Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 82988 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes-no I doubt it will do that but at least he'll say something.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't make the mansion or the countdown, my action is non-significant. However, if someone needs a night action...tell me. Jim going crazy after FOU is suspicious to me. There are going to be many actions so why was it suspicious, jim groovester? People on my scumlist are luckyowl/Jim/NQT. In that order. FOU is also bit sus but we can see after what the mansion does helps us or harms us. Reverie, what is your read on Jim/NQT.I am not 3rd party.(wouldn't claim even if i were)

You claimed to use a day ability, then two things end up being used. What does your ability do if not the countdown? Why deny it?

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something came to my mind: reverie, you claimed post restrictive ability but isn't it supposed to be mafia power? Can it help town?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something came to my mind: reverie, you claimed post restrictive ability but isn't it supposed to be mafia power? Can it help town?

I don't know how one could infer one from the other, especially if everyone has roles as fun and colourful as mine. I'm not divulging anything about my abilities until the time is right though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To note, Fal's Mansion play is kinda similar to his Fries play. I recall him being town in that game. Either way the mansion does not seem like a bad thing. Unlike the countdown and Secretdorf's fishing for people to roleblock. That said keeping a luckyowl around who doesn't post is not a good game plan, we kinda need his posts to determine alignment, crazy as they are at times. Keeping him silent is something his team could tell him to do, though rather that would work is another question.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@tricmagic: I didn't do it so how will I claim it? And my action does not generate an action report. Why is everyone being fishy on me when I have told that I didn't do that?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Secretdorf, Tric and Reverie. Calling it now.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile

Duck is tweeting or i wouldve done mroe of a sdlfikjsdlkgjsfawlseikj.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

To note, Fal's Mansion play is kinda similar to his Fries play. I recall him being town in that game. Either way the mansion does not seem like a bad thing. Unlike the countdown and Secretdorf's fishing for people to roleblock. That said keeping a luckyowl around who doesn't post is not a good game plan, we kinda need his posts to determine alignment, crazy as they are at times. Keeping him silent is something his team could tell him to do, though rather that would work is another question.
FoU was mafia in BYOR15.

Reads list when I'm more awake.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

My day action is townish and confirmable. But we need a town player to confirm it. This
However, if someone needs a night action...tell me.
Sure I'll volunteer, what does this entail? I think my role is a good fit for confirming someone's action.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And what evidence makes you say that Caz?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 1: Let The Mage Games Begin
« Reply #296 on: March 21, 2021, 09:44:46 am »

I typed this post last night and never submitted it.  Whoopsie.

NQT:
Toaster, the point is to get a conversation started, right? In itself a useless question gets the ball rolling. Get some conversation. What was scummy about your response? Nothing overtly, I wanted to see how you'd react.

Sorry; I was a bit unclear.  I meant "What is a potentially scummy response to that question you asked?"

MORNING AFTER EDIT:  Well, you've pretty much answered that.  So instead...

Conclusions: Lucky can't even raise himself to the lowest bar of "reading the thread". Clearing his slot is probably sensible. Secret is also moderately disengaged from reading. Vector must have figured I didn't care about the answers because they complained about the questions and then didn't answer the one I asked them, despite it being the most game relevant question I asked anyone.

Why are you voting Secret over Lucky?

Secretdorf:
The countdown was probably just flavour. And I doubt anyone will claim that but maybe luckyowl as they haven't posted after that yet.

I find this a dangerously flimsy assumption.

My day action is townish and confirmable. But we need a town player to confirm it. This
However, if someone needs a night action...tell me.

You can do me as well if you don't want to do Toony.

FallacyofUrist:  Why claim you have a daykill at all outside of "I have a daykill and just shot X player?"

TricMagic:

As Toony said, FoU was scum that game.  How does this change your analysis?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

This feels too easy.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

So thinking on it, we should give Secret a chance to show he's not responsible for the glowing number in the sky: he's offered that in the form of a comfortable action. Someone should take up his offer of a night action. The more players whose actions we can confirm at the mass claim stage, the better position we'll be in.

Luckyowl clearly needs to go.

Ppe: I'm getting townish vibes from Tric, but nowhere near as strongly as in the last game where their wild paranoia was so clearly townsided.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

NQT:  Why'd you only change your vote after I asked, and then not mention me asking you about it at all?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 97