Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 83068 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #690 on: March 24, 2021, 04:49:43 pm »

So Rev, what's the verdict on the basket?
I don't really want to wait 36 hours by the way. We've pretty much put everything from last night together.
No.

I want to determine 4mask's killer. It wasn't NQT if Secret is legit and I just got a Wand from Secret.

I have Caz and Blue listed as NQT allies, but Caz was jailkeep'd and Blue has an actual confirmable action so they're both clean of murder. We need to look deeper.

Hmm, FoU/Caz, Toaster/Jim, or Rev. These are the three I propose. The first and second need to be working together. The second has no action. And then there are those who don't have confirmable actions like myself. (I am fine with just getting wanded though if you think I'm scum. Be bad, but still.)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 24, 2021, 05:18:45 pm »

I have Caz and Blue listed as NQT allies, but Caz was jailkeep'd and Blue has an actual confirmable action so they're both clean of murder. We need to look deeper.

Tric and Reverie are the other non-confirmables.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 24, 2021, 05:20:03 pm »

Are you going to cast NQT's wand on me, btw?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 24, 2021, 05:31:04 pm »

Toony:  For clarity, the bonus mushrooming happened D2, and it didn't happen right at D2 start.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 24, 2021, 05:38:32 pm »

Caz, you don't help. If one were going to confirm anything, Toony would cast it on me, meaning Rev is the one who did the kill if all other parties are telling the truth.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 24, 2021, 05:42:15 pm »

Caz, you don't help. If one were going to confirm anything, Toony would cast it on me, meaning Rev is the one who did the kill if all other parties are telling the truth.

Why would that confirm you? I thought the whole point of using the wands was to confirm whether NQT was lying about their abilities.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 24, 2021, 05:43:52 pm »

NQT is 99% mafia. I'm going to go back and try to figure out who their buddies are while I'm alive today. I suggest everyone else do the same.

Quick gut feelings first...

Town:
Vector
Jim
Toaster

Maybe Town:
Reverie
FoU
Secretdorf
TricMagic

NQT allies:
Caz
Blue

I'm certain he's scum, but I'd probably put my boot on Tric/FoU, or Tric/Caz, by how FoU and Caz both did pretty rough jobs D1, and Tric's claim is still pretty off for me.

NQT.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 24, 2021, 05:56:51 pm »

Why do you two want the day over with before we've found who killed 4mask?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 24, 2021, 06:12:10 pm »

At the moment, that isn't really possible? You said it yourself, Rev and I are the only ones who could have done it if everything else is true. And I don't really trust you not to be playing a game Caz. And I made my pairings, as two people would need to be supporting each other to keep the lie. I don't have a way of telling. If some ways targeting Fal makes more sense than you. What tag does the ability your have to survive have?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 24, 2021, 06:16:23 pm »

The Full Moon happens every three nights after Night 2, so it's Night 5, then Night 8, then Night 11 (as if we would ever get that far, this isn't CYOM2 or something like that).

You were asking if I knew this stuff earlier, Tric?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 24, 2021, 06:22:36 pm »

The Full Moon happens every three nights after Night 2, so it's Night 5, then Night 8, then Night 11 (as if we would ever get that far, this isn't CYOM2 or something like that).

You were asking if I knew this stuff earlier, Tric?
Yep. And yeah, unlikely we will get that far.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 24, 2021, 06:50:03 pm »

At the moment, that isn't really possible? You said it yourself, Rev and I are the only ones who could have done it if everything else is true. And I don't really trust you not to be playing a game Caz. And I made my pairings, as two people would need to be supporting each other to keep the lie. I don't have a way of telling. If some ways targeting Fal makes more sense than you.

Meh, I don't trust you either.

What tag does the ability your have to survive have?

Why you want to know this?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 24, 2021, 07:19:17 pm »

So others can tell it is what it seems to be. So, what is it? Why hide that info?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 24, 2021, 07:27:38 pm »

I trust myself, and losing a tracker isn't the worst if it goes wrong. I don't trust you. And would rather not use the wands in the first place, in which case Toony needs to pass the wand onto someone who won't use it.

I don't really think we can get any more info without using the wand. But I don't want to lose two people. Bad enough to lose Toony. [NQT[] has also gone completely silent, and thoughts have been had. And I really do not want it to drag on for 2 whole days of nothing. Hurry up and report Rev, cause I'm voting tomorrow even if you don't say anything.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 24, 2021, 07:33:55 pm »

Okay. Let's do some deduction.

The game has 13 players. Lucky was an SK. Assuming a standard sort of setup, I'd expect there to be 9 town, 1 third-party player (Lucky), and 3 mafia. Technically, there could be some kind of nonsense like 1 SK, 1-mafia ally who can convert a single person to mafia, and 1 cult leader.

Or just 3 SKs.

But we've seen that Wuba only rarely experiments with that kind of nonsense (as far as I recall), so let's assume that we're dealing with a simple 9-town 1-SK 3-mafia setup. At least for now.

If we want to figure out the scumteam, we can't just look at individual scumminess, we also have to look at connections.

Y'all are focused on what's going on here and now. And I'm happy about that. But at the same time, there are resources we can look at elsewhere.

As far as I'm concerned, NQT and Vector have tangled themselves up together. Barring a frame ability (still possible), only one of them will be mafia. If we don't get the mafia on the first go, we lynch the other one tomorrow. So I'm going to set aside my focus from them right now.

Luckyowl was eliminated yesterday, and even with their lack of participation we can still derive some information by how people hopped on his wagon.

notquitethere, Caz, Vector, Secretdorf, Jimjam, TricMagic, and BluarianKnight. Thanks to our handy-dandy Mamobo, I can easily track where each of those votes was placed from.

(Goshdarnit, Mamobo. It doesn't actually seem to track the votes in order.)

Either way, Reverie is right about one thing, with eight hours to go, I should follow my own advice and coalesce. Vector won't happening and we're swearing off CFDs so I'll have to pick this up tomorrow.

Back to LuckyOwl. Just dreadful showing.
Lucky wagon let's go
Wait, are we at deadline? I'd definitely go with LuckyOwl then. If they're not going to play, then the millstone around our collective necks can leave.
nobody is voting me? No one even noticed I am here. Very sus.

Luckyowl will probably be the best choice for a D1 lynch. Other than that, I'll wait until I read these few pages, which are suspiciously few.
There's what, fifteen minutes left in the day?

I'll toss mine onto Luckyowl for anti-tie safety.
This is the last vote I made on Luckyowl. Till now anyway. Quick note, he's still not awake.
Putting my vote on Luckyowl to prevent a tie, if FoU decides to kamikaze. We'll vote FoU day two, then go from there.

So who put in the most effort? Who put in the least?

From the looks of things? Caz and Secretdorf. For the least.

The remainder seem to have put in roughly the same amount of effort into voting Luckyowl - not much, but more than Caz and Secretdorf. Caz didn't even try to justify their vote, even though it would have been easy. Secretdorf isn't as obvious, but check the timestamp on their vote. Their vote on Lucky was literally an RVS vote they never bothered to remove or even reinforce.

I think there might be enough information lying around for me to build a full case on Caz, now. Secretdorf, I'm not so sure about, given the... wand stuff. Sharing power around?

That said. What makes it better to eliminate one of these candidates first? Is Caz a better scumpick than NQT or even Vector?

One more thing.

BluarianKnight, didn't you say you were going to vote me today? See above.

[NQT[] has also gone completely silent
Well, that's awkward isn't it? Not the best timing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 97