Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 45508 times)

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 9/9 [Day 1: Hackers Among Us]
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2021, 08:09:05 am »

EuchreJack
Hm, now that you mention it, it is suspicious that Pref complains about Hedgerow's behavior but joins them in voting me.  Is that a cup of WIFOM?
Why did you agree with the problems with Hedgerow's voting on me, but then vote me?  I can't reconcile those two things.  Explanation?
@Prefuzek: What made you think Hedgerow's post was a "policy lynch"?  What "policy" did I break that meant I that I needed to be "lynched"?
See this is one of the things that makes you suspicious. Why is it suspicious that I don't trust either of you? Why can't you reconcile the ideas that I think you're scummy, and I think Hedgerow is scummy? Hedgerow's vote on you was bad but that doesn't mean no vote on you can ever be good. From a town perspective this suspicion on me makes no sense.

For the last question, see my latest response to Magma Mater.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2021, 08:26:30 am »

EuchreJack
Hm, now that you mention it, it is suspicious that Pref complains about Hedgerow's behavior but joins them in voting me.  Is that a cup of WIFOM?
Why did you agree with the problems with Hedgerow's voting on me, but then vote me?  I can't reconcile those two things.  Explanation?
@Prefuzek: What made you think Hedgerow's post was a "policy lynch"?  What "policy" did I break that meant I that I needed to be "lynched"?
See this is one of the things that makes you suspicious. Why is it suspicious that I don't trust either of you? Why can't you reconcile the ideas that I think you're scummy, and I think Hedgerow is scummy? Hedgerow's vote on you was bad but that doesn't mean no vote on you can ever be good. From a town perspective this suspicion on me makes no sense.

For the last question, see my latest response to Magma Mater.

Ok, I missed your latest response to Magma Mater.  It was late, ok?

What makes you suspicious is NOT your vote on me, but the fact that your first post AFTER ToonyMan started voting you was to place a 2nd vote on another player.  It looks like you're trying to survive rather than hunt scum.  Your argument against me resonated with my play (or lack thereof) at the time, so I didn't notice that at the time.

Question Time!
@Prefuzek: Is it possible for me and Hedgerow to be on a scumteam together? Is it likely?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2021, 08:42:30 am »

@Jack:
For a self-proclaimed sheep your vote on Hedgerow is awfully sticky and not sheepy. Why do you want this Hedgerow elim so bad? Why aren't you vote hopping like a madman?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2021, 08:46:43 am »

So, since we got a new replacement, and a few people that really need to post more, would now be an appropriate time to request a 24 hour extension?  I'm just going to casually float the idea out. 

Also, now would be a good time for any players who haven't posted a reads list to post one.  Failure to do so, at this state, is scummy.

The next warning about read lists will be individual call outs, you DON'T want that.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2021, 08:49:54 am »

Works for me.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2021, 08:52:16 am »

What makes you suspicious is NOT your vote on me, but the fact that your first post AFTER T\oonyMan started voting you was to place a 2nd vote on another player.  It looks like you're trying to survive rather than hunt scum.  Your argument against me resonated with my play (or lack thereof) at the time, so I didn't notice that at the time.

Question Time!
@Prefuzek: Is it possible for me and Hedgerow to be on a scumteam together? Is it likely?
You mean my first post of the game, where I throw out a vote to get some pressure on? You can't possibly think I was trying to start a bandwagon then (and even if I was, early bandwagons are good for info). Toony's vote was unrelated - having one RVS vote on me is not the enormous pressure you say it is. Also, if that's what makes me suspicious, why didn't you say that when you FoS'd me? Is it because nothing you're saying makes any sense and you're just reaching for things to distract me?

It's possible that you and Hedgerow are scum but unlikely. Hedge hasn't posted enough to get proper interactions with you so I'm not ruling it out.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2021, 08:55:12 am »

ToonyMan - not playing normally (because of vet status?). Scum lean
Can you elaborate on this? What is normal for ToonyMan?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2021, 09:06:21 am »

@Jack:
For a self-proclaimed sheep your vote on Hedgerow is awfully sticky and not sheepy. Why do you want this Hedgerow elim so bad? Why aren't you vote hopping like a madman?

Hedgerow hasn't given me any excuse to change the vote, and I'm trying to break the sheep habit.  I was trying to keep the pressure on Hedgerow so they might give me something, but you're probably right.  If Hedgerow is scum, they're not active enough to be a priority threat.

Fine, UNVOTE

I'll start examining Roden and Ronan7.  Maybe one of them gets the FOS?  Maybe not?

Maybe I'll just sheep FOU.  They're a pretty solid player when Town.

What makes you suspicious is NOT your vote on me, but the fact that your first post AFTER T\oonyMan started voting you was to place a 2nd vote on another player.  It looks like you're trying to survive rather than hunt scum.  Your argument against me resonated with my play (or lack thereof) at the time, so I didn't notice that at the time.

Question Time!
You mean my first post of the game, where I throw out a vote to get some pressure on? You can't possibly think I was trying to start a bandwagon then (and even if I was, early bandwagons are good for info). Toony's vote was unrelated - having one RVS vote on me is not the enormous pressure you say it is. Also, if that's what makes me suspicious, why didn't you say that when you FoS'd me? Is it because nothing you're saying makes any sense and you're just reaching for things to distract me?

It's possible that you and Hedgerow are scum but unlikely. Hedge hasn't posted enough to get proper interactions with you so I'm not ruling it out.

@Prefuzek: Is it possible that neither Hedgerow nor myself are scum?

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2021, 02:55:07 pm »

I was trying to keep the pressure on Hedgerow so they might give me something-

I sure hope no one ever loses because EuchreJack puts pressure on them.   :P

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2021, 03:04:13 pm »

So, let's explain it in an easier way: we probably have a doctor, an investigative role, and a bulletproof townie.  We also have other townies, and two mafia members, who know each other.  There are 7 townies and 2 mafia members, or wolves, if that's what you prefer, obviously.

The two mafia members only have to hit us the minimum number of times to win, so if they know who can tank a bullet, they'll shoot another townie.

They already know that everyone is a townie.  The townies don't know who the mafia members are, and assume they're among nine people who anyone can be suspicious of.

So obviously what you're letting them know if you bring the BP forward is who could waste their time.  They're avoiding that man when they start playing; that's what they don't know.

They also can't deal with roles, and roles are inexplicably a townie superiority.

What's suspicious is that we know the initial mistake when you and the first guy talked about bringing the BP out, but we knew that wasn't what should be done when we started.  It was something that could've been argued against, since it would give the advantage to the wolves, so to speak.

And that's something we'd have to deal with.  We had two suspicious people at the start of this game, and the one that kept going to the point of getting lynched was you.

And that's odd.  I wanna keep my vote in.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2021, 03:07:08 pm »

So, let's explain it in an easier way: we probably have a doctor, an investigative role, and a bulletproof townie.
Just to be clear, this isn't possible. Town have two PRs at most.

Do you have player reads at this point?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2021, 03:10:39 pm »

PR is short for Power Role, or a role that has an ability.

In this setup the possible town PRs are Jailkeeper, Cop, Doctor, 1-shot Bulletproof, and Tracker. For mafia they could have a Roleblocker and that's it.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2021, 04:23:00 pm »

PR is short for Power Role, or a role that has an ability.

In this setup the possible town PRs are Jailkeeper, Cop, Doctor, 1-shot Bulletproof, and Tracker. For mafia they could have a Roleblocker and that's it.

:-X I sure wish I was the bulletproof townie.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »

Ok hedgerow please let us know now if you're just going to ignore questions and do your own thing all game.

EuchreJack
@Prefuzek: Is it possible that neither Hedgerow nor myself are scum?
Yes. Why are you asking me these questions?

Magma Mater
ToonyMan - not playing normally (because of vet status?). Scum lean
Can you elaborate on this? What is normal for ToonyMan?
Tough to describe, but he's not quite as wild as normal. Though on reread I'm getting a more positive vibe from him. I'll upgrade to null for now.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2021, 06:58:54 pm »

Rolan7 you need to play, at least Hedgerow is here even if they're being weird.

Eliminating a one-poster is basically a lottery and not ideal in my opinion. Especially in a newbie game where I want newer players to be the ones playing the most.

Is there anything that's confusing you Rolan? I can help with stuff here as long as it's towards a town wincon. I'm not sure anybody else needs any guidance besides Hedgerow honestly. Magma and Roden are both posting well.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49