Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Skynet's Seduction [Resistance Victory]  (Read 20544 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Skynet's Seduction [Day 2]
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2021, 12:57:25 am »

If it makes you feel any better, the OP also reads "notquitehere" ;)

Players:
  • LuckyOwl
  • Vector
  • webadict
  • Caz
  • Secretdorf
  • TricMagic
  • Superdorf
  • FallacyofUrist
  • notquitehere
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2021, 12:59:11 am »

I know, I copypasted it into Mamobo, so that's why it was there.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2021, 01:13:07 am »

[1] I'd like you to notice that in 2/3 of your cases, I voted first and then Tric. Shuffling around the timestamps doesn't make that less true. [2] You can also notice that I had a midterm this morning, so comparing my activity (with midterm) to Tric's activity (presumably no midterm) doesn't make sense.

Here is a short history of why I think you are scum:

[3] - Lousy questions with no vote in first post of game.
[4] - Claiming miller right after running a game where we had a fuckton of talking about "anyone who plays miller is town!!" (in conjunction with the other stuff)
[5] - Comment on "whoo, I'm so glad that I didn't vote to mis-democratically murder the townie!"
[6] - I could comment on your shitty-ass case some more where you manipulated the order of posts, but nah. "The RVS is coordinated!!!!!!" ? You are working hard to cover your butt here, kid.

Here's you in your first post. [7] Yeah, I'm gonna mess around with flavor. If we can solve the game through flavor, then we might as well do it. [8] A bastard mod means that there's a puzzle and we need to figure out that puzzle.

[9] I don't believe that LO was actually town. I have played a ton of games with LO. LO was bonafide lurking (on the forum and barely a couple of posts). [10] LO had a weird slip where they seemed to have extra info about the scumteam and claimed it was 3P. What gives?

We also KNOW THAT THERE ARE MISFLIPS.

Your response feels pretty weak to me.

[1]: The shuffling was more of an aesthetic thing than anything else.

[2]: If anything, it's a point in your favor, that you were nearly as active as Tric even with the midterm going on. I'm listing the post count as a way to segue into the content of your posts, which is much more damning.

[3]: You'll need to explain why my questions were bad. I was waiting for someone to actually act scummy to vote.

[4]: Would I claim miller as mafia? I'd absolutely be willing to do that sort of crazy gambit. But it'd be risky.

[5]: So? Luckyowl didn't read as off to me. You're the one who went with Tric and bandwagoned him. Who was the third person to vote Lucky again?

[6]: You're just insulting my work without actually proving why it's bad.

[7]: Messing around with flavor is fine. I recognize its value. But you were doing it to the exclusion of actual scumhunting.

[8]: But this isn't a bastard mod. If it were, it would be listed in the first post. It's just a 'crazy closed setup'.

[9]: This doesn't seem like actual... evidence of scumminess? Just of inactivity, which could mean any number of things. Appealing to meta isn't valid if you don't provide proof that's what the meta suggests.

[10]: That weird slip may be the only valid point about Lucky you have, but I'm not so sure. Same thing. Prove it. What about it makes you think he's scummy? What about this setup makes you think scum will flip town in particular? Who was he if not Sarah Connor? Who was he acting together with, in the day? Because if he was scum but the game hasn't ended, then there was someone who was partners or otherwise with him, right?

From what I've seen, you're a lot more proactive than this as town. We do know that there can be misflips, but you've given me no reason or logic to point towards there being one in this case.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2021, 01:16:00 am »

9_9

I'd like you to notice that in 2/3 of your cases, I voted first and then Tric. Shuffling around the timestamps doesn't make that less true. You can also notice that I had a midterm this morning, so comparing my activity (with midterm) to Tric's activity (presumably no midterm) doesn't make sense.

Here is a short history of why I think you are scum:

- Lousy questions with no vote in first post of game.
- Claiming miller right after running a game where we had a fuckton of talking about "anyone who plays miller is town!!" (in conjunction with the other stuff)
- Comment on "whoo, I'm so glad that I didn't vote to mis-democratically murder the townie!"
- I could comment on your shitty-ass case some more where you manipulated the order of posts, but nah. "The RVS is coordinated!!!!!!" ? You are working hard to cover your butt here, kid.
I'm gonna stop you there, cuz. Tying you to TricMagic = dumb. That's dumb. Tying people together at all is dumb, unless you're tying people to Caz or Luckyowl, because those two are dead, and one of them is... Uh... Anti-Town? I think. I'll be honest and say I'm not paying the most attention here, and I'm also up at midnight typing this out instead of sleeping, but I feel like we should be playing a Mafia game first and a flavorgame second.

First, I'm not willing to bet that FoU would claim miller as scum. I know I said Yesterday that they'd be one of the few where I'd be suspicious, but I'm changing my mind now. Too much vision in a 9P. Too easy of a lynch reason.
Second, I had much worse questions this game, AKA none, and I'm not getting any amount of shit for it. I'm literally on no one's radar, and it makes me just a little sad. Well, I dunno, I'm on Secretdorf's but they don't count because they're always suspicious of me. Regardless, not buying it.
Third... Okay, point on the third point, that's usually a scummy move. But, it's too easy. The whole case is too easy. I'm not gonna say you can do better than that, but I'm just not convinced to go after FoU by it because I don't think they're scum.

I'm not voting FoU because I don't suspect them, and I'm really against you voting them here for the same reason. I really do believe Sarah Connor is one of the other three I mentioned, and that playing the flavorgame will leave a bad taste in our mouths. Hm... Yeah, I'll exclude NQT for now. They seem pretty Townie to me right now, and I'm gonna get fucked over for thinking that like last game, but that's a me-problem, not a them problem.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2021, 01:25:09 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[1] - How dare you.

[2-10] - Yeah, okay.

Look, I think you two are Townfighting and it's stupid. I agree that Vector is stuck in Flavortown, and I think the right move is getting them out of that headspace, so I'm gonna metaphorically stand between you two and hold you guys back because there are people latching onto y'alls arguments and using them against both of you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 09, 2021, 03:59:04 am »

I can't sleep, so I'm going to do something really stupid.

I think this game is set up as 3 by 3 and there are no machine-aligned characters in the game.

There is a Sarah Connor (resistance) team, possibly Sarah Connor and the Sarah Connors. I think that these fake-flip as machine-aligned.
There is an ecofascist team that wants everyone on the Sarah Connor team specifically dead and not seduced.
There is a hybrid team, that wants Sarah Connor and ONLY The Sarah Connor seduced and not dead.

You see, this is a bastard mod. And to me, this is what makes sense.

I'm on the hybrid team. I want Sarah Connor Seduced and Not Dead. The only further information I'll pass out about my goal is that seduction is not an alignment-changing action.

As a further gesture of good faith, I'm gonna hand you Webadict: Webadict reached out to me a bit ago with a "special deal for Sarah Connor" and said that good old Wubz wants Sarah Connor Dead or Alive and Not Seduced.

I suspect that Webadict, Fallacy, and Caz were all on the same team.

I have some suspicion about my other team members, but naturally I don't intend to expose them. If I'm right, you guys can go ahead and PM me.

I'm coming forth with this information because to the best of my knowledge, everyone on my team is alive and everyone on the other two teams is down 1P. So we can outvote you.

So here's what we're going to do: we're going to find Sarah Connor and we're going to seduce her.

Oh, and Webadict. Sorry, buddy. It was fun while it lasted.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 09, 2021, 04:04:13 am »

enjoy your popcorn, deadchat
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 09, 2021, 04:42:17 am »

See, this is what I wanted you to claim. However, Vector, you're wrong because I'm not on any team. I'm a VANILLA TOWNIE, and I win when Sarah Connor is seduced or killed. And I started with 0 information, thus, my confusion. Perhaps, both teams can claim, and we can reach a stalemate of some kind. Then, it would be easy to find SC.

Oh, and any other person who's a vanilla townie like me?

And, Vector, are people on teams confirmed non-SC?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 09, 2021, 05:01:31 am »

If there are 3 players each on both teams, then that means there are 2 vanilla townies and 1 SC, unless Sarah Connor is on one of the teams.

Webadict: Was Caz your team mate, and do you flip as eco party?

Vector: What do you flip as?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 09, 2021, 07:06:24 am »

Skynet: Is this a bastard game or a 'crazy closed setup'?
Are role PMs guaranteed to be accurate?
Can you tell us if one of eco party or seducers can also be Sarah connor?

Skynet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 09, 2021, 07:15:15 am »

I've been thinking about the stuff we found on Caz's corpse, and an idea occurs to me...

Retrieve Ron Labane's radio, and set it somewhere in plain sight of everyone.

This radio allowed "Ron" to communicate with the snipers outside, yes? What are the odds his 1-shot vigilante kill involved calling in a sniper strike on somebody? What if one of us could fake his voice?

If I'm right about this, we essentially have an extra communal kill here. If enough of us decide we want somebody dead (maybe we use green for an impromptu kill-vote?), one of us can attempt the call.

The radio is indeed undamaged, allowing for some communication with the Eco Party snipers. However, the radio was also turned on, allowing the Eco Party snipers to overhear the discussion within the Tech Noir and monitor the status of Caz. While they do not appear to realize that Caz is dead, they're certain that something bad has happened to him and will refuse to fire into the club until they can confirm Caz is still alive. It won't be via voice either - the snipers have to make it physically to the club and see him "in the flesh".

The 1-shot vigilante kill will be wasted.

(OOC: While I like the idea of recovering the vigilante kill, I haven't really designed the game balance for flavor actions leading to mechanical results. Actually, I haven't really designed the game balance for flavor actions at all - I allowed them though since they sound reasonable and give you more useful flavor.)

--
If it makes you feel any better, the OP also reads "notquitehere" ;)
Thanks for catching that typo. I edited the OP to now read "notquitethere".

Skynet: Is this a bastard game or a 'crazy closed setup'?
Are role PMs guaranteed to be accurate?
Can you tell us if one of eco party or seducers can also be Sarah connor?

Crazy closed setups.

Role PMs are guaranteed to be accurate.

Yes, it is possible that an Eco Party or Seducer can also be Sarah Connor...though note it is also possible for pigs to fly if you strap them with rockets.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 07:17:12 am by Skynet »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 09, 2021, 07:37:08 am »

That at least clears me of being sarah connor(in my eyes at least). I was fearing I was sarah coonor as my name was TS-300, and nobody else had an S.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 09, 2021, 07:48:59 am »

You have played enough games, FallacyofUrist. Though it would make more sense if one of seduce faction killed their opponent. But you are at top on my scum list. I'll make a case later as I have some other reasons.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 09, 2021, 08:50:54 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Perfect. That explains the behavior then and why that was convincing to you.

I'm afraid not, Vector. I really have been fucking with you the entire time. This isn't a bastard mod for me. I don't have fancy wincon. I wasn't talking to anyone else. (Well, I did ask NQT about the crypto, to see if they had more information than I did.) Honestly, my goal was to see if we all had the same model of Terminator. Everything afterward was because it's just fun to mess with you.

Though, that still doesn't explain who the seducer is. Why would you have a wincon that you cannot achieve alone? You aren't explaining everything.

No wait. That actually does give some information now. I was right, wasn't I? When I asked why you thought the flips were wrong. Luckyowl is your teammate. That's why you thought the flips was fake.

By that logic, you have a third teammate. Are all of your wincons Seduction?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 09, 2021, 08:53:02 am »

An anti-Terminator Terminator... AKA, a Seducer.

Luckyowl was a false flip.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26