Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 115

Author Topic: Supernatural 10 - Game Over!  (Read 84378 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 2 has a full house
« Reply #1035 on: March 03, 2021, 07:11:45 pm »

Caz
I gotta point out again that since Jim already said he'd be afk at day end, we are trying to lynch someone who can't defend themselves. -.-
This is nice. You're defending him now, just like Jim defended Juice x3 times.

Web
I also disagree with the Persus13 and the Luckyowl read, but the rest looks pretty accurate.
I get why you'd disagree with the Persus read, but I truly am certain about this from D1. I'm starting to doubt my Lucky read myself.

Tric
Toony is sheeping Lucky as an inducement to get Lucky to play the game, which is very generous of him and maybe borderline genius play.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 03, 2021, 07:12:04 pm »

Toaster and Caz would be the D1 scum team, Jim is the N1 convert.
Huh. You're bouncing around a lot this EoD.
My mind is currently traveling at 1000000000000 miles per hour.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 03, 2021, 07:12:54 pm »

I 100% agree with this.

I'm feeling this pretty strongly, too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 03, 2021, 07:13:53 pm »

Actually, that's a lie. I 95% agree with it.
Swap Persus13 for Toaster and I can agree with it, though.

Toaster is a good backup, though. I never got a chance to read them. Gonna make a legacy.

There's an offsite game where web went full rage mode in the thread?
Never got a chance, and you know it, you monster.
Okay I was wondering what other game you two had played off-site recently lol. I mean, you did rage a lot, but you did keep it out of the thread.

Not that you had a choice in the matter but still.
It's not ToonyMan. It's not Luckyowl either. It's not Vector. It's not IcyTea31. It's not NQT. NQT can be the surprise pick. 4 of these are Town, for sure.

Caz
I gotta point out again that since Jim already said he'd be afk at day end, we are trying to lynch someone who can't defend themselves. -.-

Web
I also disagree with the Persus13 and the Luckyowl read, but the rest looks pretty accurate.
I get why you'd disagree with the Persus read, but I truly am certain about this from D1. I'm starting to doubt my Lucky read myself.

Tric
Toony is sheeping Lucky as an inducement to get Lucky to play the game, which is very generous of him and maybe borderline genius play.
Fair, and I'd be willing to compromise that they can be voted for last in that situation. The more flips we get, the better we're gonna be anyhow, and it's possible we just need more info.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 03, 2021, 07:15:55 pm »

My mind is currently traveling at 1000000000000 miles per hour.
WALL! crash

Toonyman sheeping is bad and you shouldn't do it, and looking at posts your conversion is definitely a thing.
https://youtu.be/0FBdsQRtNaI
Put simply, the town energy you were emmiting yesterday isn't being emitted today. And you have been crashing down into scumminess. Either start thinking or vote for Caz. What makes you think web scum?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 03, 2021, 07:17:12 pm »

"Sheeping is bad and you shouldn't do it" is a take.

Unvote, I can't even with these wagonmates.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 03, 2021, 07:17:37 pm »

This is a sensible conclusion, though it requires ignoring a couple points I've noted on other players. Of course, other team compositions would require similarly skipping a few notes.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 03, 2021, 07:19:30 pm »

This is just a post to say that I'm not going to be around for day end. I have no clue what the vote count looks like right now and I have no idea what's going to happen after I leave, so I'll leave it on Jim for gut read plus defending Lucky while also finding them scummy.
Yeah, nope. Persus13 you aren't getting away with that. I call the webadict!

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 03, 2021, 07:20:06 pm »

I voted for Luckyowl because he's been off all game - and he's done nothing but dig that hole deeper. But after catching up, I swapped over to Toony - for the fact that he's been acting off since N1 - as others have pointed out. His NQT vote is strange as hell - without much reason. So I'm putting my finger at him.
I don't see the point of voting Lucky anymore - he's too safe of a vote, and I'm starting to feel like he's either being sacrificed, or being tossed out by other scum as the easy option.
Toony bussing Lucky, while not impossible, is a ridiculous world. I can't believe Toony would tunnel this badly on a scumbuddy for an entire Day.

Also, you know Luckyowl's flipping town wouldn't confirm you, BluarianKnight?

And? I didn't say it would anywhere in my reply. He's fishy - so I voted him. He's been digging a hole all gain.. but again, I still think it's Toony. I don't like this attempt at a Web wagon - but Jim? Yeah, Jim's been quiet. I still feel Toony's the stronger contender - but I don't mind a Jim lynch at this point either.

I got a bad feeling with the last few posts - I don't know exactly why, but I'm not a fan of a Jim lynch - he could just be busy. I was busy the last two days myself.

Seeing that the Toony vote just disintregated - I'm assuming nobody's going to vote the obv-convert.

A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 03, 2021, 07:21:46 pm »

4mask
"Sheeping is bad and you shouldn't do it" is a take.
Rightly or wrongly, this is actually the default Bay12 position; it's part of what makes the site meta so different to elsewhere. People are expected to have their own reasons for voting.

Tric

Join a wagon, Persus isn't happening today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 10 - Day 1 begins
« Reply #1045 on: March 03, 2021, 07:22:10 pm »

This is a more general read list.  I'm voting based off the Converter Chart, for reasons I believe I've spelled out in detail.  (I hate cults a lot.)

Note:  I'm working on this while watching the evolving clusterflop that is Day End, so this is a living document.

See here for my D1 read list.

Tier List, Day 2

They're fine, whatever tier:  People I don't suspect.  Unordered.

webadict  I'm torn between  "Still could be the converter" and "Is working awfully hard on coming up with content."  If he's not the converter, he's town.  Yes, that's a weird take.
notquitethere  NQT I simply don't find scummy any more.  He's posting a lot, trying to make things happen, and putting the work in.

Slightly Arched Eyebrow tier:  Keeping an eye on these folks.

Caz   He's trying.  Has one read list, which is okay.  I think I jumped too hard on it to start with.  Still would like to see more.
TricMagic  Fallen a bit more, really.  Honestly, I don't have much of a D2 read on Tric, and I suspect he isn't the converter, so here he stays.
IcyTea31  If I was forced to point at a Devil right now, my hand would go this way.  Could also be converter, could also be scum laying low.  Needs more review, needs more content from Icy.
Persus13  The only thing keeping Persus out of the above tier is that he's being consistent.  He's said Jim Scum all day, and is happy to leave it that way.  Unfortunately, I don't see much in the way of other meaningful analysis from him; just commentary.

Don't like their play tier:  People I have specific reasons to suspect.

Jim Groovester   I've kind of forgotten he was playing today.  That's not a good place to be.
Luckyowl   Took him absolutely forever to engage today.  Once he tried, he's posting not terrible things, but it took waaaaaay too long to get here.

Scum tier:  People I'm totally okay with voting.

ToonyMan   Top pick for convert.  Unusual behavior.  Screams at Lucky to vote, promises to vote whoever Lucky votes.  Follows through, despite having Lucky as hard scum.
Vector   Top pick for converter.  I'm seeing a pattern of tiny factual errors, which tracks with a subtle Scum Vector; pushing town just off enough for them to run into a wall.

Claimed Survivor tier: 

4maskwolf is (still) in my "problem to deal with later" tier.  The more he tries the safer his neck is, and he (still) appears to be trying so far.
BluarianKnight  Bigger fish to fry.  Long time to start D2, but he's actually posted now.

I still don't care about lynching a Devil right now, though we have way too many third parties for my liking.

Ugh, I have trouble holding this many people in my head.  I can't do relational tells well at this player count.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 03, 2021, 07:22:34 pm »

@Blue:
That's because I think Jim was honestly playing with town's best interest in mind on Day 1.

Then for Day 2 we get this:
Some random thoughts:

If webadict were scum I think he would just go to sleep. Making in depth reads on every single player is way too much effort to justify if you are both tired and scum. That said, I still don't trust myself to read him correctly in any situation.

I'm liking Toaster more on Day 2 than I did on Day 1.

I'm liking ToonyMan less on Day 2 than I did on Day 1.
I have a dilemma in that I can vote irresponsibly or I can not vote at all since I don't have enough time prior to day end to do another thorough posts.

I have misgivings about notquitethere but not a coherent case.

Luckyowl is indeed playing terribly and has basically disappeared, as has BluearianKnight, and I won't weep for either of them if they're gone but I don't think either of their lynches productively advance our win conditions.

ToonyMan I think is a convert.

Irresponsibly notquitethere, and I'll try to check in before the end of day but I doubt I'll see it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 03, 2021, 07:26:44 pm »

Tric

Join a wagon, Persus isn't happening today.

Call me to join a wagon, and I will Caz. Problems with these low interaction end of day posts along with everything else. But Persus13 has the same issue as Jim by leaving a vote on someone at day end.

Juice was a lynch want for you yesterday. What changed with Caz?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 03, 2021, 07:27:10 pm »

BK's response had the right attitude. Lone Vampire claim is probably true, and thus Lucky isn't worthwhile this Day. We already knew that, yes, but now I'm sure.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 03, 2021, 07:27:24 pm »

...You have a problem with me pointing out you're all trying to lynch someone while they're afk? The trend for going batshit crazy an hour before day's end is stupid and liable to be swayed by scum. Even without hammers.

Can I go to bed now? :L I predict the wagon changing a couple more times before you all agree to lynch me. I'd rather be afk while that happens, for tradition's sake.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 115