Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49

Author Topic: MATRIX6- Magic Tric Newbie Mafia 4/9 [Eruption: Fallacy of Logic- Hackers Win]  (Read 49322 times)

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
  • Stray Cat cancels hunt vermin: seeking infant.
    • View Profile

@Magma Mater: Are you seriously going to vote today?
Oh, when I say "the correct vote for me is prefuzek" I don't necessarily mean today.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jack, you or I are the guaranteed night kill tonight. If anyone else dies, they will reveal both scum.
Hm, why not Toonyman? How does that reveal both scum?
Toony never dies if he doesn't get night killed Night 1. Scum was either going to NK him immediately because of his rep, or try to force a mis-elim on him in a MYLO/LYLO situation also because of his rep.
Hm, that also answers your question of why the NK is you or I.  You're absolutely convinced Toonyman is Town, and I'm mostly convinced Toonyman is Town.

Uh, I don't want to get yelled at for this, but how long should we let Day 2 go for?  It's scheduled to end Monday, and needs to end with a No Vote. 
We could hammer No Lynch and move on to Night 2, then Day 3 whenever we get "enough" information. 
Granted, more time = more information, but its such a long time to go when we already know what we're going to do.  I'm thinking maybe Friday-Saturday, but I got more time during weekends than during the week, so that's my scheduling preferences talking. I'd like to be doing something new on this game during the weekend instead of rehashing.
I think we just end it Monday. I can be around for deadline to vote for No Lynch, but tomorrow is a holiday (Canada Day) so I won't be around and I'm not around much on weekends so the extra time would be appreciated on my part.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile

No, are you?
Not unless someone else votes, and it needs to be cancelled out.  So hopefully not!
I'm actually trying to get a No Lynch vote going, but I just read your post, so forget it.  I'll probably just take a mini-vacation from mafia at some point during this Day 2.  No reason to engage for 4 real-life days that are going to end in a No Lynch.

I'd say this post creeped me out the most.  Some of the other comments at end-of-day were explainable, Toonyman even explained part of it, but that one...Ewh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blue also said that EuchreJack is a wolf and that he's 100x more aggressive than usual.

I don't see anything in Blue's posts that indicate he could have been a power role. I don't think I'm missing anything (there isn't a lot there to go through) so his death implicates one or both of the above.
Yes, I totally killed Blue for calling me out as wolf, even though I was voting them, actively pushing for their lynch, and if they survived I totally could have garnered at least a few votes on them.  You saw through my cunning plan to shoot myself in the foot.
I figured a strikeout would indicate this was 100% sarcasm.

Care to build your case against Prefuzek?  Their heart of neutrality is making it hard to read them, lol.
Also, I mislynched them before, I'm trying to avoid doing that again.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?
Right now I think Pref is a better choice over Magma between the two.

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.
While I understand your point, I don't think there's any way Magma isn't mafia. Going by your own reads, Pref/FoU cannot be a pairing. You are going out of your way to help town, above and beyond what scum would need to do to get town read. Jack was a flailing townie on Day 1, and I'm willing to bet the game on it. And I'm 100% town.

From my point of view, Magma is basically guaranteed scum.
Do you think I could be paired with FoU? If not then why are you singling me out instead of prefuzek? If so then who do you think is my partner?
I think Pref and FoU are both scummy, and my gut would say they're a pair. However, Toony doesn't think it's possible they're a pair, so it kind of only leaves you as the second scum due to PoE. I've town read you, but Jack and Toony are damn near confirmed town for me.

Like, I don't want it to be you. If you are scum then you played well as fake town because I read your posts as genuine. I even read your last long post as genuine. But I just don't see how you aren't scum if the pair isn't Pref/FoU.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Toony: Are you absolutely sure Pref/FoU can't be a scum pair?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roden, I hope you don't mind my thoughts, but look at this post, the first vote on FOU (that stuck) was Pref.  There was minimal heat on FOU at that point, and the target of the day was Hedgerow.  Pref could have gone anywhere else to prove they weren't trying to lynch Hedgerow.  Thus, little likelihood of a scum paring.  I don't believe in "impossible", so just highly unlikely.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's 4:30am local time, so low effort reads list, and limited association analysis:
Reads List:
Toonyman: For various reasons, I read as almost certainly Town
FallacyofUrist: Probably Town, some doubts
Roden: Good discussion and thoughts, but mostly trusting to Toonyman on this one
Prefuzek: Heart of neutrality, good way to hide as mafia.  Alright, I'm going to say it, "Seemed more interested in looking town then hunting scum". TMI
Magma Mater: Had a lot of good strategy advice that earned them Town cred, but mostly poked around and contributed nothing

Teams seem to be FallacyofUrist/myself, Toonyman/Roden, and Prefuzek/Magma more due to process of elimination and lack of interaction more than anything else.
But since of those 3 teams, one has myself and the other has Toonyman.  So the remaining team is Prefuzek/Magma, or some less obvious team.
@Magma: Sorry, but you can pretty much be teamed up with anyone but Toonyman.  You didn't really engage with anyone else.  All other combos are viable, which paints a big POE on you.  I am interested in seeing where you're going with Prefuzek, however.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Blue also said that EuchreJack is a wolf and that he's 100x more aggressive than usual.

I don't see anything in Blue's posts that indicate he could have been a power role. I don't think I'm missing anything (there isn't a lot there to go through) so his death implicates one or both of the above.
Yes, I totally killed Blue for calling me out as wolf, even though I was voting them, actively pushing for their lynch, and if they survived I totally could have garnered at least a few votes on them.  You saw through my cunning plan to shoot myself in the foot.
I figured a strikeout would indicate this was 100% sarcasm.

Care to build your case against Prefuzek?  Their heart of neutrality is making it hard to read them, lol.
Also, I mislynched them before, I'm trying to avoid doing that again.
They did make a case, right before, in their big impressive post.

Magma Mater: Had a lot of good strategy advice that earned them Town cred, but mostly poked around and contributed nothing
Huh? Do you really feel Magma has contributed nothing? This is such a disingenuous read.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Toony: Are you absolutely sure Pref/FoU can't be a scum pair?
No. It's not likely though.

Magma Mater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, are you?
Not unless someone else votes, and it needs to be cancelled out.  So hopefully not!
I'm actually trying to get a No Lynch vote going, but I just read your post, so forget it.  I'll probably just take a mini-vacation from mafia at some point during this Day 2.  No reason to engage for 4 real-life days that are going to end in a No Lynch.

I'd say this post creeped me out the most.  Some of the other comments at end-of-day were explainable, Toonyman even explained part of it, but that one...Ewh.
I was under the impression that we needed five votes to kill someone. I didn't realize that he'd be dying anyway, which is why I called for you to hammer. I'm struggling a little bit with the rules because they aren't always clear.

If Pref vs FoU isn't scum vs scum, then even if there is one scum between them, by PoE due to my town reads the second scum has to be Magma. Does this make sense? Jack Toony and I seem to all be town reading each other, so it literally only leaves Magma, right?
Right now I think Pref is a better choice over Magma between the two.

Magma is the highest town read player by quite a bit so if we want to give us players any credit then that's one reason to pick Pref over Magma first.
While I understand your point, I don't think there's any way Magma isn't mafia. Going by your own reads, Pref/FoU cannot be a pairing. You are going out of your way to help town, above and beyond what scum would need to do to get town read. Jack was a flailing townie on Day 1, and I'm willing to bet the game on it. And I'm 100% town.

From my point of view, Magma is basically guaranteed scum.
Do you think I could be paired with FoU? If not then why are you singling me out instead of prefuzek? If so then who do you think is my partner?
I think Pref and FoU are both scummy, and my gut would say they're a pair. However, Toony doesn't think it's possible they're a pair, so it kind of only leaves you as the second scum due to PoE. I've town read you, but Jack and Toony are damn near confirmed town for me.

Like, I don't want it to be you. If you are scum then you played well as fake town because I read your posts as genuine. I even read your last long post as genuine. But I just don't see how you aren't scum if the pair isn't Pref/FoU.
Toony is also saying that it can't be me / FoU. Why are you ignoring that?

It's 4:30am local time, so low effort reads list, and limited association analysis:
Reads List:
Toonyman: For various reasons, I read as almost certainly Town
FallacyofUrist: Probably Town, some doubts
Roden: Good discussion and thoughts, but mostly trusting to Toonyman on this one
Prefuzek: Heart of neutrality, good way to hide as mafia.  Alright, I'm going to say it, "Seemed more interested in looking town then hunting scum". TMI

Teams seem to be FallacyofUrist/myself, Toonyman/Roden, and Prefuzek/Magma more due to process of elimination and lack of interaction more than anything else.
But since of those 3 teams, one has myself and the other has Toonyman.  So the remaining team is Prefuzek/Magma, or some less obvious team.
@Magma: Sorry, but you can pretty much be teamed up with anyone but Toonyman.  You didn't really engage with anyone else.  All other combos are viable, which paints a big POE on you.  I am interested in seeing where you're going with Prefuzek, however.
Contributed nothing, are you joking? You agreed with my points multiple times throughout the day. This doesn't make any sense.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Currently think Pref is the likeliest hit.

If Pref is town we lose tomorrow so I'll try to ISO them myself today.

If Pref is mafia I think I can officially clear Jack and FoU from being mafia no matter what they say or do. Leaving Roden and Magma as the possible partner. I'll also try to determine this myself today since I'm not as optimistic as Roden that mafia would only kill between Roden/Jack and not just kill me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

@Magma:
If you're town I really think it's Pref/Roden. FoU has no team synergy with anyone but Jack, however if Pref is mafia then there's only one mafia left which removes Jack/FoU completely in my opinion. I don't see Pref/FoU myself and I truly believe that was town!Web reading town!Jack if Pref is mafia.

My only problem with Pref/Roden is why they killed Bluarian last night and not you. Roden suggesting you first over Pref and their complete lack of interactions with each other could be the answer.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm recovering from my second covid shot today so don't expect too much from me yet. I'm typing with one hand because my left arm is very sore.

Peoples' reads (esp. ToonyMan's) make no sense. Roden, Magma, and Jack are obv town so scum are FoU and Toony. Even if you don't trust me there's no way you should believe ToonyMan's "one of roden and magma are scum" thing.

It's dumb that we go straight from D1 to MYLO.

prefuzek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FoU and Toony were the second and third on the hedge wagon. Roden's probably ok because he was the first, Magma just voted to avoid ties. FoU is still scummy for the reasons I gave yesterday (which he never addressed - a solid scumtell on its own) and I'll try to look more into Toony. I'll also check up on my town reads at some point.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 49