Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 74661 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2021, 01:16:28 pm »

You didn't read the second post that quoted that one, did you IcyTea? And I claimed that for an easy confirm. Or just ignore me, either is good. At least I'm not a miller this time. Either way, won't be going anywhere at night, so might as well use my vote IcyTea. What's the point of those questions you are asking? They feel wrong to me on an instinctive level.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2021, 01:28:12 pm »

Vector: Assume you have a daykill. Someone makes a revelation which puts me in a thunderdome with a player you don't have a good read on. Do you shoot me or the other player?

Almost certainly the other player, because I was dead-set on your being scum last time as a claimed mason. Without further evidence, I'm going to lean towards shooting the other one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2021, 01:28:53 pm »

Jim Groovester. How's life? Did you roll scum again?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2021, 01:44:11 pm »

TricMagic

You didn't read the second post that quoted that one, did you IcyTea?
No, seriously. You said that 4mask being scummy "continued". Where did it start?

And I claimed that for an easy confirm.
You do realize that your no-abilities claim is practically impossible to confirm without someone using an ability on you?

What's the point of those questions you are asking? They feel wrong to me on an instinctive level.
They start a conversation by their nature of requiring answers, so that I don't need to rely on my instincts to determine people's alignments.

4maskwolf

What's your plan for survival? Do you intend to be useful to town, or just rely on there being better lynch targets?

Vector

Almost certainly the other player, because I was dead-set on your being scum last time as a claimed mason. Without further evidence, I'm going to lean towards shooting the other one.
Isn't this a cognitive bias? Just because you misjudged me as scum when I had a strong case for being town, doesn't mean that you should judge me as town when I don't have that circumstance. In fact, shouldn't it make me more suspicious that I don't have a strong case for being town right now?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2021, 01:46:14 pm »

4maskwolf

What's your plan for survival? Do you intend to be useful to town, or just rely on there being better lynch targets?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2021, 02:15:54 pm »

PPE:
I have no powers, so feel free to come and kill me. Or watch me. Or anything else.
Tricmagic seems like a decent place to start.

And so the run of being scummy continues. That is your first thought when I claim to have no powers?

My run specifically. But any tracker in the group could see the truth. How does my one post seem a decent place to start?

Icytea. I get it was just after, but one could pay attention. I'l forgive you, if only because I'm coming off a finishing post in Vengeful. And instincts are very useful in a social game, it's how you determine something is wrong with how things are worded. Or logic, but in that case I'll go with instinct until proper logic appears to fault that instinct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2021, 02:36:24 pm »

webadict, ToonyMan

This is true. Web is my Webuddy.
Alright, time to triple down on this investment.
Tripling down on not having a real conversation with each other? Bold move.
Jealous 'cuz you ain't us. Townlean. Pretty good conrent so far.

Vector: Assume you have a daykill. Someone makes a revelation which puts me in a thunderdome with a player you don't have a good read on. Do you shoot me or the other player?

I believe you, but your reasoning is wickedy whack. Scumlean.

4maskwolf

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why are you cosplaying as a Jester?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2021, 02:50:40 pm »

Isn't this a cognitive bias? Just because you misjudged me as scum when I had a strong case for being town, doesn't mean that you should judge me as town when I don't have that circumstance. In fact, shouldn't it make me more suspicious that I don't have a strong case for being town right now?

So, you obviously don't have a strong case for being town right now, because we're RVSing and you haven't yet claimed as a mason. Under the circumstances, your question is moot, and I know it, and you know it, &c. It's an intellectual exercise.

As an intellectual exercise: I learned last game that even with very strong reasons to think you should be town, my gut may misread you as scum. We have played all of one game together. I don't have a similar piece of information about any other player in the game (except NQT, who I have a strong bias to read as town even when he isn't). Under those circumstances, which to me basically gives "person I can't read vs. person I can't read," I might as well shoot the other one to change things up a bit.

I mean, if you want my real answer? I'd go back and reread the thread until I had more information on you, the other guy, and the person who started the thunderdome. It depends on what Day it is. It depends on who else is dead and how much information each kill would provide, blah blah blah blah blah for me it's more about context than about any one person involved and without that context the question doesn't give viable information about my ge-new-eye-N thought process.

But you know that.

So, you're looking like an awesome D1 lynch target, because you've managed to make it clear that you have no interest in furthering town goals. Maybe knock it off. If you actually are a survivor and you want to win with town, you need to help us find us some scum today. Otherwise, let's just say that you're the default.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2021, 02:53:08 pm »

So, you're looking like an awesome D1 lynch target, because you've managed to make it clear that you have no interest in furthering town goals. Maybe knock it off. If you actually are a survivor and you want to win with town, you need to help us find us some scum today. Otherwise, let's just say that you're the default.
I made a case on TolyK and still think the slot is sus, but please, continue to tell me how I have no intent to further the town's wincon. I love playing the game and then being told that everything I do didn't actually exist and the cases I make don't matter.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2021, 02:54:57 pm »

Great. Copypasta comes to B12.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2021, 02:56:06 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
4maskwolf: IcyTea31, notquitethere
IcyTea31: Toaster, TricMagic
Jim Groovester: Vector
Toaster: ToonyMan, webadict
TricMagic: 4maskwolf

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2021, 02:57:02 pm »

Great. Copypasta comes to B12.
Okay so you have no interest in engaging with anything outside of your preconceived notions.

Acknowledged.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2021, 03:00:01 pm »

*throws up hands*

Fuck it, I hate this. If someone has a daykill, please take him out so he doesn't get to win as a jester (if that's somehow what this is). Otherwise, 4maskwolf.

Yes, it's a policy lynch, and no, I don't care.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:04 pm »

*throws up hands*

Fuck it, I hate this. If someone has a daykill, please take him out so he doesn't get to win as a jester (if that's somehow what this is). Otherwise, 4maskwolf.

Yes, it's a policy lynch, and no, I don't care.
Let's see if I follow.

I make a case on TolyK.

You claim I'm refusing to further the town's wincon.

I point out that that's wrong.

You mock me.

I shrug and move on with my life.

You policy lynch me.

Thank you, very cool.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:50 pm »

IcyTea:
Toaster

You probably saw this coming.  Did you expect this?
Absolutely. In fact, it would have been most interesting if you'd picked someone else, since then I'd have asked why you picked them in particular. Why did you pick the boring option?

Short on time, so I went for the quick and easy option.   I have a better option now anyway.

TricMagic:
You didn't read the second post that quoted that one, did you IcyTea? And I claimed that for an easy confirm. Or just ignore me, either is good. At least I'm not a miller this time. Either way, won't be going anywhere at night, so might as well use my vote IcyTea. What's the point of those questions you are asking? They feel wrong to me on an instinctive level.

Why so earnest to be confirmed on day one?

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 115