Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20613 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 2]
« Reply #180 on: February 08, 2021, 10:06:22 pm »

I'm about to go to bed, but we can probably clear up some things while I'm sleeping.

Secret, do you have the same wincon as Caz claimed or not?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 08, 2021, 10:21:37 pm »

I've been thinking about the stuff we found on Caz's corpse, and an idea occurs to me...

Retrieve Ron Labane's radio, and set it somewhere in plain sight of everyone.

This radio allowed "Ron" to communicate with the snipers outside, yes? What are the odds his 1-shot vigilante kill involved calling in a sniper strike on somebody? What if one of us could fake his voice?

If I'm right about this, we essentially have an extra communal kill here. If enough of us decide we want somebody dead (maybe we use green for an impromptu kill-vote?), one of us can attempt the call.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2021, 10:31:00 pm »

I think its between FallacyofUrist, Vector and Webadict.

And I think everyone should claim if they've anything. I got nothing of the night. Especially, web and vector:
Claim.

NQT: Can I do anything to prove that I'm terminator-aligned? That was just me being dumb, reading whole flavor and thinking I was just a robot.

I don't think FallacyofUrist would claim all these things if he was Sarah. But I am still gotta be cautious about him.
I have no information to claim. Or are you asking me to claim my role? Did you miss that?

You are probably wrong on all three of those. On the contrary, it's very likely Superdorf, TricMagic, or you.

I know for a fact it's not me, and I'm still gonna defend Vector, and I don't really see FallacyofUrist as being Sarah, but... I dunno. Doesn't call to me. And the bandwagon forming on FoU is kinda surprising to me because I'm usually all for bandwagons. Am I missing something?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2021, 11:45:19 pm »

Webadict and I can mutually confirm that we aren't Sarah Connor or affiliated with her in any way.

Not via mod-confirmation, but just like ... you should PoE us.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2021, 11:47:36 pm »

Webadict and I can mutually confirm that we aren't Sarah Connor or affiliated with her in any way.

Not via mod-confirmation, but just like ... you should PoE us.
This person gets it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2021, 11:48:42 pm »

Also: I'm dead certain that something is off about Fallacy's play and that they're lying about part of their claim. I don't think they're Sarah Connor herself, but no one is going to convince me that Fallacy isn't just Terminator-aligned.

... Still, unvote. We had a hammer at 4 votes yesterday and should be careful.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2021, 11:49:33 pm »

Ugh, is just Terminator-aligned.

I also don't necessarily believe LO's flip.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2021, 11:55:49 pm »

Point one: Vector and Tric seem to be voting together.

Day 2:
Still more likely to think it's you FallacyofUrist. What did you do last night?
OK, FallacyofUrist is some kind of something. This kind of commenting on "I did a good job with not participating in the democratic murdering yesterday" is a hard scumtell, like commenting on the nightkill. Claim.

Day 1:
I am more than willing to end the day. Luckyowl. As is we have a decent amount of info for day 2. Barring Vector, but another 36 hours won't change that.
. . . Ok. LuckyOwl is scum, and not the fun kind. I've played enough games with town Lucky to be convinced that this ain't it.

Down ya go.

(Note Tric pushing to end the Day early)

Lynch all Humans I say, FallacyofUrist. Bold move trying to copy me.
FallacyofUrist is scum.

The coordination is... blunt.

Point two: post content analysis.

TricMagic has made a total of 24 posts over the course of the game.

... now that I read back over his posts, I notice he never gave a reason for voting Luckyowl at all. Posts with serious scum hunting in them? Also 0. The most he seems to have done is tunnel into me over my human-miller claim.

I can expect some weirdness from Tric, but let's look at Vector too.

Vector's made a total of 21 posts over the course of the game.

I also cannot see any posts with serious scum hunting, though you're free to quote counterexamples if you missed any.

Overall, they just... seem focused on the wrong things. That's what I'm trying to get at. Focusing on flavor and environment inspection to the exclusion of scumhunting. Focusing on millerism to the exclusion of scumhunting.

Vote me if you want, but at least make a case about it rather than this half-focused poking, Vector. Reconsidering, I no longer think your flavor claim makes you townier.

(Vector seems more passive than Tric, which I'm attributing to being the Sarah Connor and not the minion)

Better provide some reasoning there. Not squirreling out of the fact that it looks like you and Tric hard bandwagoned a townie without any proof.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2021, 12:22:27 am »

9_9

I'd like you to notice that in 2/3 of your cases, I voted first and then Tric. Shuffling around the timestamps doesn't make that less true. You can also notice that I had a midterm this morning, so comparing my activity (with midterm) to Tric's activity (presumably no midterm) doesn't make sense.

Here is a short history of why I think you are scum:

- Lousy questions with no vote in first post of game.
- Claiming miller right after running a game where we had a fuckton of talking about "anyone who plays miller is town!!" (in conjunction with the other stuff)
- Comment on "whoo, I'm so glad that I didn't vote to mis-democratically murder the townie!"
- I could comment on your shitty-ass case some more where you manipulated the order of posts, but nah. "The RVS is coordinated!!!!!!" ? You are working hard to cover your butt here, kid.

roleflips are not guaranteed to be accurate

[...]

seriously nonstandard mechanics.

Here's you in your first post. Yeah, I'm gonna mess around with flavor. If we can solve the game through flavor, then we might as well do it. A bastard mod means that there's a puzzle and we need to figure out that puzzle.

Better provide some reasoning there. Not squirreling out of the fact that it looks like you and Tric hard bandwagoned a townie without any proof.

I don't believe that LO was actually town. I have played a ton of games with LO. LO was bonafide lurking (on the forum and barely a couple of posts). LO had a weird slip where they seemed to have extra info about the scumteam and claimed it was 3P. What gives?

We also KNOW THAT THERE ARE MISFLIPS.

Also, this caught my eye:

both Secret and noted 3rd-party Caz apparently want to get rid of more than Sarah Connor

NQT, if you think Secret is 3rd-party rather than Sarah Connor-aligned, why are you voting for them?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2021, 12:25:06 am »

I agree with Fallacy on this one. I think flavorhunting is the wrong way to go about this, especially given the OP.

The game has a lot of flavor, so flavor claims may help give you some clues as to how the setup works.

It only has hints as to how the setup works, it doesn't give us any insight into hunting.

Do you actually think it's Vector, FoU? Because I'm pretty sure it's not.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2021, 12:26:34 am »

59 6f 75 72 20 6d 6f 74 68 65 72 20 61 6e 64 20 49 20 6c 6f 76 65 20 79 6f 75 2c 20 4d 61 6d 6f 62 6f 2e

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 1 - TricMagic*,
notquitehere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 0 -
Superdorf - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 5 - Vector*, webadict, Secretdorf, Superdorf, notquitehere,

4 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2021, 12:30:28 am »

Who do you think is on Sarah Connor's team?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2021, 12:43:22 am »

Er, webadict... looks like you've got notquitethere listed as "notquitehere" in the Mamobo count? It's not registering his vote on Secretdorf.

Speaking of Secretdorf, I've got a couple words for him... his last post isn't sitting well with me.

And I think everyone should claim if they've anything. I got nothing of the night. Especially, web and vector:
Claim.

Particularly, this. How come you've been so bent on teasing out roleclaims from people? You're not going to get sloppy fake-claims and suchlike, those are pre-made by the mod for this game--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--which means for the most part, all you're doing is painting potential targets for the scumteam. Which makes me wonder if that's what you're trying to do.

NQT: Can I do anything to prove that I'm terminator-aligned?

Awfully eager to please, no? Biggest thing you can do to show your towniness right now (assuming you've any to show) is to engage with the game, regularly and with force-- if you're not doing that already, something's wrong.

I think its between FallacyofUrist, Vector and Webadict.

Care to elaborate?

PPE
Who do you think is on Sarah Connor's team?
I'm torn between Secretdorf and TricMagic at the moment. Yesterday's miller mess is still on my mind.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2021, 12:54:14 am »

That probably explains why they're not showing up on the vote count... Ugh, my head hurts a lot.

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2021, 12:55:31 am »

Mamobo can defend Mamobo!

Vote Count
------------------------
FallacyofUrist - 1 - TricMagic*,
notquitethere - 0 -
Secretdorf - 1 - notquitethere*,
Superdorf - 0 -
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 1 - FallacyofUrist*,
webadict - 0 -
No Lynch - 0 -

Not Voting - 4 - Vector*, webadict, Secretdorf, Superdorf,

4 to Hammer.
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26