Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64

Author Topic: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Game Over!  (Read 39220 times)

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
Re: Beginner Mafia 2: BYOR Edition - Day 1: Bwuk Bwuk Little Chickens
« Reply #315 on: July 12, 2022, 08:38:16 pm »

Knightwing (1x vote if that's allowed please?) and Lidku: It appears that you haven't made any votes yet this day, according to Mamobo at least. Is there a reason for this? I believe it's a good idea to use votes as pressure.

It's that I don't find anyone particularly suspicions at the moment. There is really no good option, but if I'm pressured to vote for someone, I'd guess it'd have to be between Lenglon and yourself. Lenglon because they're aggression is too high, and you, because I just found your claimed Miller ability too suspicious.. just chalk it up to a "monke brain" instinct.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 12, 2022, 08:38:40 pm »

I'll agree we should avoid no lynch, in less strenuous language. There's some targets here. We just should avoid letting a tie happen.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 12, 2022, 08:42:44 pm »

Knightwing (1x vote if that's allowed please?) and Lidku: It appears that you haven't made any votes yet this day, according to Mamobo at least. Is there a reason for this? I believe it's a good idea to use votes as pressure.

It's that I don't find anyone particularly suspicions at the moment. There is really no good option, but if I'm pressured to vote for someone, I'd guess it'd have to be between Lenglon and yourself. Lenglon because they're aggression is too high, and you, because I just found your claimed Miller ability too suspicious.. just chalk it up to a "monke brain" instinct.

Do you think this is too aggressive to be town for Lenglon? She's exerting even pressure and not focusing on any one person to the exclusion on others. If that's scum behavior, it's bold and well-measured scum. This reads to me just like an experienced player getting back into town mode like riding a bike.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 12, 2022, 08:45:46 pm »

“Even pressure?”

Fuck me, what would her targeting look like?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 12, 2022, 08:47:35 pm »

Probably about the same, but with more egregiously giving other people passes.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 12, 2022, 08:48:00 pm »

Do you think this is too aggressive to be town for Lenglon? She's exerting even pressure and not focusing on any one person to the exclusion on others. If that's scum behavior, it's bold and well-measured scum. This reads to me just like an experienced player getting back into town mode like riding a bike.

It's something I broached before previously in the thread; the act of trying too hard to be Town could very well be a tactic to lower suspicions of said actor being Mafia. And "pressure voting" to me seems like flip-flops. That same Mafia tactic of constantly changing who you vote for was one of the key tells that me to correct suspect EuchreJack in the last BYOR game.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 12, 2022, 08:49:27 pm »

Also, all "pressure voting" does is input stabs in the dark and just make Town jumpy against one another. I don't really see the effectiveness of it, considering how little D1 anyone can possibly go off of.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 12, 2022, 08:51:29 pm »

I think you undervalue D1. There's more to this game than mechanical solving, you have to also pay attention to people and get in their heads. You can do that D1. Nobody is a perfect liar.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 12, 2022, 08:54:04 pm »

Ok, let's go.

Lidku:

From experience, scum absolutely loves to lynch (or NK) active players because active players sniff out scum.  Are you nervous that Lenglon is so aggresive?  If you were town you'd appreciate her levels of activity. 

This is exactly why I believed that being so aggressive on D1 is not optimal. It just stokes up beginning tension when there is nothing truly to go off of yet.

And if everyone is passive on D1 we have nothing to go on.  I'm not saying you're scum, but you might not have the right attitude.  I will be watching you in the future.

Knightwing64:
Kindly fuck off. Okay, scratch the kindly, just fuck off.

Lenglon

Oooh.  Are you buckling under the pressure with an OMGUS?  I still think you're pretty new so that might be a visceral response.  But I think you're leaning more scum to me now. 

Lenglon I don't think you're doing bad at all honestly.  A tough aggressive, but fuck them I think it works, ultimately.  You're generating posts and that is the #1 priority on D1.

Egan_BW:  This is super meta shit, but statistically speaking I -believe- there are low odds of a double-voter being scum.  This could be an exception, but I'll watch your future play with interest.

Maximum Spin:
Anyway, as self-appointed god of Knightwing's meta, I do want to reiterate that Knightwing looks town. Getting mad at him isn't worth wasting the lynch.
There have people in this game with little confidence in your D1 play.  Why are you confident that Knightwing64 looks town? 

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 12, 2022, 08:57:07 pm »

Has Knightwing done anything particularly bad, other than glossing over your queries to them? How much support would making Knightwing the policy-vote even be?
The important thing about it is that Knightwing is actively and intentionally refusing to participate in the scumhunting process. In such a case where a player is going out of their way to make regular posts but never have any input about the game then it's not a case like Tric's, where they're busy, but a case of scum hiding by not putting themselves out there to have their alignment and intentions determined. If we for the moment assume that Tric's lurking behavior is simply a act to hide being scum, then they're risking a modkill or force-replace for very little benefit, since they do have a spotlight on themselves for exactly this behavior. Knightwing's behavior does not risk this, and unlike Tric's, is unlike to improve when he gets less busy, since being busy isn't the thing keeping him from posting actual content, only his decision to refuse to do so is.

Well, that’s just untrue. You are the only person to directly ask me a question, I answered and have stated what I thought on my multiple occasions. It’s Day fucking 1. Forgive me for not having enough information for a stunning discovery.

Kindly fuck off. Okay, scratch the kindly, just fuck off.

Lenglon
Knightwing - If I'm the only person to have asked you a question, then you have the time to actually answer it don't you? instead of either flat ignoring or deflecting like you have been doing? I'm not even asking you for a reads list, I'm asking you for a single meta read on a player you have played with before. This should be so easy to answer it's pathetic. And yet you won't do it. Not can't, wont. You have, over the entire day, been asked, in total, from everyone, ONE question. But apparently that's too hard for you. I'm not willing to accept that, and neither should anyone else be.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 12, 2022, 08:57:12 pm »

Also, all "pressure voting" does is input stabs in the dark and just make Town jumpy against one another. I don't really see the effectiveness of it, considering how little D1 anyone can possibly go off of.

Scum can make mistakes and panic on D1.  On later days it is absolutely worth to see who interacted with who on D1 and how they interacted.  Also who they voted and why and when. 

Statistically speaking, yes, town will almost likely be voted on D1 but that information can be useful in later days.

If you're passive on D1 that makes me think you don't want to stand out.  And scum doesn't want to stand out.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 12, 2022, 08:59:42 pm »

Lenglon I'm pretty sure, as far as I know, Knightwing64 is fairly new to this subforum.  I think you might be drilling a touch too hard.  More carrot and less whip, perhaps?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 12, 2022, 09:01:56 pm »

You have, over the entire day, been asked, in total, from everyone, ONE question.

I asked one just now! :D

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 12, 2022, 09:02:08 pm »

This -is- a beginner's game, so I'm trying to play with that in mind. 

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 12, 2022, 09:04:26 pm »

I’m not annoyed at Leng because of OMGUS, but because they are such a fucking asshole.

I feel like Egan’s claim is kinda weird, but I think it could be true. Or it could be a incredibly daring attempt to appear so obviously scummy so that you aren’t seen as scummy
for the love of.
Knightwing: Why do you insist on making me have to repeat myself over and and over over before you will actually answer the world's most basic questions you brainless muppet? Do you not have any follow-up to what you asked me in your last post? Do you have some kind of reading deficiency? Is the only reason you won't answer the world's most basic questions because you haven't been voted for it yet? Really? Got it Knightwing you have successfully frustrated me enough to get voted out of simple irritation at your flat refusal to have anything to do with actually progressing the game. Fix your shit you fucking dumbass.

Apparently, I am a brainless dumbass muppet with a reading deficiency who needs to fix my shit because I don’t want to answer the same damn question 10 times.

I’m sorry I have nothing to add, I don’t have much to go on other then the fact I dislike you.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 64