. (Mana: Wounded)

Zo'Vass charged Mana once again, and despite the Defender's best efforts, landed a solid hit, leaving a necrotic patch on the impacted area. (Mana: Maimed)

The Forbidden Observer successfully cursed Mana and the Defender, staggering them!

Mana lashed out with a tidal wave, but Ogretch's constant harassment drove this attack away harmlessly.

The Meta Machine raised their egg once again, and it drank of the Ichor spilled by Mana and more, leaving Mana close to death. Undaunted, Midan and the Hollow Dreamer continued their assault but were held off by a series of tornadoes from Mana. (Mana: Maimed, NearDETH)

Zo'Vass swooped in deftly through the tornadoes despite the Defender's graceful strikes and bounced off of Mana, covering her in the vile, pestilential cloud. (Mana: Incapacitated, NearDETH)

The Forbidden Observer once again cursed Mana and the Defender.

The Choice

"Bold Meta Machine, Midan, Hollow Dreamer, Ogretch', Zo'Vass, Defender, and Forbidden Observer, I believe you have a choice to make regarding the fate of the Shaper Mana, who lies before you, helpless and dying. Will you spare this Titan or end her?"

"To those involved in the assault on the First Couple: This is no democracy. Take care that you restrain the less cautious among your number should you wish to spare young Mana."

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2019, 07:46:26 am »

The Undoer did not expect the support of so many, one, two, the cordial spider, yes, the enigmatic bureaucrat, yes, and the seven-word-speaker, yes, but the rumbling earth-shaker? The vermintide machinist? Such came as a significant surprise, moreso the enigmatic artifact the cunningly conniving weasel wielded than the First Conflict's participants, but still, a full seven of the twelve? Most unexpected, indeed. He examined the effects of the Instrument of Destruction He had wrought from the shadows, and if He had lips He would've bared a feral grin at the sight. This Mana, this Creator, her opalescent beauty was marred by blackest rot, and her world, so lovingly grown from a single seed, was soon to be defiled. The noxious fog which suffused the Sealed Eye seemed to fade ever-so-slightly, and those gazing caught sight of something most strange, a pulsating length, writhing and twisting, its true form was impossible to determine, but whatever it was, there was no doubt it was responsible for more than its fair share of the damage dealt.

Spoiler:  Deranged Monologue (click to show/hide)

"THE SILENCE WILL RETURN! Glorious, beautiful, SILENCE, Y-YES Y-YES Y-YEEEEEEESSS!!!"

Zo'Vass proposes that Mana be reduced to the status of a Minor Goddess and imprisoned in a pocket dimension, with a perfect view of the Second Creation.
He also proposes that Yggdrasil be converted into a Ever-burning Pillar of Fire, to light the world in the absence of the soon-to-cease twin suns.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:13:47 am by Ardent Debater »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14