Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Game Over - Agent Eats Hot Dogs While Writing Report  (Read 39775 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia 2 / Day 1: Beginning of the Death Game (12 / 12)
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2021, 10:10:13 am »

So to all, but especially the Lurkers, what do you think of this rapid fire posting style? Is it scummy, towny, or something else?
You could just make one post over the course of 10 minutes instead...

Current reads:

Most Town
ToonyMan - me
Luckyowl - this is tentative, if I'm dead before Day 2 starts then this read is void
TricMagic - don't think they're mafia fake-claiming, possibility of being third-party though
Shadowdump - active, seems genuine
Caz - similar to Shadowdump
Secretdorf - newb?
Vector - was quiet, but their posting streak looked alright
NQT - quiet, but I thought this was scummy in BYOR15 and was wrong
Toaster - quiet, but same as NQT
Juicebox - not posting
Hector - bizarre anti-town behavior until "suddenly" became enlightened, or mafia chat told them to stop fucking around
Webadict - lazy, chaotic, weird interactions with Hector
Most Scum

PPE:
I see that Hector and Webadict have made read lists as well. I'll give them a look.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2021, 10:14:47 am »

I thought I’d have more to say to NQT but I guess not, ah well.
Hey Caz, you gonna respond to my points or are you happy to have loose ends - particularly ones that make it look like you’re not paying attention to the thread - flapping in the wind?

Jeez, you're definitely not getting any trifle -.- If you mean me to reply about you voting LO meaning webadict, then yeah, I think I have LuckyOwl on the brain somehow. I should probably go back and check that though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 24, 2021, 10:21:42 am »

Tricmagic: *sigh* Well that was my point. Then how do we confirm you? By questioning of course!
So what are your reads on players at the moment?

Given I made quite a few posts, I've already given mine. It's not quite time to give a full reads list, those that have are mostly the more experienced, I suppose. So I just laid out who I thought was scummy, and the one town-read I have confidence in.
Also, asking a vig to soot me to confirm in that manner of phrasing is not very town. What in the world would you get out of confirming me a miller other than dead town? Is my play to reveal that info so confusing to one who seeks survival that you can't comprehend it?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 24, 2021, 10:24:48 am »

I thought I’d have more to say to NQT but I guess not, ah well.
Hey Caz, you gonna respond to my points or are you happy to have loose ends - particularly ones that make it look like you’re not paying attention to the thread - flapping in the wind?

Jeez, you're definitely not getting any trifle -.- If you mean me to reply about you voting LO meaning webadict, then yeah, I think I have LuckyOwl on the brain somehow. I should probably go back and check that though.

It was that and you said I was townreading webadict for doing something you did and I was voting you for it, even though you were my RVS vote, and I’ve explained the context of my townread on webadict a million billion times.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 24, 2021, 10:26:30 am »

Also, asking a vig to soot me to confirm in that manner of phrasing is not very town. What in the world would you get out of confirming me a miller other than dead town? Is my play to reveal that info so confusing to one who seeks survival that you can't comprehend it?
Honestly, you should ask an Arsonist to do that instead.

Tric and hector, who do you think we should lynch and why? Also, if you've already answered that question, my b. I'm kinda tired and I just woke up.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 24, 2021, 10:29:16 am »

Right now Toaster. Lurking and they'd give me an idea about luckyowl, are they being their usual self or scummy. Other than that, luckyowl. Juicebox hasn't given me much to read on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 24, 2021, 10:37:31 am »

I said Secretdorf earlier. They’re new though, so it could just be the panicked flailing is because they don’t know what to do to shift focus from them so they’re reaching at every straw they can see.

There’s still half the day left though, so I don’t really want to put my eggs in that basket yet.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 24, 2021, 10:41:52 am »

It was that and you said I was townreading webadict for doing something you did and I was voting you for it, even though you were my RVS vote, and I’ve explained the context of my townread on webadict a million billion times.

RVS has a lot to answer for. Tbh I just found it kinda weird how you changed your mind on web, but you probably just know the difference between town and scum web better than me, right?

and speaking of web...

Vector... lied to me? :(

What is this about exactly?

Right now Toaster. Lurking and they'd give me an idea about luckyowl, are they being their usual self or scummy. Other than that, luckyowl. Juicebox hasn't given me much to read on.

Some trivia: the mafia acronym "LAL" used to stand for 'lynch all luckyowls', though it fell out of common parlance in the 80s.

I wonder if it's still too early to say whether they (juice, toaster etc) are lurking as a strategy or just because it's the weekend and they're busy. I guess we'll see soon enough.

And yes Tric the chainposting is annoying. :)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 24, 2021, 10:49:45 am »

Hector
I wholeheartedly disagree with you that moving your vote around is weak and unfocused play (in the first 24 hours of D1 no less!). Your vote is your voice, and telling someone you think they are the most suspicious player at the moment by voting them is saying a great deal, to them and other players.
I'm sorry but you misunderstood my point. Using your vote active is good, very townsided, I make this point in every game in fact. I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

Instead of "unfocused" perhaps it would have been better if I talked about "reticent". Specifically, pulling back from making votes. I was thinking of this kind of post where Lucky almost makes a vote then immediately pulls back. Like, when a player's "resting" state is not voting, hopping on and then off quickly. There's not real pressure there, so it's weak use of a vote.

Does that make more sense? I can see how this confusion over sense arose.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 24, 2021, 11:17:23 am »

Hector:
Toaster if you’re quite so sure I was attempting to draw attention from someone, there were few people posting at the time, so who do you think I was trying to draw attention from?

No idea.  By asking you directly, I was hoping to suss it out.  I got nothing out of that line of questioning, so I'm content to drop it.

LuckyOwl:
Same, I'll vote Webadict, mainly because they have seem pretty scummy so far, but if Vector can somehow confirm Wubba dubba as town. Then I'm glad to change my vote.

PPE:

You’re a mafia badass so you can do that yourself, ya lazy bum.

Like, Luckyowl is the easy lynch today, why are you doing scum’s work for them? You were chatting about not wanting to waste the day away around my play, yet you’re quite content to waste the day away sitting on a Luckyowl wagon, while he flails around like Magikarp!

PPE: I like this wagon and I’m petty and butthurt.

webadict

Unvote

in second thought. I'll give Webadict a nice coat of blue. Mainly because, I want to see what Vector will do to confirm Wubba dubba as town. If it's not to my liking then I'm happy to vote Wubba Dubba with no remorse.

Jumping off a vote just because someone else did and you don't want to be in that third vote position?  That is a scummy move, though why you ANNOUNCED THAT YOU DID IT baffles me.  Why, pray tell, did you feel the need to advertise that you changed your vote in response to getting beat to it?

SHAD0Wdump:
NQT, Caz, Toaster: What do you think of the current situation? Hector/Luckyowl's waffling on votes? Initial bandwagon on Luckyowl? What about Toony not quite being in the limelight?

Hector's behavior I've commented on; I find it unusal, which isn't the same as scummy.  Fairly neutral read there.  Lucky's pinging my scumdar, as mentioned above.  The "RVS" wagon on him is a bit of a non-tell, since it was advertised in the pregame.  What matters is how people stay on it, and Secretdorf is the name to watch there.  Toony... no read on him yet.  I should fix that.

And since you keep going on about Hector here, I'm going to say I agree with Hector in that the interaction is low value.

Secretdorf:
Unvote
I think luckyowl is town, shad0w might also be. I'll vote someone later.

I eagerly await who that will be.

Tricmagic: He's claimed miller which I think is a fakeclaim and also after getting town reads from some players for that, he's been lurking. Only coming to join my wagon doing nothing to solve the game. How can we even believe his claim, If we can't waste a lynch on him and he isn't doing much to prove he's town, unless there's a vigilante out there?

If you think it's fake, why aren't you voting him over it?  Where's your conviction?  Because you shortly vote Juicebox.  Just how sure are you Tric's claim is fake?

NQT:
Toaster
So far Secretdorf, Luckyowl and webadict have soaked up most of the votes and airtime. What % of them are scum?

I'd say... 30%.  My scum read on Secret's fairly strong, and I have yet to be convinced either of the other two are scum.  Web's hard to read because he's good, and Lucky's hard to read because his playstyle is nothing I'm used to.

Tric:
Bit under two days left.

So to all, but especially the Lurkers, what do you think of this rapid fire posting style? Is it scummy, towny, or something else?

Yours?  It's null in the general context, and informative if it's a person breaking.  You're not breaking here so, yeah, null.

You seeking approval for it is slightly scummy.

Going to go reread Secret and verify my read, and check up on Toony and maybe other things.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 24, 2021, 11:24:08 am »

Fine. Webadict, are you serious about Luckyowl?
Absolutely. I one hundred percent believe that they are a liability, and that if I'm gonna waste a lynch on Luckyowl, it'd definitely be on them, because I do not believe that someone who will lose it for the Town should be alive later than they should be.

Everything I've posted about them is how I actually feel. It's a big picture plan, for sure, and lazy, definitely. But, I'm gonna keep pushing it solely because it should be done. Think of that what you will, but I literally don't believe in their abilities if they can't even make a solid case, especially with all the help they're getting.

Vector... lied to me? :(

What is this about exactly?
Vector told me they were Town. An awful, awful lie. I can't believe they would stoop so low.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 24, 2021, 11:43:08 am »

Secretdorf:
There is nothing wrong with lynching LuckyOwl but Sudden D1 end is not good for town(though there are more than 1 investigative role in this game so night game might fill D1).

I don't think you ever explained this comment.

Caz:
Now we just have to wait for people to CC you and then the game is in the bag.

Speaking of things I missed, how does one counterclaim miller?

ToonyMan:  So... just how serious was your LuckyOwl vote?  Because you seemed awfully content to sit on it most of the day until you moved it to Web for... going after LuckyOwl?  Something's off here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 24, 2021, 11:49:00 am »

Secretdorf:

You're supposed to read all the posts. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 24, 2021, 11:54:45 am »

Secretdorf:

You're supposed to read all the posts. :P

Damn it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 24, 2021, 11:56:42 am »

Also I think I'm confusing the term 'open setup' as well. I mean the setups that have fixed roles, so for example you only get one cop (which almost always leads to a scum!cop claim and crossing etc) but uh.. it was joke.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 57