Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 74301 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2021, 04:34:13 pm »

Any other survivors want to come out today? I think you would be benefiting town greatly if you did so.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2021, 04:34:57 pm »

Any other survivors want to come out today? I think you would be benefiting town greatly if you did so.
You really don't want to believe my claim do you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2021, 04:41:19 pm »

You're looking at this the wrong way.

If nobody comes forward I'm very willing to believe your claim. This helps town lynch scum because we wouldn't be lynching you. I would say it's unlikely you don't win this game.

If somebody else comes forward I will be voting one of you two. There is a very high probability one of you is lying scum. If you're legit and mafia decide to gamble the odds that's their move.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2021, 04:43:12 pm »

You're looking at this the wrong way.

If nobody comes forward I'm very willing to believe your claim. This helps town lynch scum because we wouldn't be lynching you. I would say it's unlikely you don't win this game.

If somebody else comes forward I will be voting one of you two. There is a very high probability one of you is lying scum. If you're legit and mafia decide to gamble the odds that's their move.
I actually did get it, I just wanted to make sure that was where you were headed before I said this.

Toony is towncore.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2021, 04:53:55 pm »

@4mask: I'm sorry, what? Why would scum claim to kill the survivor? That's a dumb move if ever I saw one, and you should know that as a Survivor.

Is becoming Townvore that easy for you?

Not only that, but look at it from a Survivor's point of view: What would they gain by ccing? Nothing but a chance to either: 1) get eliminated, or 2) get on the bad side of scum.

Why are all your insights level 0?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2021, 04:54:56 pm »

The RVS post I typed up a couple of hours ago failed to actually post, so that's great.

Toony: So what's the plan this time? How do we break this setup?

IcyTea: I plan on finding scum and lynching them D2 instead.

Bluarian Knight: Do you believe TricMagic's claim?

Toaster: Supposing there is a cult, how do we out them?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2021, 04:58:42 pm »

Om nom.

Not only that, but look at it from a Survivor's point of view: What would they gain by ccing? Nothing but a chance to either: 1) get eliminated, or 2) get on the bad side of scum.
You think scum will want to waste a kill on a claimed survivor? No way.

If there's a legit survivor out there, I promise I'll do my best to suss out whether it's 4mask or you that's lying. You will have a much higher chance of winning if you speak up and reveal scum, then staying quiet.

Toony: So what's the plan this time? How do we break this setup?
By having a survivor claim apparently.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2021, 05:09:54 pm »

I don't copypasta except for comedy. The sheeping copypasta? Makes people on MU laugh. Responding to someone with annoyance? Why would I make a copypasta of that.

Also, like, why would I ever copy-paste stuff from game to game?

I assumed it was something like copy-pasting stuff that I said in an old game in a similar situation for humor purposes (given that TolyK was a long time ago). Is this a dumb interpretation? Yeah,

*shrug*, look, all I'm saying is that I went off onto one of my crazy left-field interpretations of what you were doing. I'm willing to cop to it when I've made a mistake.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 23, 2021, 05:11:01 pm »

I thought you were RiA-ing with a bunch of posts about someone who wasn't in the game to piss me off.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2021, 05:11:20 pm »

I'm willing to give the benefit - I think he's proved his point.
Unvote.
Hmhmhm.
I know, right?
EBWOP for clarity.

Because my suspicions were proven incorrect - there's no jester role, past previous beliefs. I'll admit to that, so I dropped the vote. I won't bark up a tree if I know I'm wrong.

Curiosity question, Bluarian: What's your previous mafia experience, excluding ongoing games? I haven't played with you before.

4mask, I'm memeing because I don't have access to a personal computer right now and can't properly type a big post. I genuinely don't understand your actions beyond fulfilling your hope of being dead before March 8th. Why? I don't believe you'd act like this as mafia.
With regard to what, specifically? The memes? Meh, mostly because I want to, and because the things I meme-respond to generally aren't worthy of a response. My response to Vector? I don't think they're doing it intentionally, but Vector has managed to take the worst aspects of the way MU treats me and applied it here, so I'm a little ticked atm.

In this format exactly? Not much. I'm new - albeit my experience in Mafia in other formats isn't completely lacking, and I'm decent at social deduction.

My only other B12 Mafia is Vengeful Mafia 14 - which should be finishing up in a day or two.
Indeed.
I ask because given your experience level it seems like parroting webadict on the whole "jester" thing. Would you say that's an accurate assessment?

Parroting? I'm not repeating him - he brings up the same point, but I'm not asking the same question here. I'm asking if you're hiding your role, not just if you're a jester.

Good try on trying to avoid the question, but I'll ask again;

Why are you claiming survivor D1?

Are you trying to win a death-wincon? Or just throwing people off your real scent?

Unvote.

4maskwolf
Also like.

What scent would there be to throw people off of.

Nobody could possibly have any kind of trail on me when I hadn't even posted yet.

Bad wording on my part, I'll concede to that point. Still, avoiding the question with another question was bad play in my eyes, so I barked up that tree.
Didn't find anything I considered scum, so I decided to drop it for now.

Bluarian Knight: Do you believe TricMagic's claim?

I don't think he's lying - from what I've read and seen on Tric, he's crazy enough to be genuinely pulling this claim.
Doesn't mean I won't watch him, but.. yeah, I think it's legitimate.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 23, 2021, 05:14:55 pm »

@4mask: I'm sorry, what? Why would scum claim to kill the survivor? That's a dumb move if ever I saw one, and you should know that as a Survivor.

Why are all your insights level 0?
Scum wouldn't claim to kill a survivor unless they strongly believed I wasn't, since if I flipped not-survivor it would clear them.

I'm towncoring Toonyman not for the specifics of his take but for the thought process behind it: as a wolf he would know I'm not a member of the scumteam, so fishing for counterclaims to see if I'm scum is a pointless endeavor and implicitly accusing Vector and Blue as being my scumbuddies is a ridiculous bit of theatre. The whole thing, in fact, would be a ridiculous bit of theatre. I'm not going to say it's outside of Toony's wolf range to do it because I think he's a good enough player to fake those thoughts but on top of us mindmelding over "those unvotes are a bad look" (although it seems for different reasons) I'm willing to extend my trust to him today.

It's not like he's "locktown never rescinding lol", but short of him claiming wolf I'm not going there today.

Also why are all my insights level 0? I'm sorry, have you played with me before? I am the king of bad level 0 takes. I was like 0/6 on wolves D1 of the team game, this shouldn't be a surprise to you.

Also "a real survivor wouldn't counterclaim" isn't as unlikely as Toony makes it out to be, but if I'm a wolf fakeclaiming and they counterclaim me I think my wolf team has bigger concerns than petty revenge on a no-ability survivor they could potentially strongarm into giving them the win in LYLO.

I don't copypasta except for comedy. The sheeping copypasta? Makes people on MU laugh. Responding to someone with annoyance? Why would I make a copypasta of that.

Also, like, why would I ever copy-paste stuff from game to game?

I assumed it was something like copy-pasting stuff that I said in an old game in a similar situation for humor purposes (given that TolyK was a long time ago). Is this a dumb interpretation? Yeah,

*shrug*, look, all I'm saying is that I went off onto one of my crazy left-field interpretations of what you were doing. I'm willing to cop to it when I've made a mistake.
Oh I understand now. Yeah I did say TolyK there too, didn't I. Just for future reference I wouldn't do that, it comes off a little too much like mockery to use someone's annoyed posts straight to their face as a "joke".

I was just ticked off because it felt like you were doing the same thing the people in Team Mafia did, where they completely ignored everything I did and pretended I'd made no cases all game and then mocking me when I objected. I didn't think you were doing it intentionally but it did kinda sting.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 23, 2021, 05:24:32 pm »

Yeah, my phone keyboard sucks...

The point isn't that it's a bad plan from you, Toony. It costs you literally nothing, and it is beneficial to you regardless of your alignment. It's a bad plan from 4mask's perspective, regardless of their alignment, and a bad plan from any other player's perspective to claim, and 4mask using it as reasoning for you being Town is a level 0 read from them.

@4mask: No, a Survivor doesn't counterclaim because they get Thunderdomed, and then it's "essentially" a 50:50 to lose, not even win. It's a shit-tier play, and it's better to lay low until later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 23, 2021, 05:29:58 pm »

@Vector:
I thought you were RiA-ing with a bunch of posts about someone who wasn't in the game to piss me off.
I believe this part at least.

@4maskwolf:
Why do you keep saying the mafia are wolves? I don't think this is confirmed anywhere.

@Webadict:
@4mask: No, a Survivor doesn't counterclaim because they get Thunderdomed, and then it's "essentially" a 50:50 to lose, not even win. It's a shit-tier play, and it's better to lay low until later.
What do you think the odds are that 4mask is telling the truth?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 23, 2021, 05:33:03 pm »

Yeah, my phone keyboard sucks...

The point isn't that it's a bad plan from you, Toony. It costs you literally nothing, and it is beneficial to you regardless of your alignment. It's a bad plan from 4mask's perspective, regardless of their alignment, and a bad plan from any other player's perspective to claim, and 4mask using it as reasoning for you being Town is a level 0 read from them.

Why would a non-survivor counterclaim me? The answer is they wouldn't, unless the non-survivor was convinced I was a survivor. If I'm not a survivor, counterclaiming me as survivor isn't 50/50, it's like 95:5 if people are paying attention to the motives behind the action (counterclaiming me and I flip survivor is suicide for literally 0 benefit).
It's also why I'm comfortable nobody will, in fact, counterclaim, because it's a meaningless suicide play.

@4maskwolf:
Why do you keep saying the mafia are wolves? I don't think this is confirmed anywhere.
The default on MU is "wolves" rather than "scum" and I've kinda picked it up since I've played a bunch of games there recently.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 23, 2021, 05:38:09 pm »

@4maskwolf:
The default on MU is "wolves" rather than "scum" and I've kinda picked it up since I've played a bunch of games there recently.

^ I'm willing to confirm this part. I'm pretty sure 4mask just means scum.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 115