Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97

Author Topic: Magic Mafia MM - Game Over: Mafia Wins  (Read 83048 times)

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Property Values Plummet
« Reply #870 on: March 25, 2021, 07:32:49 pm »

Toony:  Can you explain why on Secret?

Do you think Reverie is scum?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 25, 2021, 07:34:41 pm »

Yeah I think you're wrong, V, but it doesn't matter now. When I flip, everyone will see what I was saying.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 25, 2021, 07:35:27 pm »

Rev, Fal, and NQT. Go figure.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 25, 2021, 07:35:32 pm »

Yeah I think you're wrong, V, but it doesn't matter now. When I flip, everyone will see what I was saying.

You're glad about what I did though, right?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 25, 2021, 07:38:06 pm »

If you mean this that you're actually town then why not make a case on who you think is scum? Makes no sense.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 25, 2021, 07:39:04 pm »

I'd like to note that my actions are very verifiable, as per what I've shared. Anyone can check to see if I used my 'retaliation' ability by acting on me with whatever they please, and then seeing if they're redirected. A tracker can tell if I've used my self-upgrade by making sure I don't target anyone. From the outside perspective, if I target someone with an action and someone targeting me isn't redirected, then I'm a lying liar and should be lynched.

Just... trying to lock things down for the inevitable Night 2.

And yeah, notquitethere has clearly given up at this point, though it's amusing at the very least.

If you mean this that you're actually town then why not make a case on who you think is scum? Makes no sense.
Because NQT's case is 'Vector is scum'... but there's just not that much evidence for the idea, is there?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 25, 2021, 07:40:36 pm »

Caz is asking me if I feel glad about what he did, what do you reckon Toony? This is all going better than planned.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 25, 2021, 07:41:21 pm »

Toony:  Can you explain why on Secret?

Do you think Reverie is scum?

Post coming but yes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 25, 2021, 07:41:39 pm »

Sorry I mean, Caz I've made my case on Vector. It's my word against theirs, there's nothing more to say, right?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 25, 2021, 07:42:11 pm »

Yes, but the "who are my scumbuddies" question springs eternal ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 25, 2021, 07:43:02 pm »

SUDDEN WEREBEAR!

No one is going to target you Fal. And I expect someone is going to end up dead because of it. NQT directing someone to target you by force, they die on arrival, along with however many others.

Even if you aren't mafia, I would expect NQT to do it anyway.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 25, 2021, 07:45:19 pm »

Sorry I mean, Caz I've made my case on Vector. It's my word against theirs, there's nothing more to say, right?
Well we can assure you that if you do flip Town, everyone will dogpile Vector come Day 3. I hope that's some comfort, if you're town.

SUDDEN WEREBEAR!
Fuck you, I'm a Weretavern, not a Werebear.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 25, 2021, 07:55:48 pm »

Caz is asking me if I feel glad about what he did, what do you reckon Toony? This is all going better than planned.

If you were telling the truth about your stuff and you were town, you would be glad. So...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Magic Mafia MM - Day 2: Hats Off For The Shakeragician
« Reply #883 on: March 25, 2021, 07:57:08 pm »

NQT:
Toaster, you realise this say started as a broken thunderdome. Why should I bother producing content no one will read when they've already made their mind up about me? I'm not that masochistic.

Oh I don't blame you.  It was either put in a lot of work to fight a claim everyone believed or throw in the towel, and it was grim for you from the start.  Good try, maybe next game.

BluarianKnight:
I've been busy, but I got what I think either third party or scumread on Jim - he did something to Toony last night.

I feel like this post got missed in the excitement.  Jim did claim targeting Toony; do you have any reason to suspect the action was malicious other than demonic flavor?

So I collated all the reactions to Vector's claim on NQT:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BluarianKnight is the outlier here; the post quoted above is BK's first post of the day.  Why was the claim ignored?  My guess was to post the result as something to contribute while watching the fallout of Vector's claim.  This is suspicious.

Also my suspicion of Reverie goes up when I see this as first two posts:

It's a policy of mine to keep an eye on anyone who asks everyone in the game an RVS question in a concerted effort to look engaged. There's always at least one. So yes, apart from Jim's fluff point I have my own hunch against NQT.

Reverie,  what's the difference between players seeming engaged and being engaged? Do you need me to point to the many games in which I have been town and addressed all players in my opening post, or can I leave that as an exercise for the viewers at home?

Snark or no, shotgun-RVSing the entire lobby comes across as an easy return of investment in the art of looking busy. It's fluff in its own way. Whether or not you do it as town doesn't change the fact that it does get my attention (as someone who talks too much when nervous), and Jim's point resonates with it. But point taken. Unvote.

Quick early distancing?  Can't say for certain no.

Reverie: Top three favorite towntells, go.

I don't really like this question because it feels like giving dangerous advice, so I'll pass. Nice try though.

Everyone: Am I force to answer those...RVS questions?

So right, I don't know this set up very well. Nor do I have a good feel on who might be the scum. So I'm just gonna vote Jim Groovster for having that same attitude from last game.

This is about as bad as copouts get, Luckyowl.

Early vote easy target

During D1, NQT and Reverie are taking shots at each other while watching the Lucky wagon sail home.

Finally, Reverie spends pretty much all of D2 and the last half of D1 focusing on mechanics.  Now granted, there's a LOT of focus on mechanics going on- not that unusual with this many claims including a mafia inspect result- but what I'm not seeing is any analysis.  To top things off, Reverie is in the best place to have performed the Mafiakill last night.  All told, Reverie is now my #2 scum pick.

This post is getting long so no references here but after reading D1 I think NQT and Caz both being scum is very unlikely.  As a bonus, I also think Caz and Reverie both being scum is also unlikely.  So I rate Caz now as "towny enough."

Secret... no reason to suspect him.  Claims a town inspect on Jim, which Toony buys hard.  With the wand shenanigans I feel like stuff is going on that I'm missing, but I pretty well trust Toony, so there's that.  I'd like to hear why Toony says Secret is Locked town, though; that's strong wording.

My read on Jim slipped like a half point away from town but that's just gut; he's still pretty towny.

TLDR:

Obvscum:
NQT

Probably scum:
Reverie

Suspicious:
FoU
BluarianKnight

Uncertain still:
Secret (slight town lean)

Probably town:
Caz
Jim Grovestore
TricMagic

Town:
Toony
Vector

Okay gonna go play video games now
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 25, 2021, 08:02:26 pm »

Have fun Toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 97