Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 83901 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #330 on: February 25, 2021, 06:21:49 pm »

Webadict: What exactly is the reason for your scumlean on Toaster? I can't find anything in their posts to suggest they might be scum.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 25, 2021, 06:27:46 pm »

Reads

Strong Town
Jim Groovester - This is town Jim.
Webadict - My eyes kind of just glaze over when I see them responding to Vector. I think it looks like MVM2 though which makes me think they're both town so let's go with that. Also likes to buddy me extremely hard as town.

Weak Town
Vector - See above, although if one is mafia I would say Vector over Web. Anger of 4mask seemed genuine.
Juicebox - This looks like town!Juice to me, e.g. CYOM4.
TricMagic - Feels like town Tric to me, probably. I would dock more town points if this wasn't Tric acting like this.
IcyTea - Seems okay, I don't like their case on NQT.

TBD
NQT - I don't know, I'm always wrong about NQT. My first instinct is they're mafia, but that makes me think they're town. Gonna put them as the "cleanest" here.
Secretdorf/Persus13 - Secret is very newbie, but looks like newbie town to me. CYOM4.

Scum
Toaster - Weird behavior, don't trust at all.
BluarianKnight - Opportunistic scum. Not taking any chances after reading Vengeful 14, looks the same to me.
Luckyowl - I've never seen Lucky behave like this before. I've played at least half a dozen games with town!Lucky recently so it makes me heavily suspect. Newb scum.
Mafia

Third-Party
4maskwolf, like...80% sure they're survivor, 15% they're lying but another third-party, 5% chance they're actually mafia and their scum buddies started kicking them in scum chat.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 25, 2021, 06:35:49 pm »

Toony: I like your readslist. Can you expand a little on why Toaster's behavior is weird and you don't trust them at all? Do you think Toaster's monster post is bussing BK?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 25, 2021, 06:51:29 pm »

Toony - Why are you giving luckyowl an out, when your scum radar felt otherwise? Feels like a quick switch.

Secondly; could you elaborate on that Toaster feel?

Jim - You've recently unvoted, but haven't put a new vote down. Who are you leaning to vote on, and why?
Icytea - Your recent post shows your dislike of NQT's 'smokescreen' posts, when your own posts can easily be claimed the same type of smokescreening. Unless I misunderstand, your posts are just about as cluttered and hard to read as his at points, so could you elaborate?

@Toaster
Spoiler: Responding to this; (click to show/hide)

Intuition. If we look back at where he finally starts to post, he keeps up votecounts, scumhunts fairly well, and hasn't shown himself any major scumslip so far. I've no major reason not to believe he's town yet.
As for Icytea? The only major thing he's given me to make me feel scum since the start is my initial reaction. I don't have any more ammo against him - and just saying 'I feel it' doesn't feel worth enough to toss my case out. Other people have my suspicions more, so he was dropped due to lack of evidence.

@Toony
The difference between my scumgame of Vengeful and now is - I knew who everyone was as scum. I sure as shit don't have that luxury now.

Can you explain your Juice town vote? It goes against most other read-lists, so I'm interested why you think he's not null or scumlean.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 25, 2021, 07:53:58 pm »

Alright, I'm not exactly well-rested, but I'm gonna post real quick what I think and then go into more depth on the stuff I missed.

BluarianKnight:  Okay, let me break it down a bit more here:
No. I'm not voting Blue, especially not over someone like juicebox, Secretdorf, or Luckyowl, and if you seriously think that those three are better to have alive right now than Blue, I'm astounded.

Luckyowl I'll vote BluarianKnight if you vote BluarianKnight. Or post. Or do anything.
See above. Like, juicebox has scum equity, they're a fair elimination. Luckyowl has scum equity by virtue of having negative town equity, and will eventually take up all of our time Tomorrow debating whether what they did Today was acceptable. Secretdorf/Persus13... Look, I'm willing to wait on Persus because I forgot while I was writing this that Persus13 had replaced in. I only saw a post or two but Lucky and juice haven't done anything noteworthy Today.

The point of Day 1 is to get our general feelings out and use those later on. Luckyowl's lack of content is always going to be a point against them. But what Vector said earlier is correct: Don't waste Town resources on inactives, especially when we'll just vote them out anyway.

This situation just reminds me so much of NSVM2 where we moved away from juicebox who was lurking scum to vote for Caz because Caz was being suspicious, and I would rather we vote Luckyowl or juicebox for it, and if we follow that pattern, we're gonna end up voting out Bluarian or TricMagic, who I believe are both Town, or at least have the capabilities to be readable.

Webadict: What exactly is the reason for your scumlean on Toaster? I can't find anything in their posts to suggest they might be scum.
Toaster's attacks are fairly broad, shotgun attack to see what sticks, and in general, anyone that really thinks TricMagic is scum (or at least worthy of being eliminated today) is scummy, ESPECIALLY if it's related to the VT claim, which makes even less sense than going after TricMagic for being standard TricMagic. Oh, and on top of that, Toaster suspecting Jim Groovester of all people. That one is insane! Jim has Town equity out the wazoo, and even if Jim is somehow scum, Jim should still be alive at Lylo... Blah, blah, caveat that Jim continues what they're doing, CMA. Call it crazy. Call it what you want, but Jim's seriously throwing punches, and they're hitting well.

It'd be the same if you went after ToonyMan. Look, I could have concrete proof that ToonyMan is a serial killer, and I'd still be suspicious of anyone going after them because they are just too productive. Plus, even if ToonyMan is scum, ToonyMan busses their teammates pretty hard, so I have even less to worry about.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I will be honest with this... Most of it is good, and the parts I disagree with make sense from ToonyMan's perspective.

It's just a solid readlist.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 25, 2021, 08:23:37 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
BluarianKnight: 4maskwolf, Toaster
juicebox: IcyTea31, notquitethere
Luckyowl: BluarianKnight, ToonyMan, Vector, webadict
Persus13: TricMagic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2021, 08:44:08 pm »

@Vector:
Toony: I like your readslist. Can you expand a little on why Toaster's behavior is weird and you don't trust them at all? Do you think Toaster's monster post is bussing BK?
I'll have more to say on this after Lucky posts. If they don't post, then well...my vote stays.

@Blue:
Toony - Why are you giving luckyowl an out, when your scum radar felt otherwise? Feels like a quick switch.
Fret not, I'll have more to say on this in a bit.

Can you explain your Juice town vote? It goes against most other read-lists, so I'm interested why you think he's not null or scumlean.
I was mafia partners with him in MVM2, his cases were bad and he didn't actively participate. I don't see that here.

@Webadict:
Plus, even if ToonyMan is scum, ToonyMan busses their teammates pretty hard, so I have even less to worry about.
Hah, true.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2021, 09:22:16 pm »

Luckyowl, are you genuinely busy somewhere else this week? I want to hear from you.

yeah, I work during the day and finish in the evening. So I'm mostly not here for a good while. When the game started on weds I came back to 7 pages of nonsense rvs and memefeast post that I didn't wish to give a 'read' on those sort  of nonsense so I went off to play some M&B:2. Here I am and now it seems I'm up the chopping block. So I'll laid out a proposal. I am the priest and I think we should lynch webadict. Mainly for two reason. If he is scum, then we just outted a pretty terrifying scum player, if he is town then I can rez him at night bringing him back into the game as a more powerful confirmed town. It's a win-win in all account. A dead scum! Web is great and a confirmed town! web who was brought from the dead is even better.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2021, 09:25:12 pm »

@Luckyowl:
What about BK?

What do you think the mafia team are in this game?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2021, 09:28:31 pm »

I believe your priest claim. You breadcrumb it here.

The question is whether town!Lucky would stay quiet as priest...

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 25, 2021, 09:34:59 pm »

@Luckyowl:
What about BK?

What do you think the mafia team are in this game?

I think the mafia team includes, you,Icytea31, and NQT. But I don't have anything solidfying those claims yet. Just a gut read.

I believe your priest claim. You breadcrumb it here.

The question is whether town!Lucky would stay quiet as priest...

I personally wanted to stay quiet for two reasons. First I wanted go off and play games with few hours I have to myself and two I am afraid that I would get night killed all I hope is that someone can protect me as I res Web if he turn out to be town with his lynch. Sadly. I doubt anyone would join in with my plan, but it's the only way I can confirm myself as a town player by bringing a possible  town player and make them a powerful confirmed town player. If we lynch a scum! Web then that too confirms me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 25, 2021, 09:38:42 pm »

And if Lucky is scum, the scumteam gets a free dead Webadict for the death of someone who was on the block anyway ...

I think the mafia team includes, you,Icytea31, and NQT. But I don't have anything solidfying those claims yet. Just a gut read.

Like, worst possible take. These are all powerful players and if you think Webadict is town, it would make more sense to lynch someone who at least you think is scum and then rez them if you're wrong.

The other problem here is that people change alignments when rezzed sometimes.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 25, 2021, 09:38:48 pm »

Why Web instead of TM? because I  trust/distrust Web. He's too townie, but that also makes him quite terrifying as Web is always townie even when he is scum. So killing off web can bring my paranoia at ease knowing Web was either a scum in sheeps clothing or a town player who I can bring back from the dead and make him even more formidable.  I would rather deal ToonyMan some other time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 25, 2021, 09:40:45 pm »

1. You purposely stayed quiet because of your role? That's not something I've ever seen you do as town.
2. You think the mafia team is me, IcyTea, and NQT, but want to lynch Webadict.
3. If you're a scum priest you would most likely resurrect that player back as scum I believe, unless the res goes wrong and they switch alignments (or stay town even? has that happened?)

PPE:
Vector here first.

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 25, 2021, 09:41:34 pm »

The other problem here is that people change alignments when rezzed sometimes.

Well...damn you're right. That too worries me. I just hope everything go as plan.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 115