Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76

Author Topic: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game  (Read 64996 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #195 on: May 20, 2020, 09:36:06 pm »

Basing it on the german pronounciation of the ü, I thought u (/u:/) would be the best supplement, but English and their 7 gazillion different pronunciations of vowels always fucks me up, haha
Yeah, I decided the closest equivalent in English is y (assuming the ü represents the close front rounded vowel), at least in Old English (which I thought of the Streamlander (or Strēmlandisc) language as being a fantasy counterpart to).

Year 136-138 (continues developing until 140)

Masonry and Stonework begins to become a development across several civilizations along the Human-Guerra trade network along with the first practical ways to manufacture large amounts of fire brick. These two developments meant that for the first time civilization looks to be longer dependent on mudbrick as a major construction material, and also that roads and large walls can be effectively made out of something other than packed earth.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:37:47 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2020, 12:34:04 am »

Year 142

Xaditz, the disgraced son of Mardock 'the betrayer' swears an oath to clear his family name and bring it back to honor after his fathers failure in the era of Vahocci's corruption. He starts an order similar to the Valkyra Host-Hero chapter houses of yore before their disintegration due to the demise of their patron Goddess. Though the marring of his familial ties make him strapped to find adequate recruitment, if any at all.

Meanwhile a group of Red Elves, now free of greater movement with the northern wilds being calmed by Hrvalda, travel south hearing of rumors of a new demonic incursion being active by a new dark God called Azerth, though they aren't certain if that's the name responsible for the warp. These Red Elves who embarked for their task stop on a small island to recuperate after long months of sea travel. They got distracted from their initial goal and eventually settle permanently on the Island.

From the adaptions due to the natural environs where they inhabited, the Red Elves eventually turned into yellow-skinned High Elves. These new breed of Elves seem not at all adept at Ki manipulation, but much greater at using sorceress magic- they become tacked on as powerful Warlocks and Mages for this fact.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:11:26 pm by Lidku »

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2020, 01:56:08 am »

OOC: I was hoping it would be year 125 or something when i woke up, but  nope, its year 142. well thats what sleep does for you. i was really hoping i wouldn't have to take a complex action for this one, also so that i could stop babysitting the Aetherials but w/e. I'll make it work

YEAR 142.2

The Aetherials were right in their choice of location.

For 20 years no one of significance has discovered the Aetherial incursion, those who did discover it never made it back and were added to the growing number of mutated wildlife of the chaos lands. Thus the corruption spewing from the Chaos rift was allowed to spread and fester unchecked.
The intensifying chaos corrupted and twisted the land, the animals and even the very air itself as it spread. If one were to enter the Chaos lands now, they'd see a red, mutated hellscape, and even an occasional flash of red lightning.

The Aetherials have not simply been sitting around either, they've been fortifying their new land. Tall, twisted spires of crystallized chaos energy, with "branches" growing off at seemingly random angles and locations now dot the landscape of the chaos lands.

For the last 20 years, the Aetherials have been content to stay in the chaos lands, merely biding their time, but who knows how long that will last or what insidious plans they're making.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2020, 08:03:30 am »

Year 143: A group of cat like humanoids have been seen living and gathering around the base of The Monolith, they seem to be worshiping it and leaving offering in small shrine like objects around its base.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2020, 08:19:28 am »

Year 143.1
More moss trolls at Vahocci’s island start growing red flowers and climbing the trees. Some moss trolls begin cutting down trees to try finding out where the others have gone, but the Climbing Trolls find another tree and climb. Since some trees are cut down, some sunlight reaches the ground, and there are clearings. The moss trolls begin using the wood to build houses to prevent them from being taken by the red flowers.

Edit: Accidentally misspelled Vahocci, rectified error
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 09:23:26 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2020, 08:33:35 am »

Year 144
The Sharkmen tribes AS Well AS the Red Pirates Made Up of Lokhunds have begun raiding the sealanes.

Donkebab has started wandering the wilds to find her true self.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2020, 09:01:29 am »

Year 145
In this year's tournament at Mount Hirudegarn, a mysterious hooded contestant seemingly breezes through all the other competitors in any match up he's in. While his Ki wasn't the strongest compared to the other fighters he matched up with, his skill and tactics in fighting alone carried him to the Finals in a curious turn of events. Namek welcomed this- challenge was always cherished as he was usually strapped for anyone that could possibly go up against him.

When Namek and the unknown contestant were finally face-to-face, the hooded man revealed himself to be none other than Xaditz, the son of Mardock. There was only one thing Xaditz wanted more than anything else- restoration of his family name. That meant beating Namek in a fair fight.. instead of treacherously like his father did so long ago.

Namek was surprised but interested. He had fought Xaditz's father before and it would be very interesting to see how good his son was at fighting. Though Namek didn't expect much as Xaditz's overall powerlevel seemed low. The boy only got this far from using his superb tactics, but soon he will discover Namek was equally if not more adept in martial strategy. Namek and Xaditz fight, starting the Final of the Tournament.

Meanwhile a damnable heresy arises from the Slugmen Duchies. It is a cult dedicated entirely to Vahocci, affirming the stance of the various Sandstone Qhans that allowing Vahocci to be made into a Saint would have disasterous consequences. This cult so enamored by how Vahocci could achieve such heights and kill a God wish to find someway to bring him back to life. As such this heresy is rightfully persecuted in the various duchies of the Slugman race and the Hrilithian Celestial Empire, as many of the cults rituals involve murderous sacrifices. Soon though the cult leaders of the heresy somehow evade all apprehension and spread the ideology around covertly to the major urban centers of the Slugmen, Human, and Hamsterfolk civilizations despite continued pursuit against the main heads of the cult.

The advent of such a heresy draws even more ire from the Sandstone Qhanganate to the Slugmen duchies and Hrilithian as even with this development- they still have Vahocci as saint.   
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:13:21 pm by Lidku »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2020, 09:37:18 am »

Year 145.1: After many decades of stalwart rule, Gras Qhangan Ghazdrubaal "Whiteshell", undisputed leader of the great slugman Qhanganate and devoted patron of Eightstone, dies in his sleep. Sucession is not in dispute, however, as the title of Gras Qhangan passes without incident to Ghazdrubaal's chosen successor, his third born son Setsenku.

Setsenku, a proficient Ki wielder and skilled spider-calvary rider is an ambitious, just-minded character whose charisma made him popular among the other sandstone nomads. His older brother, the second born Hagatai, who was disinherited 'because he was of foul and corrupted mind', schemes and bides his time while in exile.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2020, 11:23:48 am »

Year 145.2
The Archdemon Gracfall begins whispering in the ear of Hagatai to invoke his will to challenge the succession of the qhanganate.

The Sharkmen tribes begin raiding all coastal cities for their riches.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:39 am »

Year 145.3: The Foxfolk Shamans, seeking to spread the glory of the Dual Deities, have sent diplomats to the Kingdom Of Karhan, requesting a formal military and trading alliance. Roll for the diplomatic mission's success.

On the same initiative, some villages have been founded further north, away from the coast, expanding the (still very fuzzy) borders.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2020, 12:05:30 pm »

YEAR: 145.3 to 146

A great storm hits the northern part of the eastern, floating continent from the west. A great torrent of rain and harsh winds that causes a series of localized earthquakes. As a result of these earthquakes a gigantic sinkhole forms just east of this lake:

And the pouring rains quickly fill it with water, making the already big lake in question become epic in size. In the wake of the storm, the area surrounding the great lake/inland sea overgrows with lush vegetation, turning it into a rainforest.
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2020, 12:08:47 pm »

Year 147

In response to the Sharkmen’s raiding, the coastal living humans have a predictable response that is fairly consistent across most kingdoms and tribes. That is to say, they start buying larger fish-gigs and enjoy the spear fishing equivalent of a gold rush. Stories are made and songs are sung for years afterwards of the wonderfully bountiful season they had for that year.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 12:28:57 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2020, 12:27:59 pm »

Year: 147.1: Guided by the nefarious consulship of Gracfall, Hagatai assembles a motley mercenary army to challenge the new Gras Qhangan for his title! Claiming justification by birthright and by various forged documents, Hagatai meets Setsenku on the field of battle. [requesting roll for who is victor]
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2020, 04:53:58 pm »

(Btw does anyone know what a Slugman would actually look like?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:51 pm »

I think they’re sentient slugs
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 76