Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84358 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #1005 on: March 03, 2021, 06:48:28 pm »

BluarianKnight, you still there?

Also, you know Luckyowl's flipping town wouldn't confirm you, BluarianKnight?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 03, 2021, 06:48:50 pm »

Toonyman, if my hand must be forced. All things considered this was probably the conversion last night but there's surprisingly little movement towards it despite the number of people who agree.

To be clear, post-reread I think it's more likely to be Jim, which is why my vote is there. I dunno about everyone else.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 03, 2021, 06:49:31 pm »

Web got mad in a recent game (MVM2), and I think he regretted it.

NQT:
Toaster, the Jim lynch could still happen. Your vote on Vector sure as hell isn't doing anything. Unless I missed a swap off it?

It's still there.  I'm still happy with it, but... Jim?  Ehhhhhh it's better than Lucky for D2.  You'd have to be convincing.  It'd be Toony over Jim for me, anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 03, 2021, 06:51:14 pm »

I agree, he's felt way too not angry. Where are my genuine angry outbursts Web? Of course now that I've said that you'll have to be really convincing.
.......... he and I had a massive fight about this D1
....................................... why don't you go look at that
.............................................................................................. Web trying to be calmer and less volatile is perhaps a maturity-tell, not a scumtell.
You and Web fighting doesn't count.  :-X  Plus I mentioned in my Day 1 reads that my eyes glazed over.

There was certainly the Shadowdump fight recently, but I feel like he's tried to become less insulting since the game we played together off-board when we, er, were trying to avoid moderator action.
This was what I was thinking of yeah.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 03, 2021, 06:52:52 pm »

@Vector:
Also FYI I liked your big reread post because you're right I'm still town...one of the few players who dares to check the facts and not call me a convert.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 03, 2021, 06:54:00 pm »

If at the start of the day someone told me D2 was going to end in a Jim/Toony tie with Web coming second, I'd be quite surprised, but here we are:

NQT's Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: 3: notquitethere, Persus13, Vector
Luckyowl: 1: TricMagic
notquitethere: 1: Jim Groovester
Persus13: 1: Webadict
ToonyMan: 3: Caz, BluarianKnight, 4maskwolf
Vector: 1: Toaster
BluarianKnight: IcyTea31
Webadict: 2: Luckyowl, ToonyMan

Anyone on the fence:

Jim: done very little, made a very suspect bandwagon vote on me with no reason given
Toony: engaged and towny (especially on D1), has a strange interaction with LuckyOwl.
Web: is clearly town, I dunno why anyone would sheep Lucky.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 03, 2021, 06:54:14 pm »

Alright. Let's keep pushing for more.

I mean, that's better than self-voting, but why?

Just gut-reading. But Web have been acting a bit too passive. It's a behavior that felt quite similar to his scum play in Vengekill 13 on day 1 and day 2ish.
This is good. Who else do you believe is scum?

I was pretty annoyed by ToonyMan bogus push so I went to play some games to calm down than make more of a fool of myself.
Wait, bogus push? What alignment do you think Toony is?

I think he's an uninform townie. But still, I got pretty mad by those weak reasons. I'm a lot calmer now. So yeah.
I'm actually more willing to believe this because of their vote on me. I don't think scum!ToonyMan would follow through on it. It's just a little too conspicuous for my blood.

Web, this Persus thing is a blind alley. Look into it D3 if you like, but he's not a candidate for today. Take a look, does this spread catch scum with an hour to go?

NQT's Tally Sheet
Jim Groovester: 2: notquitethere, Persus13
Luckyowl: 2: 4maskwolf, TricMagic
Persus13: 1: Webadict
Toaster: 1: Vector
ToonyMan: 2: Caz, BluarianKnight

Toaster, the Jim lynch could still happen. Your vote on Vector sure as hell isn't doing anything. Unless I missed a swap off it?
Maybe you're right. Out of the top contenders, I'm willing to believe Luckyowl and ToonyMan are Town (which, yes, I realize that ToonyMan just jumped up like 5 places for no reason, you can bug me about it later.) I'd be lying if I said Jim Groovester is my first choice because they're for sure not, but I'm gonna suffer some whiplash for this take, but I'd be okay thinking ToonyMan is Town over Jim Groovester.

If ToonyMan wasn't Converted, than Jim Groovester is the next logical option. They've definitely drifted down in my reads. The problem with this line of thinking is that I have to accept NQT as Town as well. That was definitely a harder pill to swallow earlier Today, but NQT did point out that we've been mindmelding lately, and maybe that's more idicative of their actual alignment then I'm giving credit for.

You know what, I'm gonna drop the vote here and read on both some more.

Persus13 started off Today with a push onto Blue for a potential Vampire fakeclaim and voted for IcyTea31. They shift their stance pretty fast on Blue and I'm not exactly a fan of their NQT and me Townread, but they do bring up a good point about ToonyMan on NQT that I appear to have missed earlier on. Their vote for Jim Groovester is a really big RVS style vote to determine the Convert.[#748] However, in a later post, they believe that Jim Groovester was in fact the Cult Leader [#862]
I honestly don't see the case here. The only alignment-indicative thing in this analysis is the inconsistent read on Jim, but the first link doesn't directly say anything about the convert, and the second is about a gutshot, a separate context.
That's all they've provided today. They haven't pushed for any cases of their own admittance.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:17 pm »

I'm in a weird position where I think Toony is scummier than Jim, but Jim is more likely the converter than Toony.   At least I can agree that either of those two is a better lynch than Luckyowl.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 03, 2021, 06:58:48 pm »

If I had to pick from the current top three, I'd vote for Jim, but I still want to hear from BK before I'll think about that further.

If at the start of the day someone told me D2 was going to end in a Jim/Toony tie with Web coming second, I'd be quite surprised, but here we are:
Might be the fact that I'm apparently going to be awake for the witching hour, but I have this strange feeling I've been here before.

There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 03, 2021, 06:59:18 pm »

I'm feeling good about this wagon.

Jim Groovester: 4: notquitethere, Persus13, Vector, Webadict
Luckyowl: 1: TricMagic
ToonyMan: 3: Caz, BluarianKnight, 4maskwolf

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 03, 2021, 06:59:56 pm »

Can you define that color code, NQT?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 03, 2021, 07:01:03 pm »

Web got mad in a recent game (MVM2), and I think he regretted it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I had to pick from the current top three, I'd vote for Jim, but I still want to hear from BK before I'll think about that further.

Might be the fact that I'm apparently going to be awake for the witching hour, but I have this strange feeling I've been here before.

We know that Blue didn't start as the scumteam. The only thing you'd be gaining is knowledge of whether Lucky is scum or not, and that's only if Luckyowl is pious. I seriously don't think Luckyowl is scum, so it's a wasted vote.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 03, 2021, 07:02:36 pm »

Can you define that color code, NQT?

It's the same as my reads list earlier: green is town, grey is hmm, orange is third party, red is scum. However, that Lucky read is residual, I'm starting to come around to the view that he's a frustrated townie. His play here is identical to Blu's D1. Feels he's facing an uphill struggle, throws in the towel with a self vote, is convinced to actually play.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 03, 2021, 07:02:51 pm »

There's an offsite game where web went full rage mode in the thread?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 03, 2021, 07:03:28 pm »

That's a fast sidestep to Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 115