Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20615 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 1 begins]
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2021, 03:30:28 pm »

Fun that you are voting me. Wht do you expect me to say, and why do you think a Human Inspect Result is the same as a Mafia Inspect Result? I can't really say policy lynch the Miller even though that is a good idea, yet the two games I was in as Miller I lived to the end. A Miller Claim is simply grounds to not inspect you, since mafia is what will turn up. Claiming an inspect will reveal you are human is another kettle of bolts entirely, as it doesn't say if you are town aligned or mafia aligned.

Right, sure-- only, we're evil robots tasked with killing all the humans. You said so yourself, remember?

Lynch all Humans I say, FallacyofUrist.

We should lynch Fallacy, 'cos he claimed fake-human and being human is a big deal. We should lynch Fallacy, 'cos he claimed fake-human and being human isn't a big deal. Which is it, and why the self-contradiction?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2021, 03:34:26 pm »

I have another question: does anyone have any vague sense of what Sarah Connor's wincon would be? Are we guessing a cult with a survivor head?
I'll be honest and say that I don't think it matters what Sarah Connor's win con is, because we'll probably learn it sooner rather than later. If Sarah Connor is some type of killer, someone is going to die tonight.

I would like to take this time to say I am wary of FallacyofUrist. Perhaps you can call me a hypocrite for not protecting a Millerclaim, but they're one of the few people I think would make them. I dunno, call it a gut feeling.

Oh, and I'll unvote for now.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2021, 03:41:39 pm »

(also I'm appalled at how many of you aren't familiar with the Terminator movies. c'mon guys.)

I make no apologies

Quote from: Unofficial votecount
Caz: Secretdorf (1)
FallacyofUrist: Vector (1)
Luckyowl: ---
notquitethere: ---
Secretdorf: NQT, FoU (2)
Superdorf: Caz, TricMagic (2)
TricMagic: Superdorf (1)
Vector: ---
webadict: ---

hopefully I got this right

klonk
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2021, 03:46:44 pm »

When the snipers stopped shooting, only nine survivors remaining. And every one of them have pointed plasma guns at each other across the bloodied tables and the fresh corpses. Using the snipers may have dispersed the crowds, but it also revealed too much information.

Examine corpses
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2021, 03:58:05 pm »

Right, sure-- only, we're evil robots tasked with killing all the humans.

Is that your wincon?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2021, 04:01:25 pm »

Imo, the only thing we can deduce from a 'human' result is the possibility of them being Sarah Connor.

(inb4 end of game comes and 'Sarah Connor' was a machine all along)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2021, 04:11:55 pm »

I have another question: does anyone have any vague sense of what Sarah Connor's wincon would be? Are we guessing a cult with a survivor head?

It's a scum team that loses when Sarah Connor dies, I'm assuming. So cult leader without the conversion. Though there may be a converter in the game (the whole 'seducing Sarah Connor' thing, who knows if seducing works on non-Sarah Connors.)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2021, 04:33:13 pm »

Is that your wincon?

...huh.
No, I suppose "kill/'seduce' Sarah Connor" only refers to the one human. Weird.

The point stands: this flavor-setting being what it is, it's unlikely that there'll be any humans on our side. Beyond that, I still want Tric to address his conflicting rationales.

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2021, 04:56:59 pm »

Why do you think there is a conflicting rational? As stated, it only applies to one human, not all humans. So why claim the inspection result will return a human verdict. That's not a case of town or mafia, so it's claim that inspects that search for humans will return that. But then why would there be such roles if not all humans are part of Conner's group? Hence me beliving Fallacy is performing the trick web mentioned, of hiding the truth through such a bold claim.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2021, 05:05:53 pm »

Honestly such a defense makes me suspicious of you. Why defend Fal with such vigor you even ignore the votes on you? Why am I inherently scummy in your eyes?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2021, 05:42:57 pm »

I'm honestly assuming that machine and human directly equate to town and mafia. Human is colored red (in my miller ability) in my role, and machine is colored green.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2021, 05:49:44 pm »

I'm honestly assuming that machine and human directly equate to town and mafia. Human is colored red (in my miller ability) in my role, and machine is colored green.
What is written there? I mean can you paraphrase that line with inspects?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2021, 06:10:10 pm »

But Fou, for realzies, why are you bothering to vote anyone who you don't think is Sarah Connor
Look, of course voting Sarah Connor is the most important thing. But in a setup with nine players, there's no possible way that there's only one player working against us. Secondary hostile factions removed is much better than lynching a townie.

I haven't seen evidence of who's Sarah Connor yet, but I have seen evidence that Secretdorf is hiding things.

And townies shouldn't be hiding things. (Under most circumstances)
When did I hide something? And we're supposed to kill Sarah connor, FallacyofUrist? Secondary team is seducers who are supposed to seduce Sarah Connor and we win if they do that. They are hostile to you because you are Sarah Connor! Or unless you know something which I don't.
I'm guessing a Serial killer.

(also I'm appalled at how many of you aren't familiar with the Terminator movies. c'mon guys.)
I remember watching it when I was a small kid. Don't remember much now.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2021, 06:15:43 pm »

(Also how to change username, anyone knows?)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2021, 06:19:26 pm »

Secondary team is seducers who are supposed to seduce Sarah Connor and we win if they do that.
This is news to me. Why so certain about this?

And we're supposed to kill Sarah connor, FallacyofUrist?
Yes, we're supposed to kill Sarah Connor. I'd absolutely vote someone else if I had evidence they were Sarah Connor. But that doesn't mean other votes aren't worthwhile - removing a player hostile to town is always good, as is pressuring people.

When did I hide something?
Shady posts:

Anyone who understands: Is Sarah Connor our only enemy? Or are the terminators and 'seducers' supposed to kill us too? What is difference between machine and human? Are there two scumteams in this game who are enemies of each other? How does Sarah Connor win?
Caz: What resistance do you expect while finding and killing Sarah Connor?
Reeks of trying to communicate something. Kinda... bluntly.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26