Mining the thread for ideas
- 1 (100%)
Reliving my glory days
- 0 (0%)
Just randomly came here
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31

Author Topic: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)  (Read 17910 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Risky Space Lords II (newcomers always welcome)
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2022, 04:01:52 am »

Maximum Spin, you seem to have forgotten to sign the Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks. Might want to do that, lest people think you have backstabby intentions with that army of yours.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2022, 04:14:24 am »

Turn in ~30 hours, unless someone needs an extension.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2022, 04:21:15 am »

Maximum Spin, you seem to have forgotten to sign the Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks. Might want to do that, lest people think you have backstabby intentions with that army of yours.
I'm not the type to sign away my right to do things irrevocably. Maybe if you fixed it up so that it actually did allow breach, but give the casus belli as stated, I'd be open to it.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2022, 08:20:09 am »

I'm not the type to sign away my right to do things irrevocably. Maybe if you fixed it up so that it actually did allow breach, but give the casus belli as stated, I'd be open to it.

I have complete trust and faith in my friend and trading partner Djugashvili, Esq., Founder, Djugashvili & Associates and that they would not overthrow the rightful lord of Carida.

Such is my trust I would be willing to use my fleet to provide protection to their new army while they prepare for transit to their new homes, as the venerable Djugashvili, Esq., Founder, Djugashvili & Associates lacks any such fleet of their own.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2022, 11:18:35 am »

Well... that was how it was going to work anyway, I suppose, before a1s clarified that breaching a contract is not possible. If the other signatories are okay with it, I'd be open to amending it to allow people to officially "violate" the Pact.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2022, 12:00:48 pm »

Expanded combat info dump:

If 2 hostile armadas (groups of fleets) are ever at the same planet, they will fight in the following manner: each ship rolls a d6 and then ship rolls are compared by sorting from highest to lowest, in each comparison the lower roll is destroyed (in a tie nothing happens.) excess rolls on the larger side are ignored.
Similarly, if 2 hostile army groups ever meet on a planet, they will fight in the same manner.
Armies can not be landed on planets that have hostile (to the army) fleets above them. And simply waste a turn.
Finally each planet is defended by a militia even if no armies are present. Militias fight at -2 penality to their roll. Armies (if any are left on the defending side) are eliminated first.

• Fleet hostility:
    • Fleet hostility must be declared in thread.
    • You can name specific players, or use catchalls like "everyone with prestige below zero" or even "everyone with fleets at Waterloo, except Wellesley".
    • Hostility persists between turns and must be declared over manually.
    • It only takes one hostile side to begin a battle.
    • Foreign (NPC) fleets are assumed to be always hostile.
  • Army hostility is determined by who the owner of the army wants the planet its on to belong to. This means that if two otherwise neutral players each want to take a planet for themselves, there will be a battle between their armies.
  • Fleet and army deployments can be done by PM. Or in thread, if you don't care about operational security.
  • Unsupplied ships are only destroyed if they are on the losing side of a fleet battle. Otherwise they are fine.
  • In addition to denying the armies the ability to land on a planet a hostile fleet may also deny them the ability to leave, provided that:
    • The fleet is supplied.
    • The fleet was maintaining a blockade of the planet both the previous turn and this turn
    • The fleet need not to have been hostile the previous turn

Feel free to ask questions if something is not clear.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »

Quote from: Breadbasket Harvest Contract
Whereas Blacksand Industries finds itself with more food than strictly necessary, and desirous of ore for its factories, Blacksand Industries is willing to offer food for ore on a 1-to-1 basis for this turn.  Current food for sale: 2 to exchange of 2 ore.
x Procounsel Jack of Blacksand Industries
x  Lord Rock, Count of the Voids                                                       

Transfer the two ores now, Give one Food to The Buckle for the mining

Spoiler: Count of the voids (click to show/hide)

So, I'm going to quote this, so it can't be changed later.
I'll be sending the food this turn.
Quote from: clarifying amendment
This deal is for one turn only.
x EuchreJack
x               

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2022, 11:15:49 pm »

Quote from: Breadbasket Harvest Contract
Whereas Blacksand Industries finds itself with more food than strictly necessary, and desirous of ore for its factories, Blacksand Industries is willing to offer food for ore on a 1-to-1 basis for this turn.  Current food for sale: 2 to exchange of 2 ore.
x Procounsel Jack of Blacksand Industries
x  Lord Rock, Count of the Voids                                                       

Transfer the two ores now, Give one Food to The Buckle for the mining

Quote from: clarifying amendment
This deal is for one turn only.
x EuchreJack
x Lord Rock, Count of the Voids           
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Risky Space Lords II Turn 2
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2022, 09:09:04 am »

TURNTURNTURN
Alight, let's try some easy conquest against the NPCs.

Djugashvili & Associates supplies the feast and receives 6 prestige.

Count of Two Marches sends his fleet to explore the great unknown. They discover a moon perfect for ship-building (potential shipyard planet.)
Blacksand Industries sends 2 fleets out into the galaxy. They discover a mineral rich planet perfect for mining (potential mining planet) and a jungle planet perfect for special forces training (potential recruitment world)
Chia Interstellar sends a fleet to explore. They discover an asteroid belt chock full of useful minerals (potential mining planet.)
Cancer Planeta send a fleet out. They discover a fertile planet (potential farming planet)

Some planets on the fringe of the empire have failed to recognize the new Emperor and raised the flag of rebellion. Emperor promises a reward to whoever can put it down. They are not currently interested in obtaining the planets to avoid accusations of tyranny.
Quote from: intel
Enemy holdings consist of 3 planets:
Rock: a mining world
Plough: a farming world
Naboo: a manufacturing world
They appear to have 1 fleet and no armies.
Quote from: Bounties (Imperial Levy / Tax)
for each of the rebellious planets conquered you may either:
Transfer the planet to a minor lord (effectively removing it from the game) and gain 5 prestige. As is proper.
or
Keep the planet for yourself earning you a demerit* worth 5 prestige.
(*) just like earning prestige, you may contract with other players to pay off this prestige penalty on the same turn it happens.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 10:14:21 am by a1s »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2022, 09:50:57 am »

Also,
Don't edit posts with contracts in them. Write new posts amending the contract instead (a contract can always be amended if all of it's signatories agree, even if it doesn't say so in the contract.)
Preferably don't edit any posts- just make a new one (...they said, editing their post.)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:55:16 am by a1s »

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2022, 11:03:57 am »

Spoiler: Count of Two Marches (click to show/hide)

Willing to trade:
C2M offering 2 ore
For
2 Food and 10MF
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2022, 02:15:50 pm »

Quote from: The Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks
Whereas sneak attacks on planets or fleets are hard to defend from, as you may have already deployed fleets/armies elsewhere, or be unable to acquire them at short notice;
Whereas I think it would be more fun if everyone had at least one turn's warning before being attacked;
Whereas I just want to write contracts because that's what the genre is supposed to be about;

All signatories to this Pact agree to refrain from attacking each other without giving the other party one turn's notice. This notice must be given at least 24 hours before the turn changes, cos giving it just before the turn changes wouldn't give the attacked party time to react.
This Pact does not cover those who have not signed the Pact. Those who have signed the Pact are encouraged to shun those who have not, as by not signing they demonstrate untrustworthiness.
Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty).
This Pact may only be modified with the consent of all signatories.
Anyone can sign this Pact at any time. You cannot un-sign.

Signatories:
-NUKE9.13
-C2M
-Rockeater
-evictedSaint
-EuchreJack
Quoting this just for reference.

Quote from: The Space Lord Galactic Pact against Sneak Attacks - Amendment 1
Whereas Maximum Spin wants the ability to backstab people, but is willing to pay a high price to do so;

The following changes are made to the SLGPASA:
Removed: "You cannot un-sign"
Removed: "Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty)."
Added: "You can withdraw from this Pact only by giving all remaining signatories a casus belli against you. That is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty."

To be adopted, this Amendment must be approved by all existing signatories:
-NUKE9.13: YES
-C2M:
-Rockeater:
-evictedSaint: YES (I have the right to sign on eS's behalf)
-EuchreJack:
The amendment that Maximum Spin requested as a condition for signing the Pact. I think it's acceptable.

Spoiler: Cancer Planeta (click to show/hide)
Cancer Planeta would like to trade with C2M:
Quote from: Trade
The following trade will be performed immediately when both parties sign:
Cancer Planeta provides Count of Two Marches with 2 Food and 10MF
Count of Two Marches provides Cancer Planeta with 2 Ore

Signed:
-NUKE9.13, on behalf of Cancer Planeta
-

Spoiler: Chia Interstellar (click to show/hide)

Just posting updated status for now; will decide on actions in a bit.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2022, 02:33:03 pm »

Give "The Buckle" one food for mining

Whereas Maximum Spin wants the ability to backstab people, but is willing to pay a high price to do so;

Removed: "Violating this pact gives all remaining signatories a casus belli against you (that is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty)."
Added: "You can withdraw from this Pact only by giving all remaining signatories a casus belli against you. That is, they will be justified in attacking you, without suffering a prestige penalty."

-C2M:
-Rockeater: YES
-EuchreJack:
The amendment that Maximum Spin requested as a condition for signing the Pact. I think it's acceptable.

I am interested in hiring an army for the purpose of conquering one of the rebellious plants back for the emperor, I am willing to offer 2 ore and 5MF for that purpose.

Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2022, 02:37:30 pm »

-C2M:YES
-Rockeater: YES
-EuchreJack:

Good with the proposed amendments.

Quote from: Trade
The following trade will be performed immediately when both parties sign:
Cancer Planeta provides Count of Two Marches with 2 Food and 10MF
Count of Two Marches provides Cancer Planeta with 2 Ore

Signed:
-NUKE9.13, on behalf of Cancer Planeta
-C2M

Spoiler: Count of Two Marches (click to show/hide)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2022, 03:23:42 pm »

Forgot to reduce food
[/quote]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31