Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38

Author Topic: Jade Court - Game Over - All's Well That Ends Well  (Read 36936 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Jade Court - Nomination Day 2 - United Or Divided?
« Reply #360 on: May 17, 2022, 04:34:14 pm »

UNVOTE until Toony at least vaguely figures this one out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 17, 2022, 04:36:28 pm »

Do you trust Max?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2022, 04:40:10 pm »

Do you trust Max?
A fair question, but ignores the hypothetical.
My answer: I'm not sure.  So, not yet.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2022, 04:43:44 pm »

Do you believe this candidacy is unnatural?

How is this wrong when players are divided between Reina and Roden? Nobody felt like answering my questions about Roden and Reina has been on but has not posted. In fact, almost everyone is in agreement about Roden (like with NQT), but Roden's candidacy is nowhere near the same as NQT's, why?

Is the value of me being possibly elected on D3 that much greater than Reina or Roden possibly being elected on D3? I would think it would be more telling to have the divided election on a more important day.
Day 3 has the most potential for vote swing and for abilities to change up the game. I think you just know this and that you're afraid it can affect your chances of getting nominated on Day 3. Or, perhaps you have an ability that doesn't work/isn't effective unless you're nominated, and getting nominated Day 2 instead of Day 3 will let you use it sooner.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2022, 04:46:58 pm »

Is the value of me being possibly elected on D3 that much greater than Reina or Roden possibly being elected on D3? I would think it would be more telling to have the divided election on a more important day.
Not to put words in Web's mouth, but I think the strategy is to get 3 townies nominated.
As a "strong" character, it is unlikely any other candidate will beat you Day 3.  But Roden/Reina leaves the door open for scum to slip their preferred candidate onto the docket.

The secondary strategy is to keep repeating the candidate list of NQT, Roden/Reina, and Toonyman.  In that order.
If nobody tries to upset that....one is an Onyx.

Interrupting the order sorta hinders that strategy.
...its suspicious you don't understand these things.  Or choose not to understand them?

Ninja: Yeah, agree with Roden. +1 to that.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 17, 2022, 04:48:42 pm »

Since Roden is here, and probably town, I'll remove Reina from the candidate list.  It's best to agree on the three candidates as much as possible.
So now, candidate list is NQT/Roden/Toonyman.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 17, 2022, 04:54:20 pm »

Do you trust Max?
Why Max and not Web? Do you not trust him?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 17, 2022, 05:02:48 pm »

Do you trust Max?
Why Max and not Web? Do you not trust him?
At this point, I trust Web far more than I probably should.
But my opinion of Web is not relevant to hypothetical, and in fact under the expanded hypo where Max & I are Onyx trying to rig the vote, Web isn't the one I would bribe to get the Onyx elected.
What, nobody wants to do the math?
Gonna make poor COVID brain EJ do the math? I mean, I already bungled it when I originally thought up the hypo.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 17, 2022, 05:08:28 pm »

Hypothetical:
What if, I gave Max, who already has two (2) votes, my extra one (1) vote, AND agreed to Sheep Max for the remainder of the game with my one (1) regular vote?
Fun with Math

There are 10 players.
Subtract 3 nominees who can't vote.
There are 7 people electing the Emperor.
Max has 2 votes.
I have 1 vote.
I can give 1 vote, presumably to someone that will repay me by sheeping, thus adding 1 vote to the Triumvirate.

The Triumvirate now has 5 votes among 3 people.
4 people, presumably with only 1 vote a piece are NOT in the Triumvirate.

So, if Max & I were BOTH scum...we'd have already won, so long as our third scumbuddy could get nominated.
Ergo....it is unlikely Max & I are BOTH scum.I'm downright offended Toonyman refuses to acknowledge this

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 17, 2022, 05:10:25 pm »

But Roden/Reina leaves the door open for scum to slip their preferred candidate onto the docket.
You really think so? You really think someone other than Roden or Reina will be nominated?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 17, 2022, 05:13:44 pm »

So, if Max & I were BOTH scum...we'd have already won, so long as our third scumbuddy could get nominated.
Ergo....it is unlikely Max & I are BOTH scum.I'm downright offended Toonyman refuses to acknowledge this
1. If you're town: we don't know what mafia have.
2. If you're mafia: it's not unreasonable you could have a majority vote if you can get exactly one of your partners nominated.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 17, 2022, 05:17:02 pm »

But Roden/Reina leaves the door open for scum to slip their preferred candidate onto the docket.
You really think so? You really think someone other than Roden or Reina will be nominated?
If there is one thing I've learned playing in this subforum,
IS that each day is Separate and Unique from the previous Day.

What we think is likely/obvious on Day 2 may not be the case on Day 3.  That is how mafia WINS.  They wait for the change, then strike.
It'll take a strong leader on Day 3 to hold off the mafia hordes.
While I like Roden, and Roden is definitely town, you've already proven how easy it is to push them off the nominating block.
and Reina ain't here.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 17, 2022, 05:22:11 pm »

1. If you're town: we don't know what mafia have.
2. If you're mafia: it's not unreasonable you could have a majority vote if you can get exactly one of your partners nominated.
You and I have different definitions of unreasonable, apparently.
I would consider it unreasonable that mafia would have a such a clear path to majority if they get exactly one of their partners nominated.
Or to put it another way, I think it unreasonable that mafia would have such strength without town having some counter.
I only know what I have.  It may exist to counter Max's ability.  Or there may be a third vote manipulator, who is obviously Onyx since I explicitly called for all vote manipulator to claim.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 17, 2022, 05:26:25 pm »

Sorry to spam up the thread, but I got confirmation that my ability only affects the Election Day (Day 4).  It gives no extra votes to Day 3.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 17, 2022, 05:28:09 pm »

I think it's worth taking Web's argument about saving a strong candidate until last... but I also think the council should be made up of only the strongest candidates.

Having reflected on it, I don't see the benefit for scum to fake one of their number being unable to be nominated, I can only think of some very marginal scenarios where that would be useful as in general they want to maximise the possibility that one of them will be organically favoured by town.

(Onyx Web could be positioning himself as a sort of neutral kingmaker... what do we think?)

All to say, I'm town reading Web and so his argument holds weight to that extent. Actually there is something to be said for having clear headed electors left out of the council. But I also want a clean sweep.

Fallacy,  is the emperor vote public like normal what happens if you are nominated?

Knightwing
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 38