Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 45191 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 9/9 [Day 1: Hackers Among Us]
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2021, 02:06:12 pm »

2:06 Votecount

() BluarianKnight
(2) EuchreJack- hedgrow, prefuzek
(0) prefuzek -
() Magma Mater
() webadict
(2) hedgerow- EuchreJack, BluarianKnight
() Roden.
(1) Rolan7- Toonyman
(1) ToonyMan[Veteran Player]- webadict

3 not voting. 5 to lynch.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 02:14:25 pm by TricMagic »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2021, 02:12:09 pm »

@TricMagic: Blue is voting hedgerow also.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2021, 02:16:37 pm »

@Hedgerow:
Got anything to say besides BP mechanics?

No.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2021, 02:18:53 pm »

I want more from my neutral reads. This is also a newbie game so I want to encourage players to post.

I would actually vote Web over you right now Jack, because Web is more likely scum between the two of you.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2021, 02:19:25 pm »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2021, 02:37:24 pm »

@ToonyMan: lolololol. Yeah, okay, you're def scum. So, are you protecting BluarianKnight or Roden? The problem I have is that I definitely can see Roden as Townspewing, and I have no idea where your defense of Blu comes from, which is completely in line with your theory, so I could definitely believe it. I do note that you left Magma Mater off the table for some reason. So let's remove them from the pocket for now, just in case. Just for you.

Doubling down on EJ: I think EJ is one of the easiest reads here. They are wrong about hedgerow, sure, but they are wrong for the right reasons. You're using me to justify your suspicion of them and them for your suspicion of me, which is just B-A-N-A-N-A-stupid.

I honestly think you realize this, because you won't be able to vote me out without being a "priority" kill, which is exactly WHY you're not voting me, and I think you're also not voting EJ because you know I'll chainsaw for them all day. Every Day you don't die is going to be another Day you have to justify your own existence, and leaving me alive allows you to play the WIFOM card.

The only way I get NKed is by outperforming you as "top Town" (fucking lol), which makes it in your best interest to perform, doesn't it? Thus, there is no downside to this play: If you are Town, you will show it. If you are scum, then you will start having to come up with reasonable justifications. Or go after me. That is ALWAYS an option. If I'm scum to you, then you'll have better justification, won't you?

Basically, no matter what, I win. That's all there is to it.

Oh, and EJ, remember that you have to make it look convincing, oh, shit, wrong thread.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2021, 02:40:28 pm »

I want more from my neutral reads. This is also a newbie game so I want to encourage players to post.

I would actually vote Web over you right now Jack, because Web is more likely scum between the two of you.
Then vote me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2021, 02:53:14 pm »

I would prefer to learn more about Rolan and Hedgerow, but sure I promise to aim for your head today. I don't believe town!Web would read me so poorly.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2021, 03:24:57 pm »

I personally don't like throwing down a reads list until closer towards the end of D1. I think the value of reads in the first 24 hours are not very high, but yes every player should share how they feel about every other player before the day is over. I haven't been a mentor before and I don't want to abuse green text much beyond mechanical advice.

I can add some individual reads though.

Pretty sure Roden is town, why? They're openly discussing ways for town to game the Matrix6 system. I believe a mafia player would be hesitant to talk about that idea tbh. Maybe mafia!Roden would, but I'm not feeling it. Their confidence is convincing me they're town.

Side-note:

I found this forum through a game called Gnosia, since someone on the sub reddit linked the game a group played here a month or so ago, and though it was too late to play it got me interested in trying post-by-post.

Haha, really? I didn't catch this the first time reading the thread. It's a little unfortunate how that game went, but maybe we'll get a second Gnosia game that's closer in the future.

Yeah, from what I saw the Gnosia team didn't realize how it was supposed to be played until it was too late. I'd definitely be down to play if another got started up.

Also, your town on read me makes sense from the perspective of a veteran player sorting a new player. And I think it is genuine since the quote of me mentioning Gnosia implies you went through my ISO before making your town read. This isn't a confirmed town move, but I do think town has a reason to actually do that before giving a town read.

I also don't see the point in scum reading a player just because they roll the alignment often. RNG isn't alignment indicative.

It's called scumhunting.  I got a reaction out of Blue, now they can be examined for signs of scum.  In fact, I'm promoted Blue from Always Rolls Scum to slightly scummy for trying to buddy me (it was a weak attack on me, and they voted the same person as me, ergo I'm calling it buddying).  Liked the read list though.  More people should be doing that.  Surprised ToonyMan hasn't thrown that in green text yet.

If Blue is as good at playing scum as you say, I don't think his reaction will be particularly telling tbh. I'd be more interested in seeing who wants to jump on voting Blue tbh. If you're both town then I could see mafia wanting to endorse an easy mis-elim they could then blame you for.

What happens if both of you are alive in an elim-or-lose situation?

If a BP doesn't exist and we have an outed Tracker like in your hypothetical situation, then that means we have a Doctor and no Roleblocker. Doctor then protects the Tracker in secret and we're pretty much set to win. It's not quite follow the cop, but it's a safer alternative since Doctor + Cop does have a Roleblocker.

I like this idea a lot. It's a bit game-y, but hey the wiki acknowledges it's not a perfect strategy either.

I'm not a one-shot Bulletproof Townie.

I saw that strat too but I don't want to rely on it unless it falls in our lap. It just feels a little lame, which is why I originally only brought up BP.

Hm, so you're willing to risk losing the game to look cool?  >:(

Huh? How did you come to that conclusion?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2021, 04:01:03 pm »

I would prefer to learn more about Rolan and Hedgerow, but sure I promise to aim for your head today. I don't believe town!Web would read me so poorly.
And yet, I'm here, trying to read you, and you're hiding behind waiting for others. All I want is for you to do the thing where you do Town things, because it's the perfect excuse to show off in front of the newbies. We can even go tradesies! I'll die first, and then you can die next! If you think I'm scum, that's a win for you. There's legit no downside for you, other than the whole you getting eliminated Tomorrrow. But, if you're Town, there's literally no other choice but for you to assume I'm insane, but that gives you no indication on my alignment, so you'll be forced to try and read me. Or maybe, you'll aim for me dying and pretend that I got what I deserved. I mean, if you're Town, you'll probably think this is some sort of weird gambit, when really, half of it is me trying to find a good way to die and the other half is me trying to see what you'll do because you tend to hold your cards to your chest instead of promptly flipping them around and holding a hand full of cardbacks. So, overall, I expect you to take the offer up, because even if you're Town, you have to take the chance that I'm scum, and if you're scum, you'll try to come up with a plan for when I flip. But, it's really about the amount of thought you put into either one, isn't it? You can't look scummy voting for me as either Town or scum, since that'll affect your play throughout the whole game.

I'm only a short distance away from keyboard smashing.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2021, 04:09:07 pm »

Webadict has asked for a replacement.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2021, 04:33:12 pm »

Wow

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2021, 05:01:38 pm »

Oh. That was unexpected. I had a question for Web too.

I wanted to know, if he thought I was hinting at a PR, why he would openly state that. Why did he then also try to reiterate just how town I am? That's weird to set up a potential PR as easy night kill choice.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2021, 06:56:17 pm »

Oh. That was unexpected. I had a question for Web too.

I wanted to know, if he thought I was hinting at a PR, why he would openly state that. Why did he then also try to reiterate just how town I am? That's weird to set up a potential PR as easy night kill choice.
Oh my fucking god. Sorry, it took twice as long to write this because I had to stop by an emergency center so they could harness the power of my eyes rolling to power a small city.

Because hiding an obvious piece of information is for cowards, and it's exactly what I believe ToonyMan saw, making it a potential easy pocket. That's why I'll fully admit that I'm a Vanilla Townie. Or maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm a Doctor! Oooooo!

I mean, worst case scenario is I have to live with the looming knowledge of Christmas Future's vision. I couldn't honestly care less if it gets you NKed because it's not really my problem who is alive or dead at the end as long as the dead include two scum, and you should take heart in knowing that your death contributed towards that, because it'll keep the people I think are Townier alive.

But, my bad, if you'd like to jump on the wagon ToonyMan's looking to build, then I'll advocate for your death, too. Totally plausible match-up, given ToonyMan's projection.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2021, 07:12:32 pm »

In fact, I'm promoted Blue from Always Rolls Scum to slightly scummy for trying to buddy me (it was a weak attack on me, and they voted the same person as me, ergo I'm calling it buddying).

This rubs me wrong - so I'm buddying for thinking Hedge is suspicious?

I can go worse - I just don't want to be a hardass D1 of a newbie game.

You wanna dig for me? Go ahead, but make a better excuse.

Webadict has asked for a replacement.

Probably for the best. Albeit, I don't like the Toony-train right now. A lot of toot-toot from his end.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49