Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 26074 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Find The Thieves!
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2022, 12:30:28 am »

I find it also interesting that BluarianKnight hasn't reacted to me blind voting for them at all yet...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 09:20:14 am by Lidku »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2022, 12:34:00 am »

Rodent’s post seemed pretty clear headed tho? Putting anger into it would be a reach, don’t you think? But your the resident Roden expert, I guess.  :D

Look at him go! It's one step away from a pointed question or attack on another player!

I suppose that's true. I haven't been feeling my best and it's been a little hard to dredge up the effort. Now that the thread's picking up a bit I'll try harder.

*sigh*

This is familiar Maximum Spin meta.

Game state is pretty dead, it feels like a lot of people are too apprehensive to make a serious push somewhere. I'm hoping Oliver shows up soon and makes an impact.

People such as...?

Also I'm not trying to mechanically solve because that just isn't a good idea today. Day 2 claims will likely help us lock down scum since we'll have more information to work with.

If this weren't a Beginner's Mafia I'd say it's not worth trying to mechanically solve the game since I think webadict hates it when that happens, but this is a Beginner's Mafia so I'm wondering if it might be useful in this game.

I find it also interesting that BluarianKnight hasn't reacted to me blind voting for him at all yet...

This is great! An inclination about another player's intentions! This is great!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2022, 05:21:32 am »

*sigh*

This is familiar Maximum Spin meta.
that's hurtful :(

I'm not so great when there's not much going on, okay.

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2022, 07:51:17 am »

I find it also interesting that BluarianKnight hasn't reacted to me blind voting for him at all yet...

I was asleep! You voted me, not really asked any questions for me to disprove it?
As well, you've yet to answer my question to you;
Lidku - I haven't seen you around before! Who'd you point as the sussiest of bakas out of the current players?

What's more concerning to you: is it the amount of aggression, or that it's being directed at EuchreJack?

The level of aggression. I don't care it's to Euchre, I just think it's a bit unreasonable. It might just be that I haven't been around a while, but I've never seen Tric be this level of aggression to someone.

To me at least, either he's changed - or he's frustrated. The only thing I can think of that could piss him off this early is that he's scum with either a newbie or a no-show.

Having done a look through a thread again, there's something else that bugs me.

As others stated, I'd really like to see some more activity from Roden.

His only posts so far leave me a little.. unsure?

Now, for questions.

Spin - What would be your town/scumreads, currently?
Euchre - You have a better reason for that Jim vote?
Lidku - Given your fresh perspective, if you'd have to guess someone as Mafia right now, who would it be, and why?

Now, I will return to my lair.
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

Roden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2022, 08:48:43 am »

Game state is pretty dead, it feels like a lot of people are too apprehensive to make a serious push somewhere. I'm hoping Oliver shows up soon and makes an impact.

People such as...?

Also I'm not trying to mechanically solve because that just isn't a good idea today. Day 2 claims will likely help us lock down scum since we'll have more information to work with.

If this weren't a Beginner's Mafia I'd say it's not worth trying to mechanically solve the game since I think webadict hates it when that happens, but this is a Beginner's Mafia so I'm wondering if it might be useful in this game.
Mainly the people who aren't voting. And in Lidku's case, voting someone he doesn't seem to want to lynch.

And I do think mechanical solving has it's place in this game. Just, not right now. Most can we do on Day 1 is discuss PRs, which just seems like a bad idea right now. Worst case scenario, Cop and Doc exists and gets outed and made useless before they get a chance to act.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2022, 08:51:01 am »

I'm just going to vote for someone with no votes yet. I'm not going to pile on with someone with high votes already, because I don't want to be involved in "lynching" anyone, wherein due to the fact that I have little-to-no evidence yet to really go off of. BluarianKnight.
Just an FYI, not wanting to be involved in eventually lynching someone is scummy. Our only way to kill scum is by the Lynch. Not lynching usually means Mafia wins, as typically Mafia has a night kill and town does not.

But I like the rest of the post, hence my giving you advice rather than voting you. We need more people actually playing like Lidku.

But I don't understand. If the person lynched isn't "scum" so-to-speak, then all that does is kill another townsperson. Along with that, when Night comes, then the Mafia will kill another townsperson. That's just two townspeople down.

There isn't really real way to tell who's "scum", since talking in the thread doesn't give real evidence. It's just talking. And the other posters will seemingly stay quiet, so that even branches out an even smaller avenue of discerning who's who.

You can tell a lot about who's voting who and why, and pick out motives that are less than pure.

That said, at the moment I think I can town-read you and Jim. We'll see if I can get more town reads as I catch up.
If you have people you can somewhat trust, you can narrow things down. Always keep an open mind though, difficult as that is.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2022, 09:10:51 am »

The level of aggression. I don't care it's to Euchre, I just think it's a bit unreasonable. It might just be that I haven't been around a while, but I've never seen Tric be this level of aggression to someone.

To me at least, either he's changed - or he's frustrated. The only thing I can think of that could piss him off this early is that he's scum with either a newbie or a no-show.

Now, I will return to my lair.
Snips and makes some Zettai out of spiderwebs..

The three people high-fiving are kinda sus- ...I mean- kinda suspicious.

Why high five over a man getting his prescription lunch stolen?

And your snickering at the boss makes you sooo innocent?

You tell him high five buddy, we minimum wage workers have to stick together.

Funny funny. EuchreJack
Here's the thing. Lidku is a new player, and you're being very cheery. So chose to put a vote on Jack to see if he'd crack and spill some town-sided info like he normally does. But nope!

His further posts don't actually feel like Town!Jack to me either. Why "pressure" Roden with a vote? What's the reason behind it? While you might think me town, that in itself is a strange stance to take given my last game and it literally being day 1 start. Is there no doubt in your mind that I'm town Jack?

I'd say you're probably town though because I doubt anybody who was scum could be this off base about the game and how it's played. In theory you'd have a team member you could ask.

I agree. Lidku is probably town and very new to this game.

Max, I wouldn’t recommend picking Lidku either, killing somebody d1 in one of their first games is kinda a dick move, and there’s no reason mafia wouldn’t just leave them alone and trick them into voting for the more dangerous townies.

I would tend to agree with this. Plus, if a new player rolled Mafia, they would probably get one or more teammates that are more experienced and thus more of a thread.

I mean, if a new player outright scumslips, then yeah vote scum. But ideally, we'd eliminate scum among the more experienced players.

Sorry, I'm posting from phone due to internet issues.
Sorry Jack, we're not the newbies anymore.

In response to his post about giving advice to vigs, there isn't much. Shoot who you think is scum, and decide when to fire the shot. I'd advise against shooting blindly for at least two days though. You're more likely to cause chaos than hit your target, though Night 1 is both the best and worst night for it due to the number of players in a game with multiple power roles.

Dude, it's one vote and you're already getting a ton of crap about it. I've been busy, and had a few internet issues.

Seems to me that I can learn plenty about you by letting everyone else go after you, while I talk with other people. Does that make sense to you?
This is effectively the opposite of my style, where I stick myself out and see who takes a shot at me. So you're looking to do what I do and just wait and see. But that doesn't actually work as a stratagy on it's own Day 1, you also have to question other people.

The issue is thus, Jack hasn't actually put himself out there, given reads and hard questions to those he's voting. It's not pressure if you don't ask pointed questions to the one you are voting for, when they don't have any votes on them at the moment. And as Jim noticed, no nonsense, just mechanical advice. Helpful to newbies, but uh... That doesn't help us to give a read on you more directly, hence why I had to use a post with mechanical advice in the first place for this argument, it's the only possible slipup you've made, whether you are town or scum. Which is itself odd.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2022, 09:17:36 am »

Quote from: BluarianKnight
Lidku - Given your fresh perspective, if you'd have to guess someone as Mafia right now, who would it be, and why?

I have no real idea who would be Mafia at the moment.

Also, I thought you weren't posting in the thread earlier, but you were. I must've read over your name by accident. lol

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2022, 09:24:21 am »

Uh, Tric, you know you have several votes on you, right?
And I'd say you are more likely town than scum.  So, why should I go after you?
Also, you're an Inventor.  That means free stuff!

Also, I have NO intention of revealing my role.  NONE.  Maybe its best I clarify that NOW.

It's been hard to give reads over the last couple of days since everyone is so NULL, hence why I hadn't bother yet. But now we do have enough info for reads, so I'll get on that.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2022, 09:31:50 am »

Uh, Tric, you know you have several votes on you, right?
And I'd say you are more likely town than scum.  So, why should I go after you?
Also, you're an Inventor.  That means free stuff!

Also, I have NO intention of revealing my role.  NONE.  Maybe its best I clarify that NOW.

It's been hard to give reads over the last couple of days since everyone is so NULL, hence why I hadn't bother yet. But now we do have enough info for reads, so I'll get on that.
You're assuming I care about the votes on me Jack.

That said, either Roden of Blue is scumteamed with you. So I'd be fine voting either.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2022, 01:21:14 pm »

I'm trying to get him to react. It's not working, and that just makes me suspect him even more. This isn't Town Jack, he'd be posting all over the place, this is a calculating Jack held back by a teammate. Even him calling me town is odd so early on, more a way to get me off that path. Especially when I just sweeped the last game I was Cult in.
Sorry Tric, I just find statements like this hard for you to fake as scum.
I mean, the reason you sweeped the last game as scum is because you SHUT THE FUCK UP.  We stopped noticing you, and then you won.
This constant irritating noise sounds like town!Tric.
So yeah...I am going to just townlock you and move onto other people.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2022, 01:30:19 pm »

@Blue: Responding as best as I can to this post (because the formatting seems hard to just respond by quoting), isn't is possible that Tric is frustrated because he got an ability with some horrible downside, or that Tric might be a Night 1 vigilante and frantically trying to figure out who to shoot?

Also: I had voted Jim because he wasn't being enough of an Asshole, which is the meta for town!Jim. I think that is legit.

Blue (and everyone else applicable): Why aren't you voting? You seem to be building a case on Roden, so why not back that up with a vote?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2022, 01:35:34 pm »

People such as...?

Mainly the people who aren't voting. And in Lidku's case, voting someone he doesn't seem to want to lynch.

And I do think mechanical solving has it's place in this game. Just, not right now. Most can we do on Day 1 is discuss PRs, which just seems like a bad idea right now. Worst case scenario, Cop and Doc exists and gets outed and made useless before they get a chance to act.

While I agree that Cop and Doc, if they exist, should shut the fuck up, perhaps there are roles are ok to discuss?
Off the top of my head, I'll add Roleblocker, Jailkeeper, and Bulletproof to that list of DO NOT DISCUSS.

Tric's already hinted at Inventor, and the word Vigilante has been batted around. Who do you think should get the Inventor's stuff, if one exists? Who should the Vigilante shoot, if one exists?

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2022, 01:35:56 pm »

Well, I normally wait to vote until everybody has reached a consensus, and I haven’t made up my mind on whose scum yet, though Tric is acting weird

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2022, 01:36:22 pm »

I find it also interesting that BluarianKnight hasn't reacted to me blind voting for them at all yet...

I see the words "edit" in this post. DO NOT DO THAT!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27