Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 61013 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Night 3
« Reply #930 on: December 30, 2021, 12:32:28 am »

@Toaster: I'm hurting too from the reveal that we just killed a child with tracking.

Notice how the thread hasn't been locked during the night.  Maybe that is why the day numbers skipped.

TolyK wasn't talking enough, and frankly I hadn't planned on having such a large role in this day.

Did you see a reads list? No? It's because I didn't have time!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 30, 2021, 12:36:36 am »

@Toaster:
I don't fully agree with this. I think Jack is being honest that they didn't expect FoU to hammer. I also don't see much synergy between Jack and FoU. I'm almost certain Jack is town based on their game start behavior and solo bumbling.

@Jack:
This game is odd for me because I have a huge amount of info and people to bounce off with in the mason chat as well as the dead chat. I don't think I've ever had this much access to a game before it feels like. I hope I'm not forgetting to mention things in public too much, because my game sense has felt extremely high.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 30, 2021, 12:43:01 am »

Well now I wish I'd been around to flip out more when Jack first voted Roden  :-\

- I'm not ready to call Jack scum just yet, but it's looking slightly more possible? Right now I'm thinking he really did just get conned, but he'll have some 'splaining to do tomorrow.

- Fal played that really brash. Based on that alone, I'm inclined to believe he has a teammate; a lone scum player can't afford to get into that kind of firefight.
That said… if someone has meta reads on Fal that suggest he'd do it anyway, I'm willing to listen.

- Unless somebody had an autokill that fired, Spin's our sure suspect for Jim's death.

my Fal/Spin tinfoil-team grows stronger

- Fal could have hammered Roden, and didn't. I… don't have a non-WIFOMy guess as to what that could mean.
(Chances are, it just means Fal wasn't online at the time.)

I don't think this is necessarily true. Even if I were told as much by webadict, explicitly, OOC, I would feel obligated to express the possibility that it's still part of the game somehow. Have you tried asking how explicitly he was told? (Genuine question, I just said I haven't read anything else yet)

Aeos. Helia represents "Webadict", which is confirmed a different alignment - see webadict's partial flip:
Missing Information from Day 1: webadict was the Webadict (Webadict).

Helia said she was Pro-Webadict, but I was also explicitly told she had lied in a separate situation, so, she's a liar.

Yeah alright, I'll concede these two points. TolyK confirmed the apparent OOC-ness of their wincon change, and I can confirm from one of my abilities that "Webadict" is an alignment as well as a role.

Tomorrow might be LYLO-adjacent assuming a 1P scumteam, 1 cult conversion, 1 Webadict.

As mentioned above, I've social-read reasons to think Fal had a teammate—hopefully I'm wrong.
We'll regroup with what we've got D4. Even if town winds up a minority, we should still have enough shenanigans handy to potentially win. The game won't end, at any rate.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 30, 2021, 01:26:42 am »

...how do I get this far, and still hafta justify everything I say with a "maybe-it-is-maybe-it-isn't" statement
have I learned nothing

Y'know what, I'm committing. Let's hypothesize: Toonyvectoast town, Roden and Jack slightly-misled town, Fal and Spin scumteam.

Decent start, but I still hafta peg down a potential convert. Egan threatened to target one of the people who voted him: yours truly, Jim, Spin, and Vector. I can rule myself out. Egan can't have tried to convert Jim, because TolyK only saw me and Spin visiting Jim. It could be Spin, but Fal's play today leaves me believing he still has an active partner. That leaves… huh. Vectoast.

Toony thinks he'd know if Vectoast went cult. Still, I need to reread Toaster's D3 play tomorrow.
Toony: How would you know if Vectoast went cult? I recall they answered the same question about you earlier to-Day, in the negative.

If Vectoast falls in the clear, that's all the people Egan threatened to target. That would leave us with the three living players who weren't on "the list": Roden, Jack, and Toony. It wouldn't be any of the players who died D3, 'cos we already have their roleflips.

Convert speculation is fuzzy enough still, I'll feel better just hunting down Anti-Antis for the time being. They're easier to read, and presumably have a factional kill.

klonk
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 30, 2021, 01:53:41 am »

^ Superdorf is, in my opinion, right on the money. Those are some good posts.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 30, 2021, 05:07:04 am »

I gave my thoughts and recommendations Jack. I encourged a Max vote over TolyK and I still do. I strongly recommend voting FoU or Max tomorrow after they try to kill me tonight. I think Superdorf is still super town.
I honestly feel like, since webadict isn't a player, you've picked me to tunnel instead. I guess we are both... acerbic.

@Toaster:
I don't fully agree with this. I think Jack is being honest that they didn't expect FoU to hammer. I also don't see much synergy between Jack and FoU. I'm almost certain Jack is town based on their game start behavior and solo bumbling.
Have you considered the possibility that Jack is Egan's convert? We don't know what kind of connections Fallacy and Egan had. (One thing I thought: I've been chatting with figments here and there, maybe Aeos is a go-between even if we assume they don't share a chat?) (I am basing that assumption on the "if there were any" in Egan's flip, but maybe that's misdirection, I acknowledge) Unless you do, and Egan is saying something interesting in the afterlife? I more or less believe you aren't just being that ballsy to claim that out of the blue.
Frankly, I'm also perfectly willing to believe Jack is good enough at playing mafia to convince you. In contrast, I am not willing to believe that Jack is dumb enough not to think Fallacy would hammer, especially after TolyK explicitly said not to throw out votes like that. There was absolutely no need for those votes. I mean, no town need.
I will say one thing, though: I could potentially buy that they don't have a chat together, since Jack seems like he was doing a "I'll cycle through and you hammer when I get to the one you want" sort of thing. But that could be my imagination, I dunno.

Superdorf: You seem pretty solidly town and I'm not sure how I can convince you, but I just want to say... I hope to god I never get stuck with Fallacy as a mafia partner. You think I'd let him do this crap? Okay, maybe, I've bussed people before, but there's always been some good reason to BEFOREHAND. I know it won't do any good since you believe I'm scum, but my opinion is that Fallacy is chaotic as hell and this:
That said… if someone has meta reads on Fal that suggest he'd do it anyway, I'm willing to listen.
is absolutely the case. I don't know if he's lone or not, he could be paired with Jack or with Egan or with the moon for all I feel confident saying.
I don't usually like to admit this kind of thing, but in my mental model of mafia, Fallacy is pretty much just a big red spot labelled "DANGER: UNINTERPRETABLE". I don't know what to think about him one way or another in the best case because he always looks scummy, yet in every possible direction. I guess it's fair to say that this has led me to downplay him, but it's not because I want to defend him, it's because I think "we'll just execute him when we're good and ready regardless". I feel about him sort of the way ToonyMan feels about webadict.
I do think we should... probably be good and ready now.

Ugh, I feel like this isn't as helpful as I wanted to be. I don't know. Look, I know that I'm not doing great this time. Well I guess I correctly pegged Egan. And there's still absolutely no reason to think I'm wrong about the "masons" other than "everyone else trusts them because it's not like they aren't perfectly experienced players capable of pretending to be town or anything", ugh. Okay now I feel better about myself but worse about EVERYONE ELSE.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 30, 2021, 05:17:20 am »

Hahaha, shit. I just realized. Fallacy is a cat.
It didn't even occur to me, damn it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 30, 2021, 07:53:27 am »

Hahaha, shit. I just realized. Fallacy is a cat.
It didn't even occur to me, damn it.

Uh, yeah. I thought that was explicitly stated. Does that mean anything to you? I've mostly just saw it as annoying.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 30, 2021, 10:05:12 am »

Fallacy obv scum. Cats are evil AF

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 30, 2021, 02:36:26 pm »

Toony thinks he'd know if Vectoast went cult. Still, I need to reread Toaster's D3 play tomorrow.
Toony: How would you know if Vectoast went cult? I recall they answered the same question about you earlier to-Day, in the negative.
I can't know anymore. Webadict confirmed in the mason chat after that we wouldn't be told of conversions after the game has started. This is the same way it worked for my mason chat in Magic Mafia with 4maskwolf. We were alignment confirmed at only the start of the game.

Have you considered the possibility that Jack is Egan's convert? We don't know what kind of connections Fallacy and Egan had. (One thing I thought: I've been chatting with figments here and there, maybe Aeos is a go-between even if we assume they don't share a chat?) (I am basing that assumption on the "if there were any" in Egan's flip, but maybe that's misdirection, I acknowledge) Unless you do, and Egan is saying something interesting in the afterlife? I more or less believe you aren't just being that ballsy to claim that out of the blue.
It's possible. There's no way Egan wouldn't try to convert someone on N1 and we now know for sure they didn't try to convert Jim. Top choice for me would be Vector-Toaster, however it's a very awkward position to be in. I can't tell if Vector was converted between D1 and now currently. The last thing I want to do is go against my own mason partner due to incorrect reasoning. The good part now is that Egan is gone at least.

Meanwhile, in the Dead Chat:

1. TolyK can confirm that Max is not Anti-Webadict. They used their first ability here and got a response from Webadict while dying.
2. TolyK still wishes we could have all died together and won together.
3. Egan won't say who they converted.
4. Egan claims they'll be ressing TolyK.
5. Jim wants FoU to lose.
6. Jim wants to stay dead because they have no strong night abilities and because they can keep inviting a Player into the Dead Chat each day. (They invited me on D3 for example).
7. Tric is sick and doesn't think they're the best choice. They said they can kill Knightwing and that's about it.

I don't really have any good targets to res so I'll pick Tric. Jim wants to stay dead and I don't know what Egan is doing with TolyK. I could try to combat that, but I think it would come down to a coin flip on who gets to TolyK first. Tric can at least do some stuff tomorrow.

So Max, if we believe TolyK: you are not Anti-Webadict. Are you working with FoU or not? It's not a tunnel if I'm right.

Fallacy obv scum. Cats are evil AF
Very true.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 30, 2021, 03:48:31 pm »

There's a problem I'm having.

I can't actually use my res tonight because of this item someone gave me before the day ended...it's called a Lucky Rabbit's Foot and the attached ability on it is actually kind of bad. I thought it would be helpful, but I guess Egan was the one to claim they gave it to me and they don't have a reason to help. I can deal with this Lucky Rabbit's Foot tonight, but attaching the ability back would use up my night action. Actually giving the Foot to someone else is a free action, but currently there's nothing on it.

This was clearly an act of sabotage.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 30, 2021, 05:44:47 pm »

Happy news: got my booster shot today!
Less happy news: I kinda feel like garbage! Doing a little better now than this morning, anyway.

There's a problem I'm having.

I can't actually use my res tonight because of this item someone gave me before the day ended...it's called a Lucky Rabbit's Foot and the attached ability on it is actually kind of bad. I thought it would be helpful, but I guess Egan was the one to claim they gave it to me and they don't have a reason to help. I can deal with this Lucky Rabbit's Foot tonight, but attaching the ability back would use up my night action. Actually giving the Foot to someone else is a free action, but currently there's nothing on it.

This was clearly an act of sabotage.

...so. Silly idea.
I have an empty BOX I can give someone as a free action. Maybe if I give it to you, you can put the Rabbit's Foot in it and... it'll nullify the effect? Somehow?

I've no idea what the BOX is for.

klonk
Sigtext

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 30, 2021, 06:34:23 pm »

Okay, give me the BOX.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 30, 2021, 07:40:38 pm »

Uh, yeah. I thought that was explicitly stated. Does that mean anything to you? I've mostly just saw it as annoying.
Yes, it means something to me. It means that Fallacy did the kill.
Think about it - of course a cat would be able to slip past people unnoticed.

1. TolyK can confirm that Max is not Anti-Webadict. They used their first ability here and got a response from Webadict while dying.
[...]
So Max, if we believe TolyK: you are not Anti-Webadict. Are you working with FoU or not? It's not a tunnel if I'm right.
Ah, so TolyK's genius idea panned out the way I was afraid it would?
TolyK can't confirm what you just said, in fact: read the post you linked again, look at the sentence.
Then read this post:
Oh, I forgot I was going to add, I know about an alternate wincon for Anti-Webadicts that *seems* to be unique to my role, and nobody else has mentioned it yet, but I'm not going to describe it yet as it is both not currently accomplishable, and also, doesn't really require anyone to do anything different from usual when it is accomplishable.
I have my own unique wincon. I already told you that ages ago. It does apply to "everyone of my alignment" but it is not the standard Anti-Webadict win condition (and presumably it could, eg, become a Pro-Webadict win condition if my alignment changed).

You guys could have just asked about my alignment. There was no need to make it more complicated, and you ended up learning nothing.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 30, 2021, 08:30:42 pm »

Yes, it means something to me. It means that Fallacy did the kill.
Think about it - of course a cat would be able to slip past people unnoticed.

...you might be onto something there.

I have my own unique wincon. I already told you that ages ago. It does apply to "everyone of my alignment" but it is not the standard Anti-Webadict win condition (and presumably it could, eg, become a Pro-Webadict win condition if my alignment changed).

You guys could have just asked about my alignment. There was no need to make it more complicated, and you ended up learning nothing.

Alright. What's your alignment? Is your "unique wincon" exclusive to the Anti-Webadict wincons—that is, would your winning that way prevent Anti-Webadicts from winning?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 82