Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Game over! Town victory  (Read 34267 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is full of RP
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2020, 11:56:13 am »

webadict: What's got you all fired up this game?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2020, 12:13:12 pm »

Been stuck at home for six months, plus I like playing mafia games.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2020, 12:14:04 pm »

Been stuck at home for six months, plus I like playing mafia games.
Oh wait, it's been eight months. Time stopped having meaning.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2020, 12:56:51 pm »

I do have my suspicion that Webadict might be scum, but the way he plays makes it so hard to tell...the thing that have been bothering me though, was this one instant where Webadict sort of broke out of character when Meph explained to me that I shouldn't post-edit my post. For that small glimmer he hissed like a cornered animal.
Oho? Seems like a bold move. I like it.

That brings up an interesting question: What would I be doing that you'd normally be looking for in scum? Perhaps rolefishing? I only posted a role I explicitly claimed I was lying about and I guess I got you to post yours? Perhaps catch me in the multiple lies I have already said were lies? Laying low? Okay, that one probably would never happen, even while my head feels like it's been hit with a hammer. Cause confusion among the Town? Debatable, but my playstyle could be argued for that. And just wait until I start chainsaw defending.

It's a tricky situation, right? It's why I want you to tell me who is most suspicious and least suspicious.

If you strike this night I will know that it was you. I'm a newb, but my newb status allows me to shape into many roles. Did I really told you the truth? Am I really the medium? Am I really targeting you? Or am I throwing a curve ball to hit my real target? Maybe I'm not lying. Maybe I told the truth. Maybe I am lying.

You ask, who I think is the most suspicious person among us? And I say, Juicebox.

You ask, who is the least suspicious person among us?
And I say,  TrikMagic.

But am I really telling you the truth? Or am I just throwing names so that I don't alert the real scum? Perhaps I'm hoping that the scum comes after me? Maybe it's part of my strategy?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2020, 12:59:01 pm »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia 26 - Day 1 is cold and fears for the future
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2020, 01:13:49 pm »

If you strike this night I will know that it was you. I'm a newb, but my newb status allows me to shape into many roles. Did I really told you the truth? Am I really the medium? Am I really targeting you? Or am I throwing a curve ball to hit my real target? Maybe I'm not lying. Maybe I told the truth. Maybe I am lying.

You ask, who I think is the most suspicious person among us? And I say, Juicebox.

You ask, who is the least suspicious person among us?
And I say,  TrikMagic.

But am I really telling you the truth? Or am I just throwing names so that I don't alert the real scum? Perhaps I'm hoping that the scum comes after me? Maybe it's part of my strategy?
Alright, let's play my own game.

You told the truth. You are a Medium. You are attempting to play off a mistake as a grand plan by mimicking me. Your presentation is certainly getting there, but you're missing incorporating elements of things that have already been said stealthily into each message. Remember that this is a painting you can spend time on before submitting, and once its finished, then it's ready for mass consumption.

I'm not sure what your new plan is, but I'll take that gamble. If you die tonight, I killed you. Everyone hear that? Scum, you too. If Luckyowl dies tonight, it was most assuredly me doing the killing and certainly not someone else. It would be silly to assume otherwise. You are a lucky owl, after all.

But, why do you believe juicebox is suspicious. I figured it would be me after what you said. I'm honestly a little disappointed. But, I want to know why you think so. And what about TricMagic struck you as townlike? Any particular actions? Things they have said? Something must've stuck out.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2020, 02:08:38 pm »

How would you know that I am telling the truth? Less, you are the detective? Might explain your way of speaking? How you always try to press me to answer your questions. Yes, might even explain why started Rping as a city boy. I find your respond interesting. Maybe my half heartily mimicking you worked? I doubt. Or no.

Yes all this could be chalk up to, "the whole point of this game is to play as a detective."  And that is correct. But how would you know that I am the Medium, and not any other special roles?  Clearing making you the detective.

So I won't talk anymore. I got what I needed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2020, 02:28:22 pm »

How would you know that I am telling the truth? Less, you are the detective? Might explain your way of speaking? How you always try to press me to answer your questions. Yes, might even explain why started Rping as a city boy. I find your respond interesting. Maybe my half heartily mimicking you worked? I doubt. Or no.

Yes all this could be chalk up to, "the whole point of this game is to play as a detective."  And that is correct. But how would you know that I am the Medium, and not any other special roles?  Clearing making you the detective.

So I won't talk anymore. I got what I needed.
The correct way to point suspicion at me would be to say that I know you're telling the truth because I am scum. It's not true, but it would be a better move than what you've just done, which is fail a gambit and then run away.

Failing a gambit isn't the issue, though. It's the running away. "I won't talk anymore" doesn't work if you haven't shown your case to anyone else. It just makes you look guilty.

Perhaps the issue might be a language barrier? I can use more familiar terms, if you want. In simpler terms, when you answer questions, the Town gets more insight into how you think, how you judge those you think are scum, how you change your mind. I ask those questions because it only helps you if you answer them honestly. When you avoid those questions, you look like you are not Town. Looking like you are not Town is not good.

4maskwolf has pointed this out as well. It is bad to avoid questions by not answering them. I would ask that you consider answering my questions instead, because if you believe that TricMagic is the least suspicious, you will realize that they think you might be suspicipus by your behavior.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2020, 02:37:34 pm »

The Medium is a Power Role that only works after someone is dead, or if they have an alt that lets them target someone who died that night. If the former, it becomes a case where the medium has to live to see night 2 and make it to day 3. That means the Medium can't be killed if you want if from the dead, ensuring the claimant would last to day 3.

Of course, this only applies if you're not so suspicious for claiming that when it should be kept secret that you get lynched. Likewise if no one believes you and lynch you Day 3, leading us into Night 3 with reduced town numbers.

If the latter however, you only need to survive the night and pick the right person, and can be excused as a new player thing that you are trying to backtrack. Bit late for that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2020, 02:39:43 pm »

The Medium is a Power Role that only works after someone is dead, or if they have an alt that lets them target someone who died that night. If the former, it becomes a case where the medium has to live to see night 2 and make it to day 3. That means the Medium can't be killed if you want info from the dead, ensuring the claimant would last to day 3.

Of course, this only applies if you're not so suspicious for claiming that when it should be kept secret that you get lynched. Likewise if no one believes you and lynch you Day 3, leading us into Night 3 with reduced town numbers.

If the latter however, you only need to survive the night and pick the right person, and can be excused as a new player thing that you are trying to backtrack. Bit late for that.

Bit of a typo.

Note that this is time to speak up rather than retreat, there is only a cliff behind you.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2020, 03:34:09 pm »

My silence is my innocence.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2020, 03:39:15 pm »

I already said what needed to be said. The guilty one is TricMagic. So quick to turn on me? I vote for TricMagic.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2020, 04:03:10 pm »

Yeah, no Luckyowl, you are in fact a owl of ill omens.

The town shopkeeper of the only general store in town sits confidently in her chair.Her soulful brown eyes twinkles and dance. Her light brown skin is soft and cold like the wind. Her long black hair rest on her shoulder. She has an alto voice that is as soft as the snow outside. She's wearing a puffer jacket and has the hood down. When she speak freezing mist escape from her thin honey lips fading into the cold air.

"You know." She smirked, "The monster has to be the one who tries to shave the blame onto others." The shopkeeper pierce a glare at Webadict with a wide sly smile and then jolted her head the other way. "But I won't be blaming anyone. I'll just wait, observe, then act. You guys can keep on squabbling and blaming each other...or.." She lowered her eyes scanning the room and glaring into the twinkling eyes of everyone here, grinning. "Or...you can help me... But I won't say anything nor will I accuse... Like I said. I will just watch and see." She leans on her chair with her arms cross smirking and overwhelmed with confidence.

I won't be engaging on D1. I have to see how the game progress before I start accusing anyone. I personally feel that it might be Webadict, but I know I am wrong and must wait awhile.

Why do you know you are wrong about that. Is it because you are in fact scum, an imposter? You give away information, speak, then turn to silence? Who advised you to speak no more? Your refusal to answer any questions so far beyond a single reveal that is anti-town draws a damning picture Luckyowl.

I think we shouldn't lynch this day and see how the night plays. I doubt there will be any killing this night as it will only backfire on the mafia. If I were the mafia that's how I would play. Skip this night then attack following night, or even two nights after.

I do have my suspicion that Webadict might be scum, but the way he plays makes it so hard to tell...the thing that have been bothering me though, was this one instant where Webadict sort of broke out of character when Meph explained to me that I shouldn't post-edit my post. For that small glimmer he hissed like a cornered animal.

This makes me believe that Webadict is scum. But could it have been a ruse? Am I reading too much? Only time will tell.

Caz might be the scum. But I won't really flat out accuse him 100% until he explain his case.

Why the change to believing me to be so scummy, even when you said I was town and webadict scum? Your posts so far do not seem to fit the picture of a town player. Rather, while Caz has posted nothing, you have simply dug not a hole but a whole quarry for your tomb.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2020, 04:23:27 pm »

Yes, I did say that and I believe that we shouldn't lynch on day 1. I just wanted to see how you would react. 

You want me to answer your damn questions? Fine. I frankly, and I said this earlier before. Do not know who is the scum I don't have any suspicion who it is, but your hostility is starting to make me suspicious of you now.

Did I made myself look like the scum? Yes. But I can assure you that I am not the scum. Everything I said was a ruse.(expect for medium one. I am the medium to be transparent with you guys.)

I find your hostility interesting. But I'm probably overthinking stuff.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2020, 04:37:11 pm »

The Medium is a Power Role that only works after someone is dead, or if they have an alt that lets them target someone who died that night. If the former, it becomes a case where the medium has to live to see night 2 and make it to day 3. That means the Medium can't be killed if you want info from the dead, ensuring the claimant would last to day 3.

Former or latter. If your power will only work Night 2, your claim is anti-town. As that means we'd have to try and keep you alive till then. And guess what a mafia will do with that time? 2 kills, followed by your 'mystical medium powers' to lead another town to their death. And then a fourth death. That's half the roster.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38