Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38

Author Topic: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale -- TURN 14  (Read 25700 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cosmic Throne: A Magic Battle Royale
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2021, 12:45:13 pm »

High rolls do lead to pretty good results. Overextending magicks meanwhile leads to downsides as was seen in evolution of traits. Though if they had a source of creatures to mutate from that likely wouldn't happen. If I didn't have a source of the abyss wrapping the keep of apathy, doing so much from so far in that way would certainly not work. Not to mention needing to have a bead on said mystic, but others can create farsight artifacts. Or a Gazer creature.

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2021, 02:14:22 pm »

((Same, i don't think you've broken any rules either, knightwing.))

((I don't really like rating people, as it can be discouraging to players, while not really being useful for predicting the outcome of the game or any encounter. Rather here is a small analysis of each Mystic, ordered in what i think is the ranking of the strength of all assets combined.

(Please, do not use the information below to metagame! ty :)) Just forget you ever saw this... Please.)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2021, 02:27:49 pm »

(If things do come to blows between Yellow Pixel and King Zultan, Who do you think will win?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2021, 02:28:43 pm »

Am unsure, since the pixel creatures are 2d, when they face forward, it would be difficult to see the,

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2021, 02:52:43 pm »

Am unsure, since the pixel creatures are 2d, when they face forward, it would be difficult to see the,

I’m confused, Was that a joke or did you miss a word?  :)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2021, 02:58:11 pm »

The comma is close to the m, I meant to type them
I’m using an iPad keyboard

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2021, 03:00:24 pm »

The comma is close to the m, I meant to type them
I’m using an iPad keyboard

I feel the pain. I actually normally type on iPad so sometimes my words get messed up, iPhone is even worse tho, Trust me.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2021, 04:00:09 pm »

wait someone is attacking me?
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2021, 04:09:33 pm »

wait someone is attacking me?

I thought tric was attacking you? Was I mistaken?

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2021, 04:38:04 pm »

I don’t know.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »

(( To address the multi-action thing; I most definitely did mention in the first post that the idea was to limit things to one main 'spell' so to speak. There are certainly some small scale expections to that, none of which has been truly outlined in detail, many due to the shortcomings of my own desire/ability to affix proper rules to everything. Just being as much of an open-ended experience as this is, there are undoubtedly going to be times when interpretations of my very vague rules are going to differ. For instance, as Naturegirl says, creating the Great Hoppers and Mantids in the same turn, one could argue that it's two seperate spells, one could argue it was a single incantation to summon the both of them. In this specific case, I like to view it as two very similar effects takkng place, and therefore is meaningfully one action. I believe if she would have instead created more, let's say six different creatures at once, we would have seen more penalties or outright failures. Much like Amon's multi-conceptual magic.

On the other hand, we have a scenario in which ? Has weaved two notably different actions, being both creating weapons/armor, while also eroding the shoreline. I do buy into the argument of ? Being within a locus of power perfect for them to some extent, and I genuinely believe such things should matter. However, I also will admit that I am generally very lenient when it comes to the interpretation of my game, of which I have limited experience running. On one side, I want everyone to be able to enjoy the experience in a relative sort of asymmetric way however they've chosen, but at the same time I'd like to keep things bearing at least a smidgen of balance, to which making multiple disparate actions at once in magick casting can heavily weigh the scales in one direction.

Moving forward, I want to look deeper into utilizing maluses toward rolls when there seems to be a reach around the single action rule. But at the very least I'll ask you all to look toward what the other players are doing with their actions, and attempt to keep things relative. I know this answer is just as vague and non-definitive as the rules themselves, but I hope it makes some semblance of sense, mainly I want to trust that everyone will self-restrain themselves to a point where the game is meaningful in each action, but not unfair beyond the roll of dice, being that it is PvP at the end of the day.

I won't ask anyone to change anything drastically at this time, and certainly won't be altering what has already occured. Just to think towards the points everyone's made thus far as we continue playing. With that said, if anyone has anything else to add that would help resolve any gray areas like this, I'm happy to hear it. ))

(( Also BlackPaladin, the other Mystic on the eastern continent where Hood is currently located indirectly made the sea swell up, allowing the fish to attack you last turn. They didn't directly attack you so to speak. I don't recall if anyone answered your question about your location on the map, but keep on eye on the key below it, Hood is the mystic colored in red. ))

(( And Knightwing you may be vastly underestimating The Shapeless Apparition. :P   ))
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 05:27:55 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2021, 07:14:59 pm »

(( And Knightwing you may be vastly underestimating The Shapeless Apparition. :P   ))

NONSENSE!

(Yeah, I could have been.  :) )

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2021, 09:19:23 am »

(So, I told my moving rock to do something useful, And it’s been moving me to the magic chair. What’s gonna happen when I make it?)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2021, 09:40:01 am »

(So, I told my moving rock to do something useful, And it’s been moving me to the magic chair. What’s gonna happen when I make it?)
((you’ll have to find out when you get there))

Strik3r

• Bay Watcher
  • Persistently work-in-progress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2021, 09:40:35 am »

(A whole fat load of nothing i figure, and needs to be fuelled by BLOOD of seven mystics to do something.

If it does happen to do anything when you reach it, expect yourself to get insta-sniped and piled by every other mystic. :P)
NOTICE: If you can't update your profile/signature, stop using a Imgur URL for your profile picture.
Upload it to somewhere else.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38