Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82824 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2021, 03:38:47 pm »

If you don't at least try to engage, imma daykill you.
If you have a daykill, just do it.
Can you give me an extra day action to use?

The mansion is my doing.

AND?

Well, I'm not going to get at you for a gut read, but if you want to develop a case you're going to have to source some evidence.

...I'm just gonna point both hands upwards in the general direction of the big castle and the fucking doomsky.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And why was the mansion a better use of your day action than shooting Luckyowl?
I figured I should at least give Lucky a chance to participate fully. Killing them in the middle of Day 1 wouldn't give them any chance to develop their mafia skills.

You're more concerned with LO developing their mafia skills over your wincon? Yeah, this is a lie.

@FoU:
Cool, so why quietly make the mansion after Secret said he was going to do a day action?

This, also.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I figured I should at least give Lucky a chance to participate fully. Killing them in the middle of Day 1 wouldn't give them any chance to develop their mafia skills.

So I guess your daykill threat was completely empty since you could have kept your daykill in your back pocket and waited for later in the day to see how Luckyowl's play develops. If he didn't develop adequately you could have shot him later in the day. This would have also given him a chance to develop.

But now you have spent an action and put yourself in a position where you no longer have the option to daykill Luckyowl. This is very convenient.

FallacyofUrist.

One more for you: If (part of) the reason for the mansion was to generate conversation, why not do it earlier in the day?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

One more for you: If (part of) the reason for the mansion was to generate conversation, why not do it earlier in the day?
Well it's served its purpose now, hasn't it? It's not like we're that far into the Day. I think.

So I guess your daykill threat was completely empty since you could have kept your daykill in your back pocket and waited for later in the day to see how Luckyowl's play develops. If he didn't develop adequately you could have shot him later in the day. This would have also given him a chance to develop.
What's forcing him to develop without any pressure on him?

@FoU:
Cool, so why quietly make the mansion after Secret said he was going to do a day action?
This, also.
If I wanted to frame him for making the mansion, for whatever reason, I wouldn't have claimed making the mansion.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Who cares?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One of them being I wanted to use it to create conversation fuel.

All you're creating is a bandwagon on yourself and worry on all sides. Why the hell do that when Secretdorf already announced they were going to day action, AND while I also offered to do so? It's like you wanted to get in there before either of us could.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Why the hell do that when Secretdorf already announced they were going to day action, AND while I also offered to do so? It's like you wanted to get in there before either of us could.
Believe it or not, I used my action before I saw Secretdorf made their announcement, and I never saw your own offering.

Who cares?
I care. Should I care? Maybe not. But I do, and pie to you if you're going to get in the way of my nonsensical stratagems.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why the hell do that when Secretdorf already announced they were going to day action, AND while I also offered to do so? It's like you wanted to get in there before either of us could.
Believe it or not, I used my action before I saw Secretdorf made their announcement, and I never saw your own offering.

Actually you are right on the posting times with what I said, so I'll retract that.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(Still don't understand the LuckyOwl thing at all though.)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K I did figure out why I thought that was because when I made my main post I tried to post it and then it said 'more replies have been posted since blabla' and that's when I saw the thing. But, totally my fault on that.

(chain post forever)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

nobody is voting me? No one even noticed I am here. Very sus.

Luckyowl will probably be the best choice for a D1 lynch. Other than that, I'll wait until I read these few pages, which are suspiciously few.

I'm voting for Luckyowl too.

I'm willing to toss a vote on Luckyowl. too.

NQT: You're all over wagons and counter wagons, what do you make of this nice package?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

I care. Should I care? Maybe not. But I do, and pie to you if you're going to get in the way of my nonsensical stratagems.

Then why didn't you keep the more pressing threat of the day kill to pressure him into being productive?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

NQT: You're all over wagons and counter wagons, what do you make of this nice package?
Lucky is an easy lynch candidate. Happens in almost every game he's in. Traditional wisdom has it 3rd person on the wagon isn't town. So let's see, the order of voting Lucky was:
Secret -> Tric -> Reverie -> Secret -> Bluarian

So if Lucky flips town/third-party then someone in the [Reverie -> Secret -> Bluarian] is structurally a good fit for scum. Might be win-win to try out this theory... but most of all I want to hear what Secret has to say about this countdown.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@NQT:
This means Secret cast the totally-not-ominous countdown.
Maybe. I want to hear what they say.

Toony, that's the correct play regardless of your alignment. I think there's a reasonable chance you might have found something I didn't consider, so I'm looking forward to what you claim it is in the days to come. I've got something else to say but I want to wait until more players have answered your big question.
Care to enlighten now? Everybody but Vector has posted.

@FoU:
As for what the mansion does, I'm not commenting on that.
Why brag about having a day kill in the first place?

I would keep my mouth shut as a town vig until I started shooting people or we were in lylo.

@FoU:
Reasons.
One of them being I wanted to use it to create conversation fuel.
Well it certainly worked.

If I wanted to frame him for making the mansion, for whatever reason, I wouldn't have claimed making the mansion.
I could believe this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Care to enlighten now? Everybody but Vector has posted.
Sure: I was just going to say that I think 3rd party claims will and should be taken less at face value. That's the lesson from the recent crop of games right? Just launch non-town into the stratosphere. I wanted to wait and see if any would genuinely claim. (I think V is smart enough that this wouldn't tip them off if they're 3rd party.)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 97