Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21

Author Topic: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1 - Bloodless Town Victory  (Read 19334 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Choose-Your-Own-Mafia 4 - D1
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2021, 05:06:11 pm »

FLOWERMAIDEN! Assassins, and to a lesser extent Doge and Thieves(On the first time before shields show up) can bypass such actions And level 2 Merchants can give out a Duel ability, which shields would stop from occurring, so you'd protect the mafia.. Monks can also delay an action so this plan has been flaed from the start

But it doesn't matter because anyone who isn't giving out shields is obvscum.

The Swords ability (which I guess is to balance the shields) also doesn't matter since players are informed if they're given a shield, so we can still confirm the action via this.

I'd place the mafia team as Toonyman, Caz, and one other. No lynching day 1 offers no info to town.

Everyone who disagrees with The Plan must volunteer to get lynched, no backsies

Go die on a sword heretic. I already did so last game. Pretty easy way to get rid of town right?

I wonder why this plan would worry you so much? :P Also if you're talking about the CYOM, you literally forced town's hand by dayvigging.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2021, 05:06:44 pm »

Uh, not CYOM, I mean the Exquisite one. Too much customisation going around. :L

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2021, 05:07:18 pm »

A player can't do anything else if they're handing out a shield.

I am against the plan on both principle and role-related reasons.
Fine. I'll share my flaw even though it doesn't affect The Plan.

I have a flaw. I'm a lover with Jim Groovester. It doesn't affect the plan.

If Jim is town I dare mafia to try to kill him.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2021, 05:10:02 pm »

If we're claiming flaws, I don't have one that will interfere with the plan.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2021, 05:14:20 pm »

I have a 50% chance to self-target. So, if you want Jim to live, I'd suggest having someone else do it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2021, 05:16:08 pm »

The plan works better with Monk. We can rez everyone back, then vet people by lynching and rezzing them.

I don't see a way for scum to win with The Plan, Using Monks. Can we declare a victory point for town, and play the game without a tedious yet near-certain win based on deterministic mechanics?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2021, 05:21:42 pm »

I have a 50% chance to self-target. So, if you want Jim to live, I'd suggest having someone else do it.
Okay. We can reorganize the daisy chain so that if mafia decide to kill Jim it'll be harder.

The plan works better with Monk. We can rez everyone back, then vet people by lynching and rezzing them.
I don't see a way for scum to win with The Plan, Using Monks. Can we declare a victory point for town, and play the game without a tedious yet near-certain win based on deterministic mechanics?
True. We can decide to use Monks or Surveyors on Day 2.

Also, no. Even if The Plan fails this is excellent info for scum hunting that will bear fruits for the rest of the game.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2021, 05:46:12 pm »

I also have no flaws that will interfere with the plan.

I say it's unlikely to work out perfectly, but it's advantageous enough that I'm willing to go along with it.

And I'm so sorry for you, NQT.

No Lynch.

I am against the plan on both principle and role-related reasons.
Eat cherry pie, wuba. I'm doing this thing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2021, 05:49:00 pm »

Revised The Plan
webadict Sell Shield ToonyMan
ToonyMan Sell Shield Caz
Caz Sell Shield FallacyofUrist
FallacyofUrist Sell Shield Vector
Vector Sell Shield Luckyowl
Luckyowl Sell Shield Secretdorf
Secretdorf Sell Shield mightymushroom
mightymushroom Sell Shield juicebox
juicebox Sell Shield Egan BW
Egan BW Sell Shield Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir Sell Shield webadict
TricMagic Sell Shield Jim Groovester
Jim Groovester Sell Shield Toaster
Toaster Sell Shield TricMagic

I swapped TricMagic and Webadict. Any other adjustments?

We don't want to hammer No Lynch until everybody posts.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2021, 05:50:04 pm »

*sigh*, great, protecc LuckyOwl, fine
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2021, 05:53:00 pm »

I think it will be more useful to get a list of people who will go along with it and protect each other, to get a list together. I'm up for joining the protection circle, but I'd like it to take second stage and not be the focus of D1.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2021, 05:54:22 pm »

I mean, I'll agree that the plan is neat. I still won't do it because elimination by Day is a better route for me.

Alright, back to talking about things.

Townlean:
ToonyMan - Usually starts out joking when they're Town. Planning thing is dumb, or I'd move them up the list. That's right, I said it, whatcha gonna do? I won't be following the plan, but not because I don't think it'll work.
Egan_BW - What Vector sees as a scumtell, I see as a Towntell. If Egan_BW is afraid to vote someone, saying so draws too much attention to them, and being self-conscious of that would be scummy.
mightymushroom - Gut lean. Seems authentic enough to not worry about them today.

Null:
Caz - Eh. Caz is Caz. If I'm not feeling they're scummy, they usually end up as scum.
TricMagic - Eh. TricMagic is TricMagic. If I'm not feeling they're scummy, they usually end up as Town.

Scumlean:
FallacyofUrist - Probably scum because they didn't exclaim about how excited they are to not be Town for the first game ever. Accepts the plan. Duh, what? Do not like.
Vector - Going after Egan_BW for weak reason right off the bat that's gonna be dropped pretty quick, and my pointing it out will make that happen faster. "Classic" inexperienced things are usually tells they don't explicitly state, which is why I'm move Vector down to the scumleans.
Nirur Torir - Not feeling right about them. Don't really like their reasoning for why the plan is flawed.

@FoU:
ToonyMan: What kinda bullshit is Web pulling this game?
I don't know. I'm kind of curious why he puts Luckyowl and Vector at the top of a very obvious and lazy RVS post.

Why did you do that Webadict?
Because I was going to vote Luckyowl but I flipped a coin and it came up tails. And I like Vector.

A player can't do anything else if they're handing out a shield.
Two scum players in a row make your plan faulty. The second one can do the killing, OR they can make people redirect using the Duelist's Challenge and make other people look scummy. It's not a foolproof plan.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2021, 05:55:54 pm »

*sigh*, great, protecc LuckyOwl, fine

Rood

Yeah, I'm all in on this. I'm a monk my ability is Atone which allows me to remove curses.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2021, 05:57:34 pm »

Okay, put Luckyowl as Townlean for me, I literally don't think I've ever seen him read the OP ever.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2021, 05:59:40 pm »

Also. I know this is gonna sound scummy. But if anyone try to read my alignment I won't show up due to my species.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 21