Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 74660 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Set-up
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2021, 12:16:00 pm »

I completely missed this was happening. IN or replacement if signups are closed.

Sign-ups are indeed closed. Sorry about that. But I'll add you to the replacement list.

Game will start Tuesday morning.
Fine by me! Good luck everyone!
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2021, 12:19:56 pm »

This is true. Web is my Webuddy.
Alright, time to triple down on this investment.

webadict: You just called Toony "friend". How is that not buddying?
It is buddying. Don't vote ToonyMan, they are my buddy.

Survivor is literally the worst.
Why are you doing this to us?
Because I'm a salty bastard.
Would you like to be eliminated?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2021, 12:21:10 pm »

webadict: You just called Toony "friend". How is that not buddying?
It is buddying. Don't vote ToonyMan, they are my buddy.

Why are you doing this to us?
Because I'm a salty bastard.
Would you like to be eliminated?
I'm aware of how certain players on Bay12 react to survivors, if that's what you're asking. I'm hoping that, as Tiruin once put it, we have "no more of that kill all third parties carp."

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2021, 12:22:57 pm »

Thanks for claiming early, serial-killer 4maskwolf. Or should I say, 4maskwerebear???

notquitethere: How likely is it that the "pure of heart" status mentioned in the D1 opening post flavour is separate from being town?
I doubt it is separate at all. He probably just means town by that. You tell me, has it ever meant anything else? There's apparently nothing new this time round:

In order to make this a bit more new player friendly I will not be adding any new roles or changing any of the existing roles this time. So you can read over the previous games to learn what might be out there and what they can do.

Toaster, you're very familiar with this setup. What's the biggest anti-town threat out there?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2021, 12:24:08 pm »

Thanks for claiming early, serial-killer 4maskwolf. Or should I say, 4maskwerebear???
I'm assuming this is a reference to Jiokuy's claiming his SK werebear abilities rather than the actual werebear abilities back in Supernatural 7?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2021, 12:29:10 pm »

PPE:
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
Tricmagic seems like a decent place to start.

And so the run of being scummy continues. That is your first thought when I claim to have no powers?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2021, 12:30:49 pm »

PPE:
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.

And so the run of being scummy continues. That is your first thought when I claim to have no powers?
Yep!
I guess you haven't played many Meph games. VT is a surprisingly rare role, there have probably been more of most other town roles than VTs throughout the history of this game. Claiming VT D1 might as well be a huge siren saying "I'm a member of the mafia."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2021, 12:33:47 pm »

PPE:

My run specifically. But any tracker in the group could see the truth. How does my one post seem a decent place to start?

Hmm, that so? I really don't have anything I can actively do though. No kills or anything like that. Can't track or investigate or bus or anything. Unless I'm lying to cover up a more powerful role. (Just posting without thinking there. So you know that post wasn't coached at all given the number of experienced players in this game.)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2021, 12:55:32 pm »

Hmm, that so? I really don't have anything I can actively do though. No kills or anything like that.
Except the mafiakill, of course.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2021, 12:56:45 pm »

Hmm, that so? I really don't have anything I can actively do though. No kills or anything like that.
Too easy. Scumlean.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2021, 01:00:15 pm »

4mask:
4mask:

Interesting... D1 survivor claim?  What motivated you to do this right out the gate?
Because I have zero confidence in my play being good enough to hit the middle ground between being townie enough to avoid the noose and wolfy enough to avoid the nightkill. At least if I out myself people know I'm not a threat to their wincon, since I don't have any abilities.
PPE: this answer goes to toony as well.

So we're facing wolves?  Good to know.

NQT:
Toaster, you're very familiar with this setup. What's the biggest anti-town threat out there?

Cult-type factions.  I've seen vampire lords and a Dark Magus with a one-shot convert and a bunch of other X-shot abilities (plus faction kill.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2021, 01:03:38 pm »

4mask:
4mask:

Interesting... D1 survivor claim?  What motivated you to do this right out the gate?
Because I have zero confidence in my play being good enough to hit the middle ground between being townie enough to avoid the noose and wolfy enough to avoid the nightkill. At least if I out myself people know I'm not a threat to their wincon, since I don't have any abilities.
PPE: this answer goes to toony as well.

So we're facing wolves?  Good to know.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2021, 01:05:59 pm »

Too easy. Scumlean.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2021, 01:06:18 pm »

4maskwolf

Also, Icy, your question to web was dumb because... it was dumb? That's really the only way of describing it. Like, what?
Is it dumber than not trying to start any conversation at all?

Toaster

You probably saw this coming.  Did you expect this?
Absolutely. In fact, it would have been most interesting if you'd picked someone else, since then I'd have asked why you picked them in particular. Why did you pick the boring option?

TricMagic

Why would you claim this? What good is it to the town?

And so the run of being scummy continues.
Continues? 4maskwolf hadn't posted anything before his claim?

So you know that post wasn't coached at all given the number of experienced players in this game.
Suspiciously specific.

webadict, ToonyMan

Tripling down on not having a real conversation with each other? Bold move.

notquitethere

I doubt it is separate at all. He probably just means town by that. You tell me, has it ever meant anything else? There's apparently nothing new this time round:
I've only skimmed the past games, so I wouldn't know. How useful is flavour analysis in general in this format? Mephansteras said that it wouldn't be useless.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2021, 01:08:32 pm »

4maskwolf

Also, Icy, your question to web was dumb because... it was dumb? That's really the only way of describing it. Like, what?
Is it dumber than not trying to start any conversation at all?
Definitely not. Starting a conversation some way has to happen in order for the game to proceed properly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 115