Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20599 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2021, 10:16:35 am »

pfp

You're not crazy (well, not for this). I have a very detailed backstory which has highly motivated me.

Wuba, Tric, you don't find anything strange about Secret not knowing who we are and the enemy we face?

Tric, I've got another question to ask about something you said but I want to see what Fallacy says first.
I dunno, maybe. I looked at my role and it said I was a Terminator or something in green, but I definitely didn't read anything other than Ecoterrorists bad or something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2021, 10:19:14 am »

Since the game started I'm going to PM Skynet what I think the setup is while it's still early.

Good luck everyone!

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 10:22:46 am »

Secret, I'm only pushing hard because it seems like a genuine scum slip.

But look, if it was a genuine misunderstanding then I obviously don't want to eliminate you for it. So let's walk through this. You see in the flavour that there are seducers and that the aim is to kill Sarah Connor, but you can't kill or seduce so you initially assume another faction must be able to? Have I got that right?

Paraphrase your wincon for us.
Hehe.. caught you, Sarah Connor supporter, you'll give them info to fakeclaim. You might be Sarah connor themself, who knows. If you still want it and will claim responsibility, for it, then I can do it.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 11:31:49 am »

I just woke up and barely skimmed my role PM (Flavortown!). More effort when I pull myself together tonight.

If inspected, I will falsely return a result of human. Getting that out of the way in advance.

What, did they put enough human!skin on your exoskeleton that no one can tell the difference?

Caz: There's a good chance that we'll be dealing with some... seriously nonstandard mechanics. Obviously scum hunting is still really important, but what's the likelihood that we'll get distracted and bogged down by mechanics garbagio?

What do you mean by seriously nonstandard mechanics It seems pretty standard to me so far - find Sarah Connor, kill Sarah Connor, kill any other Resistance along the way. It's just a lot of flavour. And roleflips that don't flip. If that's what you're talking about, eh. It's annoying that we can't trust flips, but it just means we can't confirm anyone. We can still gather and use information that we aren't sure the source of. It's just... not guaranteed to be right. But false information can be useful too in finding out the reason behind the falseness.

Anyone who understands: Is Sarah Connor our only enemy? Or are the terminators and 'seducers' supposed to kill us too? What is difference between machine and human? Are there two scumteams in this game who are enemies of each other? How does Sarah Connor win?

Hi Sarah Connor. Secretdorf

I can think of exactly one reason why this would be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll decode that when you tell me why and we can see if it matches, huh?

Pretty sure that codes are banned.

Oh right! I realize that I am a 'terminator'. But then why don't I have a kill as terminators are supposed to kill sarah coonor while 'seducers' are supposed to ?seduce? them.

I'm assuming if we all had a kill the game would be over very quickly.

Pfp

Caz, Superdorf, are you both terminators or what? Secret was taking about seducers and terminators as if he was on a separate team...

I am but a humble bartender. Beep beep beep. Anyone know Sarah Connor's favourite cocktail?

LuckyOwl: If you were Sarah Connor, how would you maintain incognito? Would you try to locate allies?

TricMagic: If you have an investigation and you found a human, would you reveal this information immediately?

webadict: What's your opinion on robit/human love? Is it meant to be?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2021, 11:38:41 am »

Ohh dear, we're moving...
...I'm not gonna bother reading my role PM 'til after I've posted this.

democratic murder
this dorf approves

If inspected, I will falsely return a result of human. Getting that out of the way in advance.
You have no questions for me, and I am sad :'(

Vector is scum.
How come?

OK, fair warning, I've never watched Terminator. From what I gather it's about robots in disguise sent back into the past to stop the humans?
I also have never watched Terminator

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...huh. Running that through a Caesar solver gets me nothing... props to the mod, I guess. Whatcha looking for here?

Bleh. That was unproductive.

webadict: Why am I voting you right now?
Secretdorf: Why am I not voting you right now?
TricMagic: If I recall, you were town in that last game with the miller-claim. You think Fallacy isn't, because...?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2021, 11:51:26 am »

Because there is a chance there are town-aligned humans. Given Ecoterrorism. Claiming a Human result to avoid scrutiny is a neat trick, but as always it simply implies the only way to know is to lynch them. Likewise the case if there are those against us here.

To revealing a human result the only thing that matters is Skynet-aligned or Conner-aligned. Being human is not an instant negative result.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2021, 12:08:00 pm »

Having read my role PM, I can say a couple more things!

Caz, Superdorf, are you both terminators or what? Secret was taking about seducers and terminators as if he was on a separate team...
Glory to the machines, ayup. I dunno what my secretive counterpart's deal is.

am I crazy?
Nope, the flavor-PMs are huge for this game. Paragraph upon paragraph about the loving self-sacrifice of Skynet, and so on and so forth.

Because there is a chance there are town-aligned humans. Given Ecoterrorism. Claiming a Human result to avoid scrutiny is a neat trick, but as always it simply implies the only way to know is to lynch them. Likewise the case if there are those against us here.

To revealing a human result the only thing that matters is Skynet-aligned or Conner-aligned. Being human is not an instant negative result.
Would you say miller claims should be policy-lynched, as a general principle?

klonk
Sigtext

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2021, 12:21:59 pm »

Anyone else who shows human on inspect?
And...
What is everyone doing here? I mean in this -what's it a,- a club? Like Caz is a barmaid. And I'm a businessman whose business is now ruined because of Sarah Connor.

And another idea, before we put a person at L-1, we should ask them to state their wincon. Then we might get a hint on their alignment.
And FallacyofUrist, because I agree with Tricmagic that how is being human scummy as seducers(is there any other name for them?) are also humans, I mean they are most probably.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2021, 12:27:33 pm »

webadict: Why am I voting you right now?
I dunno. If I had to explore my own subconscious, it'd be that you, like everyone else, don't trust anything I say ever. Perhaps it's so that I can use my own tactics against me? Perhaps I am always a threat? I can't say for sure, honestly. All I really know is that I finally woke up. Kinda. I definitely stayed up too late last Night. Wasn't really expecting the game to start.

Having read my role PM, I can say a couple more things!

Glory to the machines, ayup. I dunno what my secretive counterpart's deal is.

am I crazy?
Nope, the flavor-PMs are huge for this game. Paragraph upon paragraph about the loving self-sacrifice of Skynet, and so on and so forth.

Would you say miller claims should be policy-lynched, as a general principle?
I don't know anything about Terminator lore, so maybe. Actually... I think I was on a ride once at Universal Studios and they did some kind of play in front of me... And it was also a rollercoaster? Or a virtual one? I don't remember. It was like 15 or 20 years ago.

Anyway, Millers are more likely Town than not. Like I said last game, the only person who has ever faked a Miller claim is me.

And...
What is everyone doing here? I mean in this -what's it a,- a club? Like Caz is a barmaid. And I'm a businessman whose business is now ruined because of Sarah Connor.

And another idea, before we put a person at L-1, we should ask them to state their wincon. Then we might get a hint on their alignment.
And FallacyofUrist, because I agree with Tricmagic that how is being human scummy as seducers(is there any other name for them?) are also humans, I mean they are most probably.
Do I have to read the flavor to understand this? I'll be honest and say I skimmed my first paragraph and then jumped to the bottom. Call me lazy, but I was really tired this morning.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2021, 12:28:04 pm »

Oh, and Vector because I am petty.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2021, 12:39:15 pm »

The issue becomes that they said they inspect as human. Not as Mafia, but human. As if this is some big deal, it doesn't say anything about alignment.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2021, 12:46:00 pm »

Do you show human on inspect?

I dunno. If I had to explore my own subconscious, it'd be that you, like everyone else, don't trust anything I say ever. Perhaps it's so that I can use my own tactics against me? Perhaps I am always a threat? I can't say for sure, honestly. All I really know is that I finally woke up. Kinda. I definitely stayed up too late last Night. Wasn't really expecting the game to start.

Good morning!
(good afternoon?)

I mostly just wanted to see what you'd do. Things are kind of RVS-y still, so I thought I'd poke someone big and scary and see what happens... get the ball rolling, y'know?

What's your take on Secretdorf and Tricmagic right now?

klonk
Sigtext

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2021, 12:50:08 pm »

Vector is scum.
How come?
Because we're supposed to find Sarah Connor not scum.
Secretdorf: Why am I not voting you right now?
Because I'm obvtown or you wanted to vote Webadict first?

The issue becomes that they said they inspect as human. Not as Mafia, but human. As if this is some big deal, it doesn't say anything about alignment.
Yes, I agree as if they are Sarah Connor and the PM said that they inspect as human, it would have been a good thing for them to claim that they show as human. However, there might be more to it, so I'm waiting for you to say something, FallacyofUrist.

PPE:-
Do you show human on inspect?
No, I show as machine.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2021, 01:03:27 pm »

This is where you lose me, Tric. Even if inspecting as human isn't an outright condemnation, it's certainly suspicious enough to warrant mention.

We're looking here, essentially, at a miller claim. I ask again: do you think miller claims deserve the policy lynch? Why or why not?

Vector is scum.
How come?
Because we're supposed to find Sarah Connor not scum.

I-- what? That's not an answer.
...assume for me, that "scum" is the term we're using for Sarah Connor and any associates she may have. Why does Vector fall under that category?

Because I'm obvtown or you wanted to vote Webadict first?

Yeahh, you're not obvtown. I wanted my wuba-vote.

klonk
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2021, 01:09:16 pm »

I'm about to make dinner but just a quick note on the cypher: while codes aren't against the specific rules in this game, it might be considered against the spirit of the rules, which is perhaps a bigger accusation. I didn't intend to use out-of-game cryptography to break the game premise, I was just advanced breadcrumbing a bit of info to later compare with Fallacy. For that purpose I made it deliberately a serious of simple cyphers. While I thought the idea was nifty, it was potentially horrid and tribal. So anyway, ignore that code, I've crumbed the info elsewhere and will reveal all when Fallacy posts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26