Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49320 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Jack, what is your POE? Pref and Magma?

Why are you throwing shade on Roden and FoU today? Do you town read them or not? We need strong connections and reads.

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?
Right now I think Pref is a better choice over Magma between the two.

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.
Nah, Magma Mater burned all their town cred at end of day 1, plus this town mislynched.  I give most of you players no credit.  I'm thinking Roden primarily because Toonyman has been consistently wrong in reading people the entire game.  ToonyMan, you have a Giant blind spot when it comes to Roden.

I am giving credit to FOU's in that they don't think Pref is more scummy than Roden, even though Pref voted them and Roden didn't.
This is pretty rude to me and the rest of the players.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

Jack, what is your POE? Pref and Magma?

Why are you throwing shade on Roden and FoU today? Do you town read them or not? We need strong connections and reads.

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.
Nah, Magma Mater burned all their town cred at end of day 1, plus this town mislynched.  I give most of you players no credit.  I'm thinking Roden primarily because Toonyman has been consistently wrong in reading people the entire game.  ToonyMan, you have a Giant blind spot when it comes to Roden.

I am giving credit to FOU's in that they don't think Pref is more scummy than Roden, even though Pref voted them and Roden didn't.
This is pretty rude to me and the rest of the players.

Magma is my person of interest.

I townread FOU, mainly because of why I think mafia killed Blue.  It was a hunt for a power role as you said.  Blue was super lurky, and Magma, Pref, and Roden would have thought that was due to Blue having a power role.  You and FOU would have know that was typical Blue behavior, and not suspected a power role in Blue. 
Also, the only person Blue really looked at was Magma.
I don't think the "maybe Roden" post counts.

You all, except Pref, mislynched Hedgerow after I told you not to do it.  You've played with me before.  You should expect me to be rude to you for that.
Yes, I know it isn't "optimum townie play".  But you were wrong, I was right, you didn't listen to me, and now Hedgerow is dead.

I'm not done reading Pref yet.  Roden is...someone I'll figure out if we're both alive at LYLO.  Which apparently isn't likely, but you have some good points.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Jack you realize how blatantly TMI your attutude looks about Hedgerow right now right?

My mind has been screaming to vote you the entire game. I still only townread you because of your behavior when you were almost dying D1 and Web's read on you. That's it still. If I find any good evidence that Magma OR Pref are clean I want you dead with FoU.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack you realize how blatantly TMI your attutude looks about Hedgerow right now right?

My mind has been screaming to vote you the entire game. I still only townread you because of your behavior when you were almost dying D1 and Web's read on you. That's it still. If I find any good evidence that Magma OR Pref are clean I want you dead with FoU.

I really hate how you throw acronyms out, expecting us newbies to understand them.  What does TMI even mean?

But on the bright side, I've decided to Townread you.  This is your third emotional response regarding Hedgerow's death.  I don't think a mafia player could properly generate it three times.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

You all, except Pref, mislynched Hedgerow after I told you not to do it.  You've played with me before.  You should expect me to be rude to you for that.
Yes, I know it isn't "optimum townie play".  But you were wrong, I was right, you didn't listen to me, and now Hedgerow is dead.
Like holy shit I gave Hedgerow every benefit of the doubt and they did nothing to save themselves. Roden and Magma were there too trying to help. I don't see how we could have possibly done any better given the two wagons between Hedgerow and YOURSELF unless you're actually mafia and I've misread your poor flailing attack on Roden.

Which by the way still makes Roden town if you're mafia.

Also, if mafia fail to hit the other PR tonight it's going to seriously hurt them since it will completely remove a player from the POE. So I'm going to laugh a lot when they miss.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you tell me what TMI means?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I really hate how you throw acronyms out, expecting us newbies to understand them.  What does TMI even mean?

But on the bright side, I've decided to Townread you.  This is your third emotional response regarding Hedgerow's death.  I don't think a mafia player could properly generate it three times.
I'm posting from bed so I can't type fully sorry.

TMI is Too Much Information. In other words, mafia know who town are so it's easy to "avoid" a mislynch and claim towncred for it. Actual town don't have that luxury.

PPE:
Could you tell me what TMI means?
I'm

Trying to

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's one good thing about Jack's posts. It's making Toony town tell as a frustrated townie lol.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like holy shit I gave Hedgerow every benefit of the doubt and they did nothing to save themselves. Roden and Magma were there too trying to help. I don't see how we could have possibly done any better given the two wagons between Hedgerow and YOURSELF unless you're actually mafia and I've misread your poor flailing attack on Roden.
Alright, I'd rather not irritate you any further about this, but I think you need to understand this: Hedgerow couldn't "save themselves".  They were too new.
Saving themselves required an understanding of the game they simply lacked.  I was even there trying to save them, quite a bit actually.  That extra vote thing I was doing could have saved them, until Magma dumped it on.

As a newbie player, I wanted to give Hedgerow D2 experience.  That was definitely not "optimal town play".  I should NOT have done that.  The more veteran FOU would have been a better person to carry over to D2.  Looking over Hedgerow's posts, they certainly thought they were being obvious about being bulletproof.

I would like to stop discussing this, if that is ok with you.  Now that I've calmed down a bit, I am sorry for being so rude to Town.  Most of us truly would have liked to see Hedgerow survive, and my comments are not helping Town cope with that loss.

Thank you for explaining TMI.  People often don't realize that being highly experienced means forgetting the intermediate steps it took to getting there.  Sometimes "newer" people are better at training the first-timers for that reason.

There's one good thing about Jack's posts. It's making Toony town tell as a frustrated townie lol.
Agreed.  And sorry again Toonyman.  Accept my apologies.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack, you or I are the guaranteed night kill tonight. If anyone else dies, they will reveal both scum.
Hm, why not Toonyman? How does that reveal both scum?
Toony never dies if he doesn't get night killed Night 1. Scum was either going to NK him immediately because of his rep, or try to force a mis-elim on him in a MYLO/LYLO situation also because of his rep.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack, you or I are the guaranteed night kill tonight. If anyone else dies, they will reveal both scum.
Hm, why not Toonyman? How does that reveal both scum?
Toony never dies if he doesn't get night killed Night 1. Scum was either going to NK him immediately because of his rep, or try to force a mis-elim on him in a MYLO/LYLO situation also because of his rep.
Hm, that also answers your question of why the NK is you or I.  You're absolutely convinced Toonyman is Town, and I'm mostly convinced Toonyman is Town.

Uh, I don't want to get yelled at for this, but how long should we let Day 2 go for?  It's scheduled to end Monday, and needs to end with a No Vote. 
We could hammer No Lynch and move on to Night 2, then Day 3 whenever we get "enough" information. 
Granted, more time = more information, but its such a long time to go when we already know what we're going to do.  I'm thinking maybe Friday-Saturday, but I got more time during weekends than during the week, so that's my scheduling preferences talking. I'd like to be doing something new on this game during the weekend instead of rehashing.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

My individual reads on each player:

ToonyMan - Town for reasons I've already stated. I honestly still have some paranoia here, and I don't feel great about him continuing to include me in the PoE when I should be an easy town read, but I'm choosing to ignore that for now. If he's a wolf then I'll just blame the moderator post-game for messing with my reads.

EuchreJack - Town based on his willingness to engage with and apply pressure to other players and interact with nearly everyone. His reads have changed often throughout the game, which is something I think can be expected of town.

Roden - I have a town read on Roden, but I'm colouring him yellow to show that my read on him isn't as strong as my read on Jack or Toony. I liked Roden's answers to my initial questions, and I think that the BP conversation is not something he'd do as a wolf. I dislike his recent focus on me, it's shortsighted and there isn't a real effort to deduce the wolf team. It feels like he's only thinking of today, which is what wolves would be doing since they only need the one mislynch to win, whereas townies need to catch both wolves today and tomorrow to win. Overall, I do still believe that he's town, but I could see him being a wolf trying to get the last mislynch he needs for the win.

prefuzek - Difficult to read because he's only made 10 posts. Something I noticed is that he's had trouble justifying his scum reads. In this post his scum read of hedgerow is non-committal, his scum read of EuchreJack is due to him not being erratic enough (not quantifiable), and his scum read of Toony was due to him not appearing as normal, which he backed down from when challenged. He also voted for FoU over hedgerow despite giving a scum read on both, which I find suspicious because it could be an attempt to stay away from something he knows is a mislynch. If he's town I'd like for him to post more often today if possible, because ten posts is really difficult to form a solid read off of.

FallacyOfUrist - To start with, I didn't like webadict's posts. I think I was giving him the benefit of the doubt at the time due to how I felt about ToonyMan, but on a read-through under the assumption that Toony is town, webadict comes off looking pretty bad. He had a really emotional reaction to Toony scum reading him, which I don't think seems reasonable if web is town who thinks Toony is scum. I would expect him to lean / insist more heavily on the idea that Toony is scum, rather than come up with these insane scenarios where he gets himself lynched. And then when FoU replaced in, he makes a post that is mostly filler, with a smattering of relevant material. I also don't get why he forces Jack to make a case on someone when he is town reading Jack - it reads like he's intentionally provoking Jack into a fight with someone else (possibly specifically Roden). Finally, he's chosen to take prefuzek off the table based solely on the fact that he wasn't voting for hedgerow at the end of the day, but from his PoV he should be thinking that prefuzek also voted for town at EoD. I don't see why he would clear prefuzek for that reason.

Given my town read on ToonyMan, here are the possible pairings between EuchreJack, prefuzek, FallacyOfUrist & Roden, where 1 is very unlikely and 5 is very likely:

EuchreJack 
prefuzek2prefuzek 
FallacyOfUrist  33FallacyOfUrist 
Roden141

Roden / FoU team is very unlikely (1) due to webadict's response to Roden after his replacement was announced. I think that would be an unnecessarily harsh way to treat a teammate. It also seems like a legitimately emotional reaction, which again is unlikely from a partner. There's also the fact that FoU provoked Jack into attacking Roden, which would be an odd thing for a partner to do.

Roden / EuchreJack team is very unlikely (1) due to the argument they had earlier in the game. Neither of them had great arguments and the beef seemed to evaporate shortly thereafter, but I still think it's not a natural wolf/wolf interaction to start town-reading each other after an "argument".

EuchreJack / prefuzek team is unlikely (2) due to the way that Euchre latched onto my points against prefuzek. I don't think that's the way that scum attacks their partner... usually they want to come up with their own points in order to get full credit for them. Attacking your partner using someone else's case is not very useful generally.

EuchreJack / FoU team is somewhat likely (3) due to Jack's offer to vote for FoU at the end of the day if hedgerow would vote there first. I'm conflicted on this, hence the 3. On one hand, if they are paired, this could have been a very bad deal for Euchre. On the other hand, since hedgerow didn't vote there we don't know whether Jack would have actually followed through on his promise, or if he would have "accidentally" left the votes tied at the end of the day. I am counting it as a slight point against a Jack / FoU team; without it, I'd rate this pairing a 4.

FoU / prefuzek team is somewhat likely (3) due to the vote prefuzek placed on FoU near the end of the day. I'm not entirely ruling this team out, however, because if they are a pair it's possible that prefuzek thought that his one vote on FoU wouldn't lead to anything. There's also the matter of webadict forgetting to add prefuzek to his reads list.

Roden / prefuzek team is likely (4) due to the lack of meaningful interactions between them. They mention each other once each: Roden gives a null read on pref in a reads list, and prefuzek gives Roden a prob town read in a reads list. This, combined with Roden's insistence that I'm a guaranteed wolf because FoU / pref cannot both be wolves has me raising my eyebrows.

Blue's reads:
FoU said this in his first post of the game... "You [prefuzek] and BluarianKnight are scary good, imo." This could be motivation for FoU to submit a kill on Blue, if he's being honest. It's possible he was trying to get Blue out of the game before he had a chance to share many of his thoughts.

Blue also said that EuchreJack is a wolf and that he's 100x more aggressive than usual.

I don't see anything in Blue's posts that indicate he could have been a power role. I don't think I'm missing anything (there isn't a lot there to go through) so his death implicates one or both of the above.

Conclusion:

I'm going to go with my individual reads and say that the pair is FoU and prefuzek. I think the correct vote for me given my pairing analysis is prefuzek, but obviously I want to hear more from everyone before I make a decision.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Magma Mater: Are you seriously going to vote today?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't really understand how you think my behaviour at EoD was scummy. Can you expand on that please?

While I understand your point, I don't think there's any way Magma isn't mafia. Going by your own reads, Pref/FoU cannot be a pairing. You are going out of your way to help town, above and beyond what scum would need to do to get town read. Jack was a flailing townie on Day 1, and I'm willing to bet the game on it. And I'm 100% town.

From my point of view, Magma is basically guaranteed scum.
Do you think I could be paired with FoU? If not then why are you singling me out instead of prefuzek? If so then who do you think is my partner?

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Magma Mater: Are you seriously going to vote today?
No, are you?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49