Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 35104 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2022, 08:08:31 pm »

I would also like to state, for the record, that Egan and I are not masons together.

... they'd probably lie about it with me if I claimed it, and that would be absolutely hilarious, but no, I think I'll draw the line there for all of your sakes.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2022, 08:09:08 pm »

I find it strange that TricMagic has been so quiet as of late. In the last game we were in, he was very active in making D1 claims and was very responsive in general. Though I've often said that inactivity is a very lukewarm way of building evidence, at least the other two very inactive players as posted today (NJW and Knigtwing)... Just a smidgeon-holey thought, but he's just likely busy with IRL things atm.

The problem is, since is -is- a beginner game it's almost inevitable at least one player will flake out and need a replacement.  I try not to focus -as hard- on D1 inactivity in a beginner's game because of that.  If this wasn't a beginner's game then, yeah, nail their asses to a wall.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #227 on: July 11, 2022, 08:09:25 pm »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.

Focus.
fuc u

O_o

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 11, 2022, 08:10:37 pm »

I would also like to state, for the record, that Egan and I are not masons together.

FallacyofUrist that is a weird thing to suddenly throw out.  Why would you say that now?  What is your thought process that told you it was a good idea to say that?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 11, 2022, 08:11:14 pm »

Jim and Euche have apparently joined a spectator chat on us. Since they're in a chat together, they're informal scum and we should get 'em outta here.

Focus.
fuc u

Promise or a threat, sweetheart?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 11, 2022, 08:12:13 pm »

Focus.
fuc u

Promise or a threat, sweetheart?
You can figure that out yourself.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 11, 2022, 08:12:52 pm »

The Triple Miller Action from Simple BYOR 2 is making me nervous about these miller claims. Normally I might say "one of them is probably lying", but... it wasn't that long ago we had three (3!) truthful millers at the same time, served up by webadict. So I dunno. I feel even more conflicted about my reads than before.

Lidku seems to be doing okay. NJW2000 seems to be doing okay. I guess if I feel worse about anyone since last time, it might be... Shakerag?
I think I need to take a little time to think about this.
Unvote.

Wait this is new.

FallacyofUrist that is a weird thing to suddenly throw out.  Why would you say that now?  What is your thought process that told you it was a good idea to say that?
Yeah, I'd like to categorically agree that I find that really weird.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 11, 2022, 08:14:21 pm »

The stupid reason is that I'm preventing my future self from trying to pull that later, because I know I'd be tempted to do so. Also to prevent Egan from doing the same.

The smarter reason is that I am explicitly stating that no, we are not coordinating. You may decide that I'm lying about that and I can't help it if you do so.

Maybe you'll execute us first just for the sheer WIFOM.

But it makes the game more interesting, so I'm going for it.

There's also another reason I've decided to claim after Egan, which I'm not sharing this Day. Suffice it to say that it creates an advantage of sorts, but only for me and maybe Egan, not for sure us both.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 11, 2022, 08:15:38 pm »

Is it okay to say that this is fun? I'm going to go ahead and say that this is fun, and that's part of the reason too. Lump it in together with 'interesting' I guess.
Generic Arms Race.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 11, 2022, 08:18:15 pm »

The stupid reason is that I'm preventing my future self from trying to pull that later, because I know I'd be tempted to do so. Also to prevent Egan from doing the same.

The smarter reason is that I am explicitly stating that no, we are not coordinating. You may decide that I'm lying about that and I can't help it if you do so.

Maybe you'll execute us first just for the sheer WIFOM.

But it makes the game more interesting, so I'm going for it.

There's also another reason I've decided to claim after Egan, which I'm not sharing this Day. Suffice it to say that it creates an advantage of sorts, but only for me and maybe Egan, not for sure us both.

Huh.  Unvote

Rude as it may be, I don't think you have the balls to pull of a gambit like that, so that's acceptable.  But, I think you tipped your hand that your role absolutely is connected to Egan in some way.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 11, 2022, 08:36:29 pm »

Ok, time to gather me thoughts.

Lenglon is either town or good scum.  Either way, one to keep around because she drives activity.  If she's town, awesome.  If she's scum, she's potentially giving us more info to hang her with later. 

Maximum Spin is apparently shit, but everyone agrees he is shit D1/D2.  Neutral but leaning towards a policy lynch.

FallacyofUrist - Might be town or scum doing a really ballsy gambit.  Can't say for now.

Likdu - Is new, hard to gauge. 

Egan_BW - New but maybe town.  Miller claims are sus but who knows.

NJW2000 - two posts; not enough info

TricMagic - lazy posting, definately leaning scum reads or shit town

Knightwing64 - looks new, but maybe an idiot.  Leaning scum because of lack of engagement.

I want to vote Egan because I don't like millar claims, but re-read says TricMagic looks the scummiest at this point in time.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2022, 08:46:02 pm »

TricMagic How confident are you still feeling about that Max vote?  Looking more bandwagon-y to me right now.  Pretending you're scum, he -does- seem like an easy target for a D1 lynch, no?

You put a FoS on NJW and Knightwing earlier?  Want to justify that now or change your mind?

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 11, 2022, 08:50:25 pm »

As for scum-hunting strat... Wait and see, and vote Shakerag for earlier posts.

Town likes to hunt, scum likes to tag along.  Why are you being passive?  It kind of looks like you wanted to vote me because I was "fighting" with Egan, but you jumped ships onto Max because of Lenglon pretty quickly.  Looking like you don't have your own arguments for voting someone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't help but push your luck, can you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 11, 2022, 08:53:34 pm »

It's said that when tric looks like scum he is town and vice versa, or that him not making sense is a towntell for him. But I also haven't really watched him and paid enough attention to really know that distinction.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 11, 2022, 08:56:52 pm »

It's said that when tric looks like scum he is town and vice versa, or that him not making sense is a towntell for him. But I also haven't really watched him and paid enough attention to really know that distinction.

To be fair, I don't -really- like meta arguments.  If you're acting scummy I'm going to call it regardless.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 64