Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75

Author Topic: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Game Over: Town Win  (Read 54258 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Webadict's Simple BYOR 2 - Day 1: Murder Most Foul [9 / 9 Alive]
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2022, 11:08:33 am »

I'm voting Toonyman, although he has done a good job of making it look personal rather than a build up due to constant scummy Toonyman behavior.
So dunno if any support on the Vote Toonyman campaign trail.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2022, 11:11:44 am »

Vote count program has been updated to account for WHEN a player was voted! Votes are now ordered chronologically (Non-voters are still sorted alphabetically.)!

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf - 0 -
EuchreJack - 0 -
Jim Groovester - 0 -
Knightwing64 - 1 - Roden*,
Maximum Spin - 1 - ToonyMan*,
Roden - 3 - Vector*, Knightwing64*,
ToonyMan - 1 - TricMagic*,
TricMagic - 0 -
Vector - 2 - Maximum Spin*, Jim Groovester*,
No One - 0 -

Not Voting - 2 - 4maskwolf*, EuchreJack*,

5 to Hammer. Day ends on March 24, 2022 at 20:00 CDT (~28 hours remaining).

Note: The current vote is being decided by lurkers Knightwing64 & Vector. If you would like the vote to be decided by actual participants, you need to outvote Team Lurker.

Vector & Toonyman now have two each, due to votes after the above votecount.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2022, 11:17:01 am »

Tric is probably town and we aren't fucking hammering Toony.

Nice OMGUS Roden, proud of ya. It's clear the forum raised you right.

Vector Profile Page

So Vector is AWOL.  Suspicious since Vector did the same thing when we were scumbuddies.
I would say either Vector or Toonyman would be viable votes.  Either as scum could be setting the other up for a Day 2 lynch.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 24, 2022, 11:24:08 am »

Hi, got prodded by Webby. Sorry for being AWOL. Rereading now.

We're suspecting me for a. not announcing that I'm a double voter while b. taking actions that make it clear I'm a double voter?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 24, 2022, 11:26:30 am »

Oh, PS: It's automatic. Duh-doy.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 24, 2022, 11:33:50 am »

Unvote

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 24, 2022, 11:49:50 am »

Reads:

I read Euchrejack as town even before his in-thread revelation. The reason why is that I don't think he's very good at playing scum yet and it's been pretty obvious the last few times what was going on.

Roden autovoted me (which is what I was checking for by dropping a hot vote and leaving, although I left longer than intended) but seems on the whole much less homicidal than last time he played scum. I don't want him dead D1.

This Jim post is pinging my gut:

EUCHREJACK'S PLAY REGULARLY BEING COMPLETE NONSENSE IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY OUT OF CHARACTER FOR HIM.

ALTHOUGH I'LL SAY THAT EUCHREJACK DOES FEEL OFF THIS GAME COMPARED TO SOME OF THE RECENT GAMES I'VE PLAYED WITH HIM. IN THOSE RECENT GAMES EUCHREJACK SURPRISED ME BY MAKING SENSE ROUGHLY HALF THE TIME COMPARED TO OLDER GAMES AND THIS GAME WHERE HE MADE SENSE NONE OF THE TIME. SO THIS GAME IS STILL CONSISTENT WITH MY META READ OF HIM BUT IT'S MORE LIKE I'M SEEING EUCHREJACK VERSION 1.0 COMPARED TO EUCHREJACK VERSION 1.2 I SAW MORE RECENTLY.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THIS.

TOONYMAN FEELS OFF TO ME AS WELL AND IF I HAD TO DESCRIBE IT IT FEELS LIKE HE'S MORE PLIABLE, MORE SUGGESTIBLE THAN I FEEL LIKE I'M USED TO.

One of the standard stronger scum play structures is "this is totally normal but actually because of X Y Z maybe we should kill this dude."

... That being said, leaving Toony alive to either wipe us, or get redirected if he is town, is not something we'd want. I can also assume no guns in the population given I literally asked people to shoot me. It hasn't happened.

Tric, they're maybe not wasting a gun on you D1.

General question: Who would you kill tonight if you had a kill ability?

This post is weird. I would kill Tric cuz he asked nicely. Obviously. And cuz he called me "he" again :V

I'm kidding. I'd kill you, Max Spin, because you're playing outside of meta ;)

Knightwing64 where are you and what are your reads?

Roden

Napping in my house. I feel like Jim is town, he just seems like a townie person, I guess. Also, this has been said by other people, but Toony is acting kind of unusual this game, I guess.

Writing down this third vote bandwagoning and references to Jim + Toony for posterity.

Let's see, who's left ... Toony? and 4mask? I can't read either rn, that's a problem for future Vector.

Jack, Jim, Roden.

Jack and Jim are fighting. I don't think that they're of the same alignment and of these, Jim is definitely more likely to be able to make a fake miller claim. Roden as scum notably plays wild and stupid fakeclaims early D1, so the claim definitely doesn't rule him out.

"Hammer me and you'll get my abilities" makes him less likely, though. From a reverse perspective he can claim that any bandwagon that forms on him is to grab his shit, but I think that's a bit too far into tinfoil hatting for D1.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2022, 11:51:47 am »

OK, the path forward is clear. Jim! Let's fight.

I don't think anyone has asked you what you think about all the miller claims.

Also, what's your read on 4mask?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2022, 12:15:14 pm »

To be clear, I think Vector's strategy of challenging Jim is sound, yet I don't think Vector's one vote on Jim would be sufficient.
...yup forgot Vector has two votes.
Let us keep the pressure on Jim for a bit. When is end of day?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2022, 12:28:00 pm »

Mafia salivate at the possibility of an easy free lynch which is another reason why Vector and Knightwing aren't good votes. Although now Vector has done more so maybe we can not be lazy with our votes.

@Vector:
That's pretty sound. I also believe if there's a mafia inside the group it would be between Jack or Jim. However, Jack's behavior rings town so I can understand facing Jim.

Let me think about this. If Jim is mafia it's probably with 4mask. 4mask backed up Jim in a way that didn't mention Jim, which is suspicious.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2022, 12:46:39 pm »

OK, the path forward is clear. Jim! Let's fight.

I don't think anyone has asked you what you think about all the miller claims.

Also, what's your read on 4mask?

I DON'T THINK MUCH ABOUT THE MILLER CLAIMS. IF YOU TOLD ME THERE WERE THREE MILLER CLAIMS IN A GAME OF NINE PLAYERS I WOULD SAY THAT AT LEAST ONE OF THEM IS PROBABLY SCUM BUT EUCHREJACK AND RODEN AREN'T REALLY READING AS SCUM TO ME.

'HURR DURR THEN YOU MUST BE THE SCUM'

NO. READS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN ROLES AND WEBADICT GAMES PUNISH PLAYERS FOR MAKING MECHANICAL ASSUMPTIONS.

4MASKWOLF IS MAKING SEVERAL OBSERVATIONS I AGREE WITH SO ON BALANCE I HAVE HIM LEANING TOWN BUT HE'S DEFINITELY IN THE CATEGORY OF SKILLED ENOUGH TO TERRIFY ME.

Let me think about this. If Jim is mafia it's probably with 4mask. 4mask backed up Jim in a way that didn't mention Jim, which is suspicious.

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY 1 BUT YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR OPINION ONCE ABOUT ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE GAME SO FAR.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2022, 12:49:21 pm »

This Jim post is pinging my gut:

EUCHREJACK'S PLAY REGULARLY BEING COMPLETE NONSENSE IS NOT EVEN REMOTELY OUT OF CHARACTER FOR HIM.

ALTHOUGH I'LL SAY THAT EUCHREJACK DOES FEEL OFF THIS GAME COMPARED TO SOME OF THE RECENT GAMES I'VE PLAYED WITH HIM. IN THOSE RECENT GAMES EUCHREJACK SURPRISED ME BY MAKING SENSE ROUGHLY HALF THE TIME COMPARED TO OLDER GAMES AND THIS GAME WHERE HE MADE SENSE NONE OF THE TIME. SO THIS GAME IS STILL CONSISTENT WITH MY META READ OF HIM BUT IT'S MORE LIKE I'M SEEING EUCHREJACK VERSION 1.0 COMPARED TO EUCHREJACK VERSION 1.2 I SAW MORE RECENTLY.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO MAKE OF THIS.

TOONYMAN FEELS OFF TO ME AS WELL AND IF I HAD TO DESCRIBE IT IT FEELS LIKE HE'S MORE PLIABLE, MORE SUGGESTIBLE THAN I FEEL LIKE I'M USED TO.

One of the standard stronger scum play structures is "this is totally normal but actually because of X Y Z maybe we should kill this dude."

I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN TO IMPLY HERE.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2022, 12:52:04 pm »

I think there is at most one fakeclaim within the miller claims, and it's almost certainly not Jim. I'd say >rand Roden town just off the miller claim if I'm going with my gut but that's making a lot of assumptions about Roden's play since I have no meta there. I also have barely noticed anything Roden has said so I should, y'know, probably do that.

Vector revealing an automatic double-vote by voting is NAI and anyone who says otherwise is, what is it the kids say these days, sus?

I'm sorry that happened, EuchreJack.

Let's see... Jim town, Roden maybe town with the assumptions I'm currently operating under, Vector exists, Jack and Toony are unpartnered, history says my confidence in my Jack wolfread means Jack is 95% town, and trying to D1 read anyone I don't have some kind of meta read on is hell. Also Jim and (sigh) Tric are still correct that Toony is acting out of the ordinary and it's throwing me off.

Oh yeah and Knightwing is being especially unhelpful so that or Tricmagic can die in the night.

IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY 1 BUT YOU'VE CHANGED YOUR OPINION ONCE ABOUT ALMOST EVERY SINGLE PLAYER IN THE GAME SO FAR.
I'm inclined to say that's a good thing because I can follow the trains of logic Toony is using for each of those changes, even if I don't necessarily agree with them. Toony's good enough to fake it as a wolf but each time his reads shift naturally I'm moving him more and more towards town, from an objective gameplay perspective. If this is his new way of playing town it's a good look.

4MASKWOLF IS MAKING SEVERAL OBSERVATIONS I AGREE WITH SO ON BALANCE I HAVE HIM LEANING TOWN BUT HE'S DEFINITELY IN THE CATEGORY OF SKILLED ENOUGH TO TERRIFY ME.
You're seriously overselling my play lol.

Random 4mask thought of the day: is Toonyman a third party? It would merge Toony's somewhat atypical play with their seemingly genuine scumhunting.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2022, 01:03:11 pm »

Also Tric it was established, like, ages ago that Toony and I's "claims" were utter bullshit meant to provoke reactions.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 75