Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316]

Author Topic: Extinction  (Read 234574 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Extinction
« Reply #4725 on: June 01, 2024, 06:58:04 pm »

I would suggest passing time and getting out of this hellpit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: June 01, 2024, 10:33:00 pm »

Oh, very well. Retreat and wait for rescue. Maybe scoop garnets or get some of those glowing nodules to pass the time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: June 04, 2024, 01:59:17 am »

Oh, very well. Retreat and wait for rescue. Maybe scoop garnets or get some of those glowing nodules to pass the time.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: June 06, 2024, 07:41:15 am »

+1
+1
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: June 08, 2024, 11:52:02 pm »

The next day, the rescuers drop a tiny robot to you, a bit like the broken tiny digging one you found decayed earlier.  It happily greets you, indicating that it's pinpointed your location and rescue will come in only a few more days.  There are some more exchanges, but apparently its intelligent; the radio exists only to send data back and forth, instead of voice or direct orders.  It's nice to have another conversation partner.  Less nice that, despite making contact, you still can't actually talk with the people above.

There is one more attempt to mess things up.  The darkness comes back, and a quick spell destroys whatever scouting creature is the darkness or is inside the darkness.  After that it retreats to the original borders, and doesn't push on to the drop/rescue zone.

Do you try to pick up some more garnets or whatever before you go back up?  Rescue is tomorrow.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: June 09, 2024, 04:50:55 am »

Stay in place.
One wheel short of a wagon

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: June 10, 2024, 04:19:46 am »

Stay in place.
+1

I don't think we need to care but we don't actually need anything down here either.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: June 11, 2024, 01:44:42 am »

Stay in place.
+1

I don't think we need to care but we don't actually need anything down here either.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: June 13, 2024, 03:11:02 am »

The rescue comes in the form of a loop of wire.  It then lowers a heavier wire, which the tiny robot tells you to untie it.  This lowers a third wire, a heavier chain, with a number of cloth loops on it.  The three of you step over, tie yourselves into each loop, and grab onto each other.

You're slowly elevated up the loops, darkness dancing just beyond your glowlights.

It's a long way.  You can see numerous scuffs on the stone, from the great flying dragon which fell down a couple weeks ago.  With a surreal moment, you pass out of the odd darkness into.. well, normal cave, where you can see a long way down the ravine, odd reflections from surfaces in the distance.  The scuffs continue.  Perhaps the robots followed the damage from Trence falling?

There are one or two small cracks into nowhere before you need to switch elevators.  There's a platform, sunk into the wall, manned by a ranged robot, with the bottom end of another elevator in it, this time consisting of machinery sunk into the cliff, sometimes stuck in, sometimes held away from the wall.

The robot greets you, waving around a bright light built into a third arm.  The other two arms hold some sort of compact crossbow, armed with strange needles not normal bolts.  "Welcome to Point Zero!" it says.

You load up onto the next elevator, attaching to large hooks coming out of the next chain.  Below, you can see the crossbow bot staring at the wire which dragged you up.  He's still staring as you climb out of sight, chains creaking as they drag slowly across the cliffside..

To Be Continued.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: Today at 07:17:49 am »

You can see the next platform blazing away, lit up above you.  There's an actual fight going on.  You can see projectiles flying to and fro, the platform being attacked by a number of red meatball-like demons.

They must have some other exit somewhere.  Damn.  You see a few of them vaporize, blasted by some spell.  The others then run away, firing a parting shot as they go.  Some type of annoying technique, probably.

When you get up to the next level, Alice is there.  And Talent!  The horse greets you happily, just sitting there making no motion at all.  Alice is more animated, actually moving.

The final elevator is an actual booth, a big one, and you're brought back to the mining shaft you started out from, with more workers around and Uncle.  And a couple of odd robots, who conduct a debrief and ask very polite questions about what you found down there.  With particular emphasis on loot.  You get the feeling that they're going to base a request on what they want from you depending on what you own up to finding.

What do you offer the robots for your recovery/rescue?
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316]