Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 74302 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #150 on: February 24, 2021, 12:10:10 am »

Oh dear heavens me. Take mine wrists, cuff them, and do lead me to the local constabulary for I hath virtued.

No, wait, I can do better. Hold on, let me clear my throat.

Vector, you always move me in the right direction. You are a joy to be around, a ray of sunshine. Your intellect is boundless, unwavering, and whenever you correct me, I enjoy it as a new opportunity to learn things, to change the trajectory of my life. :D This is a smiley face, and it is for you because I can hardly hold back a grin when I think of things that confuse you, to send you down a new track, for the sheer fact that the tables had been turned. A clash without a route. A battle without blood. I would give you a hug, but I feel that would, of course, potentially be inappropriate, as well as an unwanted invasion of personal space but know that today is a day of sheer youthful ambition, and that should these affectations truly hit your heart (as I do so aim for them to), know that I come bearing happiness of a magnitude without limit.

Forsooth, there is no vitriol laden within these words. Ersatz they may be, but cruel? Nay. There'd be no point.

i will bite u

you're still scum >:V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 24, 2021, 12:13:40 am »

I am present and also town.
Okay, great.
Got anything else? I'll be nice and wait for your teammates to tell you what to do.
did your scum team told you to say that? or are you going rogue?
I'm freelance currently, but I wouldn't mind a steady position if you're interested.

Yes, I will eventually post.
I've got an important meeting tomorrow I probably need to spend more time preparing for so I'm not going to play super serious today but I'll answer questions and poke at some stuff.
Got it.

i will bite u
I'm not seeing it, Vector.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 24, 2021, 12:29:19 am »

i will bite u

Yes, but do you bite your thumb at me?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 24, 2021, 12:45:52 am »

Thank goodness games start in the morning so that I don't actually have to participate in the RVS by the time I'm able to post.

Jim Groovester: How can I best convince you to read at least the parts addressed to you if I make lengthier posts?

You don't have to do anything since you're not an obnoxious WoTer.

OH LOL I thought you were Toaster when I was answering this.

Yeah just like try to not be an overly tedious and pedantic poster I guess. The goal of the game is to convince people to vote with you, not to have impenetrable, infallible cases.

Jim G:  Let's assume you're a cult leader of whatever flavor.  How do you pick your converts?  Would you pick me again for the WIFOM?

The smart answer is that I would pick people who would help me win but the answer I am going to give is the people who would be funnest to have on my team.

Yes, of course I would, Toaster.

I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.

Lynch you?

My run specifically. But any tracker in the group could see the truth. How does my one post seem a decent place to start?

Hmm, that so? I really don't have anything I can actively do though. No kills or anything like that. Can't track or investigate or bus or anything. Unless I'm lying to cover up a more powerful role. (Just posting without thinking there. So you know that post wasn't coached at all given the number of experienced players in this game.)

Why are you inviting people to spend their night actions on you as if that would prove anything about you?

Jim Groovester. How's life? Did you roll scum again?

It's fantastic.

Nope, town again. Maybe this time I'll actually have a chance to play instead of putting effort into a game and then getting a free win like in CYOM4. Not that I'm mad about winning though.

UNDEFEATED SINCE HIS RETURN

THE GLORY DAYS ARE NOW

This is why I thought you were just copy-pasta-ing from other games. Back to Jim Groovester.

I'm trying Vector just give me some time to you know go to my job come back home eat something and then assemble a post

Webadict, you really need to up your scum game.

Where's the vitriol? Where's the uncertainty? The verve? "Even less a fan of my posting than you usually are?" Bullshit. You know you've never said that, and you know that you usually don't need to manufacture a scum read on me to come poke my buttons. Scumadict lacks the playfulness and sharpness of town webadict.

Also, proud of you for practicing pocketing on the noob. Better luck next time, nerd.

Sometimes I get the impression you're playing five years in the past.

Not that this is actually relevant to anything but webadict has been a pretty chill dude from my observations of how he's played since my glorious return.

By and large I can't actually figure out why you voted any of the targets you voted, except for me since you were waiting on an RVS response.

4maskwolf

What's your plan for survival? Do you intend to be useful to town, or just rely on there being better lynch targets?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I thought you were making a joke about not having a plan since I don't see the image you're actually linking to.

BluarianKnight:  Don't believe I've played a game with you.  How would you describe your playstyle in one sentence?
Wary but Thorough, that would be by non-weird answer.

I like this.

Sorry for the wait - let's do this.  8)

BluarianKnight: You're the only one here I haven't played with before. Should I consider you dangerous?
Unique choice of words - dangerous.
Yeah, I'd probably be someone to worry about, IcyTea31.

I don't like this.

Why are you claiming survivor D1?

Are you trying to win a death-wincon? Or just throwing people off your real scent?

Unvote.

4maskwolf

I like this even less.

I've never played with you so I don't know if this is typical for you but you look like you're trying too hard.

I'm willing to believe 4mask for now, while his claim hurts us at night it does remove a lynch candidate for today.

What do you think, Vector? BK?

You two switched votes before even letting your original vote questions get answered.

I'm willing to give the benefit - I think he's proved his point.

Unvote.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this makes me uneasy.

I am present and also town.

You know I would argue with this just to be funny but I actually can't.

Anyways, I'm three beers in tonight so I'm going to sing to the Attack On Titan soundtrack and go to bed. My comprehension of the most recent parts of the thread dropped as my alcohol intake increased so I'm going to have to revisit this tomorrow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 24, 2021, 04:19:59 am »

TricMagic

My run specifically.
Icytea. I get it was just after, but one could pay attention. I'l forgive you, if only because I'm coming off a finishing post in Vengeful. And instincts are very useful in a social game, it's how you determine something is wrong with how things are worded. Or logic, but in that case I'll go with instinct until proper logic appears to fault that instinct.
Wait, you were calling yourself scummy? That's my mistake, then. I'd still like you to try to follow up on those instincts, perhaps by asking a question which requires an alignment-specific answer?

Vector

I mean, if you want my real answer? I'd go back and reread the thread until I had more information on you, the other guy, and the person who started the thunderdome. It depends on what Day it is. It depends on who else is dead and how much information each kill would provide, blah blah blah blah blah for me it's more about context than about any one person involved and without that context the question doesn't give viable information about my ge-new-eye-N thought process.

But you know that.
To be honest, I expected your answer to be along the lines of not wanting to say you'd shoot me to my face, or anyone's but a faceless "other guy". At the time I asked the original question, there was little to reread, little to make that contextual decision beyond what you know about me from the past. The question thus becomes "Do you trust me?" and "Would you dare to say to my face that you don't trust me?" Let's move this to another context: endgame: me you, and a faceless third person. Which is more important, what we say then, or what we said before then?

BluarianKnight

IcyTea31 - Which person here would worry you the most of they were scum?
Definitely notquitethere. He's the type of player who's well capable of pulling a genealogical account of why I, my mother, and my mother's mother are all scum out of nowhere. Even though in that situation I'd know it was false, I'd have to do a similar amount of analysis and work to prove that to the other players.

IcyTea31 - His first questions had plenty that were, at least to me, too pointed and aggressive for scumhunting. Scumleaning.
First time I've been called scum for that, BluarianKnight. How do you scumhunt without asking pointed and aggressive questions?

Web gives me the opposite vibes - something's off - the buddying thing is sort of similar
Which buddying thing? Surely not the part where I opened my game with a joking accusation?

juicebox

IcyTea: I plan on finding scum and lynching them D2 instead.
Let's assume there's good town play from other players and scum gets lynched on D1, but you can't quite take credit for it. Where do you start looking for scum on D2?

Secretdorf

Luckyowl, you better be mafia this time.

4maskwolf is mafia, probably.

Tricmagic is mafia, too, probably. Because I don't see how claiming VT will help us. At least, mafia would have killed you instead of a PR. And you say we should waste a track on you?

Webadict is mafia, too, probably.

Toonyman is mafia, too, probably.

Toaster is town, probably.

Icytea is mafia, too, probably.
Wanna narrow that down a bit? Surely there aren't 6 scum in a 13-player game, especially one with a claimed third party?

Jim Groovester

The smart answer is that I would pick people who would help me win but the answer I am going to give is the people who would be funnest to have on my team.
Names, Jim. Who would it be funniest to have on your team?

webadict

Pretty good conrent so far.
Feels kinda eh-y, but... I dunno, call it intuition.
Is my content "pretty good" or "kinda eh-y"?

General reads:

Webadict and Vector's spat seems genuine, probably not both scum.

This isn't quite how TricMagic has acted in the past when unenthusiastic about their role, though it is better performance than expected. Possibilities range up to being coached by a scumbuddy, but I'm willing to count it as genuinely improved town play for now.

4maskwolf's survivor claim, if false, is more likely jester than mafia at this point. Trusting for now, since there's a promise of no jesters.

Jim Groovester's opening post matches my thoughts pretty well. The single post leans town, but I'll want more.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 24, 2021, 06:48:01 am »

Alright, it's reads time:

Townlean
BluarianKnight: I'll be completely honest in saying I've been watching them in Vengeful, but I'm very much a fan of this Blue Knight. I think they're a solid Townlean in spite of ToonyMan and 4maskwolf because they're defo Town.
TricMagic: Townlean. Feels like they're doing some weird ploy. Idk, not gonna think about it. But I genuinely believe that this is a Town!Tric, and hopefully I'm getting better at reading them. Definitely feel better than I did during CYOMafia, that's for sure.
IcyTea31: Generally insightful and active. 4mask hates their questions, and I agree, but I'd still rather have something than nothing. Still, reminds me of BYOR 15 Icy, and so I'll keep them up here. Feels kinda eh-y, but... I dunno, call it intuition.

Null
ToonyMan: Starting off in true Toony spirit with a Townlean, but whatcha gonna do? I guess I'll just get fleeced by ToonyMan again. Actually, as I'm reading through this, I'm gonna move them down to null. I am mostly doing this to spite 4maskwolf, and also because I don't believe that ToonyMan actually earned a space up in the Townlean section. If 4maskwolf hadn't said anything, I'd actually have them higher. Overall, I do like their play, and I'm expecting a lot more in short order, as they usually do.
Toaster: Ehhh... Could go either way on this one. Haven't really seen enough of them, but the parts I did see sorta rang towards town. I'll keep them here for good measure. Not really a fan of their work so far.
Luckyowl: Hasn't
Secretdorf: Posted
Jim Groovester: Yet

Scumlean
juicebox: Wtf, where did juicebox come from? I have seen nothing from them, and that truly makes them scummy. I will always eliminate them if they have the least number of posts.
notquitethere: Here's my problem with this read. I actually don't fully trust it, because usually scum!NQT is more townie to me. But, gut lean towards scum because they haven't been super active. But, that's like the opposite of how I usually feel, so maybe I'm biased on this one... Eh.
Vector: Scumread. Even less a fan of their posting than I usually am, but their attack on 4maskwolf felt manufactured, and their quick jumps back to Jim Groovester was... Really, really weird. I think the frustration is real, but I don't believe that the attack is, and even factoring in the fact that 4mask said TolyK, I simply don't believe it at the moment. After re-reading, I'm still not convinced that they know what's they're trying to hammer in on, and I'm poking their buttons here like I usually do.

Third Party
4maskwolf: Is it worth it to engage with them? No.

I'll ask a smarter question, then. If you had a daykill you could only use today, who'd you use it on, as town?
Oops, missed this question: 4maskwolf, because they're a liability.

Well i guess I should get my post count up then.

I'll start by saying I believe Tricmagic's claim, they just seem genuine to me.

I think 4mask's claim is a bit more dubious however, especially when you consider the possibility of a 4mask Toaster scumteam.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 24, 2021, 08:23:27 am »

@Juicebox:
I feel the exact opposite.

Why Toaster and 4mask together?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 24, 2021, 08:59:20 am »

I say 4mask and Toaster together because of this:

I don't believe there's ever been a Jester no.

There have been survivors though. Toaster got ressed as one after dying, I believe you had an ability too no?
If it's helpful, my role is wererat.

I got ressed into Lone Vampire; I had a block that killed if I used it two nights in a row on the same target.  3 and 5 started with a Wererat; a survivor with no abilities.  PPE yes, that one.

It just feels little bit too convenient to me how this happened.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 24, 2021, 08:59:42 am »

That reads post was not a reads post, that was a joke. Never mind that.

Games with lots of players are a bit difficult to get into when you are late, but I'll try. First of all, I don't understand why you claimed, tricmagic? How is that supposed to help town in any way?
I think webadict is town this time mostly a gut-read on his reads post which I think was town-motivated. But I have a bad habit of taking people giving reads analysis as town, so I might reconsider that.
Blueknight might be town if I compare his play in this game with the VM. In that game, his posts were filled with explanations. Although, someone might be coaching him. Still, some of his posts are scummy.
I am 90%sure luckyowl is mafia this game but I am not going to press that until I have evidence.
NQT hasn't posted a lot but I think he is town this time as his posts don't look like he has been constructing townreads on himself.
4mask is probably survivor but I haven't read anything about wererat. What is that?
Toonyman is slight scumlean idk why.
Jim G is probably town or probaly not town ie null.
ICT is townlean.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2021, 09:05:29 am »

I say 4mask and Toaster together because of this:
I don't believe there's ever been a Jester no.
There have been survivors though. Toaster got ressed as one after dying, I believe you had an ability too no?
If it's helpful, my role is wererat.
I got ressed into Lone Vampire; I had a block that killed if I used it two nights in a row on the same target.  3 and 5 started with a Wererat; a survivor with no abilities.  PPE yes, that one.
It just feels little bit too convenient to me how this happened.
I agree that's odd, but I know for a fact Toaster read through all the previous games just like I did because we talked about it before the game started.

@Luckyowl:
You feel quite reserved to me. Is NQT not able to guide you while they're away?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2021, 09:12:14 am »

@Jim:
>has an important meeting today
>gets hammered while singing about titans the night before

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2021, 09:18:32 am »

@Icy: Hmmm, don't see the issue there. You can have good content and feel meh. Call it a Townlean on you, and a nullread on your suspects. Does that make more sense?

@Vector: Pocketing the noob? I like that you think I exist in a vacuum, and that I can't expect people to be Town unless they are a noob. I watched all of Vengeful 14 and saw a good player. I watched YellowPixel's play, too. I will say that BK is not really a noob to me. YP is, but BK seems like their experience translates well here, so not exactly a noob. Though, I will correct something I missed yesterday: I meant to type that, within the last few games we've played, I have suspected you as Town, however, this time I feel much more solidly that this assertion is correct, especially since you hardswerved based on that accusation and OMGUSed back.

RE:Jim: Townlean. Their reading of Vector is close enough to mine that I biasedly make them more Town. But, posts also feel typical of Town!Jim, so I'll keep them in Townlean.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2021, 09:40:49 am »

Secretdorf

I think webadict is town this time mostly a gut-read on his reads post which I think was town-motivated. But I have a bad habit of taking people giving reads analysis as town, so I might reconsider that.
What do you mean when you say that the reads post was town-motivated?

I am 90%sure luckyowl is mafia this game but I am not going to press that until I have evidence.
That's a lot of certainty to find from three posts, none of which say anything.

NQT hasn't posted a lot but I think he is town this time as his posts don't look like he has been constructing townreads on himself.
This is from a single post, which also said very little. Why is one low-poster scum and another town?

webadict

@Icy: Hmmm, don't see the issue there. You can have good content and feel meh. Call it a Townlean on you, and a nullread on your suspects. Does that make more sense?
Maybe. My gut is still screaming about you to me. It's been a while since I lasted played with you, but your attitude seems too relaxed for me to trust you right now.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2021, 09:44:12 am »

Haven't interacted much with Toony yet this game, but second-hand it matches with past town!Toony reasonably well.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2021, 10:15:32 am »

Side note but I agree that it looks like Secretdorf is fabricating reads rather than making real ones, that read on NQT is interesting in italics.

Also blue continuing to parrot webadict is a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 115