Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43

Author Topic: Amazing Cultivation Simulator  (Read 128778 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Cultivation Simulator
« Reply #270 on: December 14, 2020, 09:26:42 pm »

Yea, I often use my outers to knockdown enemy inners that try to flee on their sword, instead of bothering my inners about it.  Inners with no Qi get rekt like any others.

Also, still have plenty of deaths caused by hunting bow spam versus humanoids.
That's actually a really good idea, especially since your actual inners seem to think its more important to target flying swords instead of actually finishing off the dude with no qi stealing a 10k spirit stone item.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 14, 2020, 10:31:49 pm »

Yea, I often use my outers to knockdown enemy inners that try to flee on their sword, instead of bothering my inners about it.  Inners with no Qi get rekt like any others.

Also, still have plenty of deaths caused by hunting bow spam versus humanoids.
That's actually a really good idea, especially since your actual inners seem to think its more important to target flying swords instead of actually finishing off the dude with no qi stealing a 10k spirit stone item.

Yeah, I have found that sending an expendable Outer to attack the Qi-less while my Inner(s) continue the fight versus enemies still with Qi is a pretty good technique.  Just remember that your Outer has a pretty good chance of getting Artifact smashed, as even the Bow has relatively short range compared to artifacts.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2020, 12:11:45 am »

PTW. My Windows-box isn't here but I'm interested in trying this out someday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2020, 01:23:56 am »

Think I'm gonna make the community/story fort kind of thing for this tomorrow. Have been meaning to but I've been sick on and off xD
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2020, 05:58:50 am »

Just a bit.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2020, 01:39:15 pm »

Was reading through old ACS news posts and found the conditions for getting an ending.

12 sects
Ascend 50 characters
Xian Cultivators pass tribulation 9 times
Game time reached 2000 days
Unlock secret "First Emperor"
Hidden situations

Once these are achieved, you take the Secret Codex of Taiyi and go into the Palace of Desolation in the Mini Universe.

Edit: I got really sick s o I've had to hold for today on making the community/story sect, sorry fellas. Maybe tomorrow if I don't feel like armok is trying to burst through my frontal lobe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 10:36:00 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2020, 12:55:28 am »

I've been feeling similar lately, especially with Armok trying to burst through my frontal lobe.  Antihistamines and Tylenol and Advil help.

So, uh, my Sect Leader is a Yaochin Golden Core 5 with 19 days left before tribulation, only got 18,000 Qi after breaking through.  I didn't realize that you needed to stash Qi items in the area where you plan to breakthrough to Golden Core, or get a -5.  Any chance of surviving the transformation tribulation at that level?  She is in the Heaven Stealing, so dunno if she will be getting any boosts on the breakthroughs.  I'm trying to push to Primordial Spirit and hope that will boost her to a more survivable level.

On the game completion, am I correct that 12 sects means you have to dominate all the other sects?  Would an alliance due to being bestest buddies be ok?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2020, 01:47:46 am »

So, uh, my Sect Leader is a Yaochin Golden Core 5 with 19 days left before tribulation, only got 18,000 Qi after breaking through.  I didn't realize that you needed to stash Qi items in the area where you plan to breakthrough to Golden Core, or get a -5.  Any chance of surviving the transformation tribulation at that level?  She is in the Heaven Stealing, so dunno if she will be getting any boosts on the breakthroughs.  I'm trying to push to Primordial Spirit and hope that will boost her to a more survivable level.
As a PS it should be fairly easy to survive provided you take the right precautions.

In general you want to get stuff that will help your dude last longer or be more powerful in a battle, such as more qi, a stronger artifact, a higher protect skill, useful drugs, etc.

Of course, as it is this game the actual mechanics are far more complex and there are a ton of stuff (some easy to realize, some much harder) that you can do to help your dude survive.

If you want more advice on surviving just ask and I'll post more tips or the extensive (spoilery) tribulation guide.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2020, 02:15:57 am »

I've been feeling similar lately, especially with Armok trying to burst through my frontal lobe.  Antihistamines and Tylenol and Advil help.

On the game completion, am I correct that 12 sects means you have to dominate all the other sects?  Would an alliance due to being bestest buddies be ok?

1) Stack Max Qi, Qi Regen, and Qi Barrier stuff/skills.

2) You could pop a Qi Regen Pill and a Spirit Stone or Crystal to raise survival chances.

3) Since you got a GC, you can go back to Taiyi sect and grab the special orb from there.  Send anyone else there if you can't send your GC.  The special orb can be opened with your GC.  One of those items can be equipped to boost Qi Barrier.

4) You can supercharge Qi Regen by using the GC breakthrough rooms that you didn't set-up for your Sect Leader.  Just remember to turn off firefighting and building on your outers, unless you are fine with random losses.  You may have to manually tell em to screw off if they wander into the vicinity regardless.

5) There probably is a whole thing somewhere about artifacts attacking Tribulations, so buffing artifact Qi stuff and power probably doesn't hurt if you got everything else down.

I play an easiest settings and I don't use 2, 3 and 4. I just only today learned what spirit stones can do.  I assume you will need those if you are any higher.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2020, 03:14:59 am »

If you want to weaken the tribulation, you can set up a place with the element that suppresses the tribulation element.

You'll be attacking the tribulation with your artifact, so make sure you have a good one.

There's also a turtle shell equipable item that's supposed to boost your defenses. And you can pop a shield pill.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2020, 05:19:25 am »

How are you supposed to deal with an overflow of qi, caused by demonic possession? Or is that the game's way of saying 'Hey, you really should do something about that beast on the map already, you know?'
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2020, 05:33:04 am »

Just use the panacea miracle or spirit powder on them to cure them. It's random and there isn't any way to stop it from happening.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2020, 05:35:56 am »

How are you supposed to deal with an overflow of qi, caused by demonic possession? Or is that the game's way of saying 'Hey, you really should do something about that beast on the map already, you know?'

Panacea or Spirit Powder. Though if they have demonic posession then you have bigger problems on your hands lol.

Yea I took some Tylenol and got some rest which helped a bit, though still have a pretty bad headache. Really hoping it's not Covid cause my mom and step dad also have it and have been quarantined in their room.

On the 12 sects thing, I think it's one of 3 things

1. Max Positive/Negative Relations with all 12 Sects.

2. Subjugate/Destroy all 12 sects.

3. Have Access with all 12 sects.

Could be any or possibly all/none of these. According to some people there's different kinds of endings as well, which I guess you can kind of see in the Epilogues section on the main menu, which you can see the randomly generated endings people get (banishing people is one of the confirmed ways to get random gen endings for said banished people.)

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2020, 10:20:45 am »

I've never had that, did you let your guy cultivate with a low mental state maybe ? "Demonic" might be referring to inner demons here. You should make sure that your inner disciples are on "mind" by default and only switch them to "practice" or "train" if their mental state is high enough (above 50 should be ok but I'd wait for at least 75+).

I ignored the beast until my dog could solo it and never had any issues. But it could be random.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2020, 10:28:29 am »

Pretty sure someone else mentioned this earlier in the thread, but just to re-state it:

If you come across evil cultivators doing evil shit in a town, the option of "pretend to help them" is - if you can believe it - actually MORE evil than just helping them. Instead of just causing regular evil mayhem, your cultivator follows that up by backstabbing the evil sect and stealing their shit.

Evil points galore and hatred from the sect you just screwed over.

In related news, my evil reputation just got high enough to trigger the next achievement: 'Notorious'.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 43